This movie not referencing the piece of shit that was Origins can only add plus marks for this film. Assuming Fox lets Aronofsky do what the hell he wants, this should end up being the movie that Origins should have been.

• 3 months later...

So I've been keeping up with the news on Wolverine, especially after I talked with Jackman on who should be cast as Shingen and Silver Samurai.

I told him that Ken Watanabe should be Shingen and he agreed with me and then said "I tell you what, we oughta give you a casting credit if we get him for Shingen"

We then talked about who would be a good Silver Samurai... I said Ian Anthony Dale. He's up and coming and is half Japanese. I believe he's fluent in both Japanese and English. He looked him up the next day and got back to me and said they he doesn't know much about him because his resume is a bit thinner (He is a series lead on the show "The Event" and is Scorpion/Hanzo Hasahi in the Mortal Kombat: Rebirth short, but possibly mostly recognized as Mr. Chow's bodyguard Ian in the "Hangover"). So yeah after I wrapped up my featured extra work on Real Steel I started working on Detroit 1-8-7 every now and again as Michael Imperioli's stand-in and Hugh Jackman came and visited the set on one of the days I worked because he was friends with the mother of this actor having a dayplayer role so he decided to come visit while he had some free time. ANYWAYSSSS, he remembered me and we got back to talking and I referred him another actor for Silver Samurai if Ian Anthony Dale didn't workout for them. That actor is Hiroyuki Ikeushi... he's very popular in Japan and he may not even speak English (which could be great for the film). He's recognized for playing General Miura in the movie "Ip Man". If you guys watch that film you will see why I think he would be a great Silver Samurai.

Anywaysss that's my casting shpiel...

On another note, Jackman has been hard at work on his body for this film because Aronofsky thought that he wasn't bulky enough in the last 4 films so he wants him to get even BIGGER so he can match the character in the comics. I think that's fucking awesome. So Hugh confided in Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson for dieting tips!

Check out the article:

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Dustin0...s/news/?a=30432

-Raf

I thought the guy looked perfect in the last film. Unless he could shrink a foot, or two, I don't think he needs to bulk up anymore. I'd like to see him learn some decent fighting moves. And blood, the films NEED blood, I mean KIll Bill blood, the guy's got claws a foot long or more protruding out of his hands he uses to defend himself with. There should be blood.

Aronofsky I trust.

I love how the CG in Black Swan was extreamly well hidden. One of my biggest gripes about the last film was the cartoonish CG claws! How many millions of dollars were dumped on that film only to have some of the worst CG ever to do Wolverine's most distinctive trait?

Aronofsky I trust.

I love how the CG in Black Swan was extreamly well hidden. One of my biggest gripes about the last film was the cartoonish CG claws! How many millions of dollars were dumped on that film only to have some of the worst CG ever to do Wolverine's most distinctive trait?

Yeah, the claws in the first X-Men look ten times better than in Origins. There were moments in Origins where they were unnecessarily CGI, and going back comparing the first movie they actually built a fake arm with animatronic protruding claws for one scene. I think laziness was a foot in the case of the claws in Origins.

Yeah, the claws in the first X-Men look ten times better than in Origins. There were moments in Origins where they were unnecessarily CGI, and going back comparing the first movie they actually built a fake arm with animatronic protruding claws for one scene. I think laziness was a foot in the case of the claws in Origins.

The scene in the bathroom in Origins when you first see his claws caused fits of laughter in the cinema when I saw it. They looked ridiculous.

I didn’t despise Origins the way a lot of people did but it felt very cut and paste. There were some good scenes mixed with some horrible ones. And the plot holes were enormous.

That said I’m really looking forward to Aronofsky’s take on it. He one of my favourite directors working today. And he seems to bring the best out of Jackman as an actor, if The Fountain is anything to go by.

• 4 weeks later...

There is always Baz Lurhman ;)

Aronofsky would have done a great job and would have taken the story to the level the first one should have at least tried for. I wonder in his script was turned in, or just in talks of what they wanted to do. In this case, I think the best senario would be to have Darren write the script and find a capable director to shoot it.

Oh yeah, look up KNB or some other effects house to do REAL claws, not cartoons.

Well, Christopher McQuarrie wrote the script, but I'm sure Aronofsky had input. I'm kinda worried, this is the exact same reason that Vaughn, I really hope they find someone good.

The claws thing, they did have "real" claws in the first one, so that's not an issue. It was baffling why they went with CG claws for some scenes, when real one would worked fine. The only times the CG claws should be used are for certain moments in fight scenes for safety reasons and for the *snikt* that's it.

I'm bumming but I guess the guys going through a hard time. I hope things work out for him. As far as Wolverine, christ, Chris Nolan's busy, we may be screwed.

He was the reason I was excited for this. Its a real shame :(

I played the Wolverine videogame recently. Its not that great but it was violent as hell. It was nice to see the actual damage his claws could do.

For example:

• 4 weeks later...

While waiting in line to see BLACK SWAN at the Film Independent preview screening, my friend and I talked at length about THE WOLVERINE and our hopes for it.

As the credits rolled on BLACK SWAN, I turned to my friend and said, "Aronofsky is gonna ruin THE WOLVERINE."

I wanna strangle Aronofsky with that pretentious scarf he always wears.

I couldn't be happier that he's not directing this film.

I'd love to see the Wachowski siblings do this, but that will never happen.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AdminGuyX

I appreciate that they are looking for directors with some artistic integrity at all.

The Wachowski's are not terrible IMHO, but they don't seem right for the Wolverine film I want to see made. I wouldn't mind seeing Junji Sakamoto, Ryûhei Kitamura, or Takashi Miike take the directors chair.

Given the subject matter of the film, I think that would be fitting.

I appreciate that they are looking for directors with some artistic integrity at all.

The Wachowski's are not terrible IMHO, but they don't seem right for the Wolverine film I want to see made. I wouldn't mind seeing Junji Sakamoto, Ryûhei Kitamura, or Takashi Miike take the directors chair.

Given the subject matter of the film, I think that would be fitting.

Miike would be an inspired choice for it, but they'd never pick him. Can you imagine an R rated Wolverine under his direction? The mind boggles. :lol:

Miike would be an inspired choice for it, but they'd never pick him. Can you imagine an R rated Wolverine under his direction? The mind boggles. :lol:

Well, Miike is just as capable of doing something fairly straight forward. His filmography varies from the more obtuse/transgressive films like Visitor Q and Gozu to children's films like Yatterman and The Great Yokai War. But this is Fox, so he would be the longest of long shots.