What was Quentin's BEST movie?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for what you thought was Quentin's BEST film

• Reservoir Dogs
    • Pulp Fiction
    • Jackie Brown
    • Kill Bill
    • Deathproof

So, what the hell is going on with this? I was under the impressions that part of the deal when the Weisteins parted from Miramax was that they recived the rights the QT's films (and if I remeber correctly, I also thought Robert Rodriguez's and Kevin Smith's along with Dimension). I see the BlueRay is being announced by Disney/Miramax. Wonder if this has anything to do with TWBA comging out? At last year's ComiCon, it was being promoted as ready to go.

I'm guessing the Weinsteins are just milking the film for all it's worth.

Think about it, they're gonna get more money by releasing the volumes on Blu-Ray and then at some point they'll release The Whole Bloody Affair on DVD and Blu-Ray.

• 1 year later...

Last night, I attended a Q & A screening of INGLORIOUS BASTERDS at the DGA Theater. It was a great night.

When asked if he had any plans to do animation, Quentin said yes and no. He didn't have any new projects, but he said that when they did KILL BILL, the animated segment on the page was much longer than what's in the movie. At the time, it was supposed to be one movie, so they didn't animate what Quentin said was his favorite part of that segment, because it was just way too long.

Quentin said they were currently animating it and that KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR will be coming to theaters in the near future. He said the black and white section will be color and it will be one combined film that includes this new animation.

• 5 weeks later...

It would be nice to finally see both parts together. I loved Kill Bill: Volume 1, but the second part seemed really slow and a little boring at times. Michael Madsen was the best one in the second part, and I didn't think that his role was big enough.

Aww man, I loved all the Pai Mei sequences (strokes beard), also LOVED seeing international screen LEGEND, Sony Chiba as Hattori Hanzo, awesome.

More Carradine means I'm going to love KBII more too. Love all of his dialogue. And the thing I really love in this film is seeing Michael Parks in some genius makeup as Bill's father figure, Esteban Vihaio.

Absolutely blew me away with that. Beeel . . . I love it. Seeing Darryl Hannah ripping it up in the best fight sequence ever undertaken in a fucking trailer was complete bliss. Now the trailer fight seen in Raising Arizona must take a back seat. And I gotta love KBII cause my pal Chris Nelson is in it playing The Bride's doomed husband to be, Tommy. Way to go Chris!

I agree that we all could have stood to see a little more Bud. He was once a mighty warrior right? We never really ever get to see him in his prime, only ever as the burnout.

Well I guess that's the necessity of characterization and how it has to be. Everyone in their right place so to speak.

So while I would agree that KBII is most certainly heavier on the dialogue that doesn't make it less of an achievement in my estimation. Both films have plenty to brag about in different ways, and together?

I can only wonder at how it plays as a whole. Watching the two films back to back wouldn't really cut it which is why I'd very much like to see The Whole Bloody Affair.

The two films are what they are at this point, two separate films, but with the extra animation and colorization changes, a little re-edit while combining the two back into one then the animal changes and evolves into something altogether different as an experience. When the fuck will this come out?

- TB

When the fuck will this come out?

- TB

That is the $20,000 question. I remember a few years back when they where showing off the KB:TWBA set packaging at Comi-Con "due out at Christmas", yet nothing. This thing can't come out soon enough.

That said, they way they stand now, both halfs are amazing, but I gotta side with Vol 2. I love the western feel to it, loved the bits of Bud we got to see, and Elle. Ever since Blade Runner I've had a thing for Ms. Hanna, so more of her was a big plus.

Vol. 1 was great, but for my money, Vol. 2 had more great characters and more of that great Tarantino diolouge. Kind of wish we could have had the original ending where Bill and The Bride do have the sword fight on the beach at sunrise. Oh well.

Now, I don't suppose we'll ever see the animated prequel trilogy focusing on Bill's three father figures QT was talking about before Vol. 1...

It's a game. A strategy. We all anticipate the release, while Tarantino keeps us waiting. Even demanding a release. I think Quentin wants us to beg for it. Maybe he'll get tired of our asking and just give the people what we want.

• 1 year later...

I got to see KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR at the first public screening at the New Beverly on Quentin Tarantino's birthday and QT was there to introduce it! Then we sang him Happy Birthday!

I've seen Part 1 & 2 multiple times, even once at the New Bev, but this is a different experience.

QT said that this version had some new stuff and some stuff taken out. Mr. Beaks review on AICN can give you some details:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49042

I had a blast at the Sunday matinee screening. Glad I gambled and bought tickets on QT's birthday!

I got to see KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR at the first public screening at the New Beverly on Quentin Tarantino's birthday and QT was there to introduce it! Then we sang him Happy Birthday!

I've seen Part 1 & 2 multiple times, even once at the New Bev, but this is a different experience.

QT said that this version had some new stuff and some stuff taken out. Mr. Beaks review on AICN can give you some details:

I had a blast at the Sunday matinee screening. Glad I gambled and bought tickets on QT's birthday!

That's so awesome! Now, that's the way to watch the movie! :)

Thanks, Brian, for yet another vicarious awesome screening experience!

The walls would shake if I ever actually made one of these myself, sign of the apocalypse and all ... ;)

Cheers -

• 2 weeks later...