Argo

joyce ford

Okay I am not trying to be stupid or an airhead but can someone tell me what this film is about. They said it is a true story.

http://en.wikipedia....%282012_film%29

It's a rescue movie.

Thanks Noeland for the answer.
  • 2 weeks later...

Argo is pure brilliance! I knew the ending, and yet I would still find myself getting nervous/anxious during the intense moments. I recognized 16 actors in the film; each one brought a lot of talent to the table. Alan Arkin & John Goodman provided the comic relief; they really played off one another well. Bryan Cranston is outstanding; of course, he always is. I love Tate Donovan, so it was nice to see him in a nice size role on the big screen. I was hoping John Boyd who played Arlo on 24 would have a bigger part in Argo, partly because I’ve been going around and saying, “Arlo is going to be in Argo,” a lot. ;)

Out of all of the many characters, my favorite is Rory Cochrane. He really took “looking the part” seriously. In fact, it’s really interesting to see how much the actors looked like the people they were portraying. I’m quite taken by Rory (perhaps not as much as Curve Your Vampirism’s Vestucia) ;) ; he always holds my attention whether or not he doesn’t always come off as the most energetic.

Ben Affleck has proven to be an outstanding director; I hope he gets recognition for his cinematic gem during awards season.

Highly recommend seeing Argo!

• 2 months later...

I’m so happy that Ben Affleck won the Golden Globe for Best Director (take that, Academy) & that Argo won for Best Picture - Drama.

Me too indieflick_chick90! It was so refreshing to see how shocked he was -- he deserved it!

I loved Ben’s surprised expression! And we know George Clooney won’t let him forget the absence of his name in Ben’s acceptance speech for awhile. :P

& on a much grumpier & unrelated note to Argo, what was up w/ Tommy Lee Jones? Will Ferrell & Kristen Wiig made the night as hilarious presenters, and Jones couldn’t even act like he thought they were funny.

• 1 month later...

I’m so happy that Argo won the Oscar for Best Picture. Truly deserving. Ben Affleck delivered the best speech of the evening. It was heartfelt & inspiring. I got a little teary-eyed when he became so emotional towards the end.

In my opinion, Seth MacFarlane did a great job as the host. He kept me engaged and made the show exciting. What type of jokes were expected from the man behind Family Guy, a show known for pushing the envelope? Tasteless? Sexist? I’d say more like honest humor. Seth could dish it; most of Hollywood just couldn’t take it (or get it). Furthermore, Seth made Tommy Lee Jones laugh, which is quite an impressive feat.

It felt like there was a 6 second delay for the audience actually at the Academy Awards. Either that or a lot of jokes went over people’s heads. I thought Paul Rudd & Melissa McCarthy were the funniest presenters & that the cast of The Avengers were the most awkward (though, Kristen Stewart was awkward as always (poor Daniel Radcliffe)). Bad execution on whatever those usually funny gentlemen were attempting.

Did anyone on here watch The Oscars?

Did anyone on here watch The Oscars?

I did watch the Oscars in bits n pieces - loved the acceptance speeches,Jennifer's (who I could tell actually hurt her hands when she fell, poor thing), Christophe's, Q's, Danel's, Ben's - thought it was really classy that Clooney said nothing and that Grant (whom I recognize as an actor as well) spoke and then introduced Ben - who I wanted to tell to take his time, but he becomes so sincerely and endearingly geeked out in those moments!

Agreed, Paul & Melissa, she especially - were the best, with Dustin & Charlize actually quite natural and fun, as well. More than two presenters was obviously problematic, logistically speaking! As well as getting around JenG's beautiful dress and poor K-Stew hopping around while Daniel tried to be a gentleman - I do give her credit for stepping up to the honor of being asked to participate and not taking that lightly.

Thought Seth was wicked cute and funny, surprisingly talented with the song & dance (loved having "the boys" - JGL & DR along) - offensive though it might have been, I can't get "We Saw Your Boobs!" out of my head - and truth be told, those ladies showed us their boobs, so there! ;) I also thought Charlize was absolutely lovely dancing with Channing - who admitted to being quite nervous to dance choreography without his wife. Being a Trekkie dork, I loved the presence of The Shatner though it did go on a tad bit too long.

And Tommey Lee Jones (and many others!) laughed straight away - so Mission Accomplished, I say!!! :D

I did watch the Oscars in bits n pieces - loved the acceptance speeches,Jennifer's (who I could tell actually hurt her hands when she fell, poor thing), Christophe's, Q's, Danel's, Ben's - thought it was really classy that Clooney said nothing and that Grant (whom I recognize as an actor as well) spoke and then introduced Ben - who I wanted to tell to take his time, but he becomes so sincerely and endearingly geeked out in those moments!

Agreed, Paul & Melissa, she especially - were the best, with Dustin & Charlize actually quite natural and fun, as well. More than two presenters was obviously problematic, logistically speaking! As well as getting around JenG's beautiful dress and poor K-Stew hopping around while Daniel tried to be a gentleman - I do give her credit for stepping up to the honor of being asked to participate and not taking that lightly.

Thought Seth was wicked cute and funny, surprisingly talented with the song & dance (loved having "the boys" - JGL & DR along) - offensive though it might have been, I can't get "We Saw Your Boobs!" out of my head - and truth be told, those ladies showed us their boobs, so there! ;) I also thought Charlize was absolutely lovely dancing with Channing - who admitted to being quite nervous to dance choreography without his wife. Being a Trekkie dork, I loved the presence of The Shatner though it did go on a tad bit too long.

And Tommey Lee Jones (and many others!) laughed straight away - so Mission Accomplished, I say!!! :D

Clooney knows classy. & Heslov's a great guy for giving Affleck the moment he deserved. It was cute to see Affleck have a rush of surprise & nerves & excitement.

Poor Jennifer Lawrence. She was able to get up & joke about it in the moment. I hope if I ever fall down, Hugh Jackman comes to my rescue, too. ;)

Melissa McCarthy is hilarious; she does have a knack for being a scene-and-stage stealer. Dustin & Charlize did seem to enjoy the company of one another without having to act like they did.

Seth as Oscar host -- My sentiments exactly! We Saw Your Boobs! is a catchy song. & these actresses, excluding Lawrence (for now) :P , whether for the art or attention or money, have showed their breasts on film. And I think it’s a bit redundant for critics/bloggers to make a fuss about it, since the gag of it was that performing the song would make bad headlines for MacFarlane as host.

I loved seeing Shatner; he looked really good up on the gigantic screen. It was a pretty long opening. But since it was so lively, I didn’t get bored with it. JG-L & Radcliffe should team up for a project. :)

Archived