Man of Steel

justaguy1984

Here's the first pic of Henry Cavill as Superman.

http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/man...supermanbig.jpg

I've never seen him in anything before, but I feel that he'll make the perfect Superman. I just have a good feeling about him. I also really like the suit, a lot better then when the Returns suit made its debut.

First Spider-Man now Superman, what is it with these costumes that seem to be made from basketballs. Cavill looks good as Superman, though they should have put out a better picture. I just hope the movie isn't being done "grim n' gritty".

Guest AdminGuyX

Henry-Cavill-as-Superman-in-Man-of-Steel

I don't care much for the texture either. Ultimately that trend is going to define super hero movies of this era. And having it the same over the entire costume just seems odd looking.

The biggest reason this film may fail though, is that it's yet another origin film. If any super hero in the world doesn't need his origin retold it is superman.

The biggest reason this film may fail though, is that it's yet another origin film. If any super hero in the world doesn't need his origin retold it is superman.

Everyone knows Superman, they just need to find a smart way of introducing the characters and not spend the whole film doing it. And no Lex, at least not for a while. He's in every friggen film! The texture in the "S" is a bit rediculous. They should have went smooth.

Maybe they're just goosebumps and he's REALLY nervous. ^_^

Hahahahaha! That made my day.

He should just remember, it least it's not the black costume from the shelved Nic Cage/Tim Burton version. That was God awful.

Unless this movie has some earth shattering effects or it is somehow just off the hook...I ain't interested.

I like the texture of the suit. It seems...Alien, which is what he is, but to each their own.

Mt main concern with this movie is Snyder. He's really hit or miss. I just hope Nolan has some kind of influence over the direction of the film. Hopefully it won't be dark. A bit of drama is good, but as long as Superman is superman. Here's hoping.

• 2 months later...
Superman with a beard. He's pretty jacked too. I wonder if the first teaser will be with dark knight next year.

I remember reading someplace (maybe an old comic?) that Supes used his heat vision on a reflective surface to trim his stubble :)

Mind you in the comics, he can crush a piece of coal in each hand into two perfectly facetted diamonds in minutes in order to focus his heat vision to burn away cataracts as well...

Best part I ever saw was Supes in the animated series...

"I feel like I live in a world made of... cardboard, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control even for a moment, or someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose and show you just how powerful I really am."