The Dark Knight

Arsh

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TITANIC box office numbers are VERY questionable.

It ran for 10 months, opened during the week, ---

The numbers for that movie are a fuckin mess and as far as I'm concerned Dark Knight already beat it by making what TITANIC made in 3 months (a valid theatrical run) in just 3 weeks.

-TL

Guest FADoss
HOW is it valid to expect a movie to make the amount another movie made in 10 months in just 3???

-TL

NOT THE POINT. Point was you said Dark Knight has a record for being number 1 in the box office longer than any other film...and I think someone brought up Titanic...which makes you wrong. :)

So what other stats are you making up?

Fred

Guest FADoss
Quit being dissagreeable.

TITANIC's numbers are too elite to apply to Dark Knight.

There were weekends where it had NO competition because it ran WAYYY too long.

Dark Knight encountered MANY opponents in its 4 week reign.

-TL

I'm just pointing out that you were wrong. Why is it that anything that counters a statement you make doesn't count?

:)

Fred

Guest FADoss

About Dark Knight breaking it's record for remaining #1 at the box office the longest? Where's your source? That is a statement that is either true or false...regardless of how much money Titanic made...

Fred

Go look at the movies that were competing against TITANIC from January - April of 1998.

It had NO competition.

Dark Knight had to duke it out with The X Files and Step Brothers (week 1), The Mummy 3 (week 3), Pineapple Express (week 4) and a whole lot of other movies during the SUMMER season.

-TL

Guest FADoss
Go look at the movies that were competing against TITANIC from January - April of 2008.

It had NO competition.

Dark Knight had to duke it out with The X Files (week 1), The Mummy 3 (week 3), Pineapple Express (week 4) and a whole lot of other movies during the SUMMER season.

-TL

None of those three were blockbuster material either... what's your point? Are you actually placing any of these films in the same quality bucket as Dark Knight?

And if Leo would have died, he would have gotten an oscar nod. :P

Fred

I finally saw this film last night. Oddly enough there is no MPAA rating on the IMDB page, but I saw earlier in this thread that it was pg-13. Is that true? If so, I'm surprised! Coz Heath Ledger's Joker scared the bejeezuz outta me! I was cringing in my seat!

On the down side, it was too long by about 15 minutes. The end was confusing to me...too much going on at one time and it wasn't necessary. Tension can be sustained for only so long and then it becomes...well, annoying!

On the up side, Heath Ledger. O. M. G!!! I didn't believe all the hype, thinking that it was because of his tragic death, but it wasn't. What a performance. Stunning. Simply STUNNING.

Nomad

Did anyne else have a problem with Batman blowing up things with his bike cannons? It kinda seems wrong when he says he only has one rule then shoots the crap out of the place. There were kids in that car. He coulda killed them!

Other than that I really enjoyed the film.

BOX OFFICE UPDATE:

After only 6 weeks, Heath Ledger's masterpiece epic some are now calling "The Best Crime Film since The French Connection" has crossed the $500 Million Domestic mark.

Ledger's The Dark Knight continues to climb the charts grossing an average $15 Million per week.

It is predicted that if the film is kept in theatres another 7 weeks, it may surpass Cameron's TITANIC by a few Million.

"Christian, Christian. Acting's just not for everybody. Do you have any other talents? Is there anything else you know how to do? Maybe something you're actually good at???"

heath10cpx8.jpg

-TL

BOX OFFICE UPDATE:

After only 6 weeks, Heath Ledger's masterpiece epic some are now calling "The Best Crime Film since The French Connection" has crossed the $500 Million Domestic mark.

Ledger's The Dark Knight continues to climb the charts grossing an average $15 Million per week.

It is predicted that if the film is kept in theatres another 7 weeks, it may surpass Cameron's TITANIC by a few Million.

"Christian, Christian. Acting's just not for everybody. Do you have any other talents? Is there anything else you know how to do? Maybe something you're actually good at???"

heath10cpx8.jpg

-TL

U dont like Christian Bale at all?