The Dark Knight

Arsh

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL.

Legacy,

I'd actually like to see them do it. It's a ballsy move that could be very cool. Maybe not for the next one, but #4? The Joker is Batman's NEMESIS. You can't just erase him like they did in Burton's Batman.

Fred

Does anyone else think it will be a miracle if Nolan does a 4th Batman film?

When he goes (and he will eventually) those are going to be mighty big shoes to fill.

Though how I would love to see an Alfonso Cuarón directed installment.

No, not love, I'd eat my own guts to see that film.

- TB

Guest FADoss

James, if he actually said he hated the film in a public forum that's a sign that he DOESN'T have a good head on his shoulders. Burning bridges in the business is NOT a good idea...especially with people who have money to throw at something as major budget as GI Joe.

Fred

I'm also undecided about the whole Joker thing. I really want to see him again, but I'm not sure if anyone can do what Heath did. He is Batman's nemesis, and my favorite villain. It's a tough decision. I can see them not doing him again, out of respect to Heath. On the other hand, he does have the make up and green hair, so physically, someone else could play him. :(

Guest FADoss
Huh, there's a video on MTV's movie blog, (I think it was) he said something in the line of: "It's going to fucking rock!!"

And THAT is what you're supposed to do...as a business man! Remember, for no matter how talented you are, there are 25 guys waiting in the wings who could out-do you in a heart beat. :) There's being an artist and then there's being a professional.

Fred

James, if he actually said he hated the film in a public forum that's a sign that he DOESN'T have a good head on his shoulders. Burning bridges in the business is NOT a good idea...especially with people who have money to throw at something as major budget as GI Joe.

Fred

No Fred, he didn't say he hated it. He just stated that he wouldn't have done it had it not had a good cast and good overall direction. Sorry if I wrote it confusing.

JO

If Ledger gets a Nomination (that's all it will take) the chances of Nolan recasting The Joker are 0.00%.

If Ledger doesn't get a nomination, the chances are 1 out of 100.

Its time to bring on NEW villains and let the star of Gotham rest in peace.

-TL

The Joker is too cool and too necessary of a villain to just drop outright.

I am in favour of seeing a Zodiac-esque Riddler in the third film, but apparently this idea isn't too popular over at SHH.

Correction: Heath Ledger AS The Joker is too cool and necessary of a villain to just drop outright.

That's why I understand Nolan's lack of interest in recasting.

"I just don't see us going back to him."

That's from his interview with TV Guide Channel.

-TL

Well, that's fine and all. If they don't want to use The Joker again, it's not a huge deal. I just want them to make sure that they have the best story possible. The Dark Knight had one of the best story lines of any film in the last 10 years.

I also want the third film to be as different in tone from the second film as the second one was from the first film.

Batman Begins was more of an origin/adventure film, The Dark Knight was a hardcore crime film, and I would prefer the third film to be a mystery film, where we see Batman be more of a detective and I want to see The Riddler (who would suit a mystery film... because as awesome as The Joker is, he's not a mystery film character. He doesn't want to know who Batman is. The Riddler is a lot different).

You know what worries me?

This comment by Nolan...

"This is definitely the peak of the franchise. If we can go back and do something interesting again, it would be great."

That goes to say whatever we see next won't be as good.

Specially if Bale is expected to carry the film on his own.

-TL

Its been almost a decade since Nolan and Pearce teamed up for Memento.

It would be FANTASTIC seeing them work together on a third Batman film.

I have no doubt it will be a great film, but The Dark Knight is on a whole other level.

Its not even the film that's unbelievably amazing, its what Ledger did in it that defines it greatness.

That's why Heath might get that Nomination and the film won't.

-TL

Guest AdminGuyX

Here's an idea. Let Nolan create his own villain for the next film. Am I crazy, or is another villain from the stable an absolute must?

Personally, I don't want to see it be The Riddler or The Penguin. Just another wacky guy with henchmen. No thank you. Maybe if they work alone. Granted, Nolan has handled the "henchmen" aspect of the villians quite well so far, so maybe I shouldn't be worried.

I have always hated the Batman "villain game" that gets played with the movies. Doesn't matter to me who the villain is, I just want another cool flick.

And some one at some point is going to have to be cast into the Joker role, obviously. It'll be after Nolan leaves the franchise, but I like the character much to much too never see him on screen again. Honestly, it will be interesting to see what the next incarnation will be, and who will be in the makeup.

Ledger's performance will not be tarnished if they recast the role for an Arkham cameo in #3, at least I don't think so. But I don't feel Ledger's performance is sacred. It's damn good, and his passing is terrible, but another actor is going to have to step up for the role eventually.

Batman Begins was more of an origin/adventure film, The Dark Knight was a hardcore crime film, and I would prefer the third film to be a mystery film, where we see Batman be more of a detective.

Sorry I truncated that quote, but these words speak to me.

- Tb

Guest FADoss
Its been almost a decade since Nolan and Pearce teamed up for Memento.

It would be FANTASTIC seeing them work together on a third Batman film.

I have no doubt it will be a great film, but The Dark Knight is on a whole other level.

Its not even the film that's unbelievably amazing, its what Ledger did in it that defines it greatness.

That's why Heath might get that Nomination and the film won't.

-TL

Oh bullshit. Ledger is not the only good actor out there and I've already given you my opinion as to why he will get a nomination which YOU continue to bend into my slandering Ledger and his performance, which is not at ALL what I said. It's the same reason a film like "Dark Knight" won't get nominated...snobbery at the academy.

And Noeland, just tossing some ideas out there. If Nolan actually reads my post on this board and feels any pressure to change his plans for a third movie then he's special...or my powers have grown immensely. :P I just think it would be cool to see Pierce in something cool directed by Nolan again. And for it to be Batman.

Fred

Heath Ledger is truly an unstoppable force.

The Dark Knight is now the 2nd Highest Grossing Domestic Film of ALL TIME.

George Lucas' original Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope has been knocked down...

heathledger35dfh5.jpg

With $471.5 Million after only 4 weeks, the probability of Heath knocking down James Cameron's TITANIC is still high.

-TL