The Dark Knight

Arsh

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Hoskins must be Penguin if they do it. He would be fuckin' scary and brilliant. They've filmed movies before where an actor was too short or too tall, they can make it work with angles. Hoskins is a must.

Catwoman, no Jolie, no, no, no.

Catwoman, in my opinion, should be played by one of two women.

1) Rhona Mitra

2) Carla Gugino

And if they do Riddler, then I can honestly say Depp would be very, very good. He has great range and has the unique weirdness about him that would make Riddler, if done correctly, work. Depp would create something not unlike Ledger's Joker. It would be interesting. I like Guy, but I think Depp is more up for the challenge. It would change people's minds about him and possibly rub people the wrong way. Ever watch The Libertine? Depp was amazingly savage in that film.

JO

My wife, not being too film savy, had no idea that Depp could be so "dirty" after watching The Libertine. :D

Agreed. Depp gave one of his most underrated performances and one of his finest which was simply overlooked because he is completely different from all of his other films. He showed me a new side, more range. Impressed my greatly. The opening with him talking to the audience, in my opinion, was incredibly smooth.

JO

Calender Man you can do, if they go the Long Halloween and Dark Victory route, which Nolan and co. have been using for the last two movies.

The Ventriloquist and Scarface, well I would just get a kick out of seeing that on screen. If you've ever seen Magic starring Anthony Hopkins, you could make the creepy as shit.

Guest FADoss

And I disagree. I like that the article points out that Bruce Wayne doesn't SOUND like Batman in Dark Knight, which is good. Otherwise it's like glasses on Clark Kent. Also, he's supposed to sound intimidating...devilish. I think Bale has done a fine job.

Fred

Guest AdminGuyX

I hated his "Batman voice" in TDK. Stuck out really badly for me. I think it could have been better.

TL, sorry I haven't replied sooner. I'm like 3 pages off. I see what your point is about seemingly saying one thing, than saying another, only if you don't read my second big post as a clarification of the first big post. :) Which is what it was intended as.

I'm sorry if it came across some other way. Maybe I lead a dual life.

It happens. :ph34r:

Doesn't matter, I loved the movie for all the right reasons.

:P

The part of the article that interested me most was; "Though much of the voice effect is Bale's own doing, under the guidance of director Christopher Nolan and supervising sound editor Richard King, the frequency of his Batman voice was modulated to exaggerate the effect."

The the voice is what Nolan wanted. When folks who don't like the voice talk about it, they sound like they think it was all Bale's doing and no one else on the production had a choice in the matter.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

k-skye

That article about Depp and Hoffman seems like total BS... simply cause Nolan isn't even 100% sure he's gonna make a third one. There's no script in existence for a third film either. Nolan's going on vacation and then is probably gonna work on a different film (like he did on The Prestige after BB and before TDK) before starting work on B3...

Guest AdminGuyX
The the voice is what Nolan wanted. When folks who don't like the voice talk about it, they sound like they think it was all Bale's doing and no one else on the production had a choice in the matter.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

It's a good point.

I do think lots of folks here though understand that Bale was directed to use that voice by Nolan, and he probably knew it would be altered in post in some way too. They probably figured that stuff out together, as Bale is a hands on actor, I doubt much happens on a film he's starring in that he isn't in some way interested in, and involved in.

I think that they could have gone another route with the Batman voice, but I do think that changing volcalization was a good choice. In the Burton Batman films, hell, even the t.v. show, I always wondered how no one figured out that Batman was Bruce Wayne when he always used the same voice? It's not like Bruce was a total hermit (although more so in Burton's films than others).