Thomas Jane Biography

Hey peeps -

I want to put together a biography on Tom - nothing excruciatingly details, just the basics. I figure we can have a running thread here and gather bits 'n' pieces, so feel free to post info. I'll be adding more here when I have the time.

It would be cool too if at some point Tom can look at it all and see if what we've added is correct, and if not we can make changes. :D

Jen

Ok, like here is some stuff that I've gleaned from various online sites over the years; if anything's amiss, post here:

Name: Tom Elliott III

Date of Birth: January 29, 1969

Place of Birth: Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Raised: Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC suburbs, all over

Hair Color: Blond

Eye Color: Hazel

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: variable...

Father: Biogenetic Engineer

Mother: Cindy Shiver Elliott - Antiques Dealer (maiden name possibly Jane)

Tom has 5 younger siblings

Divorced from Aysha Hauer (actress and daughter of actor Rutger Hauer)

Married to: Patricia Arquette (actress and part of Arquette acting family; divorced from actor Nicholas Cage; has son named Enzo from previous relationship)

Children: Harlow Olivia Calliope (born February 20, 2003)

Residence: Los Angeles, California, USA

Interests: NASCAR, 70's movies in the style of "Dirty Harry", skeet shooting, certain antiques, various sports, certain comic books and characters

Yeah, the problem is that I don't know if this is all (still) true, or if things have changed, or maybe stuff that's listed just isn't right... Maybe at some point Tom can comment and say if anything is incorrect...

Jen

And list the music he's into.

Just a thought.

JO

Oooh, yes, good idea; he did mention various bands and singers he likes in an older interview he did for my Thomas Jane 2 Yahoo Group; I'll post that info, and maybe other stuff I find, when I get the chance. :)

Jen

You could put that under interests he likes Beer. Guinness. Beer.

I think he said he likes a good Scotch and a good cigar.

JO

From Tom's Q&A answers from October of last year, he said he likes to fish and likes scotch whisky.

Jen

And list the music he's into.

Just a thought.

JO

From the October 2005 Q&A:

"Question: What bands/singers do you like?

Tom: too many to count. Bright Eyes, right now. Springsteen, the clash, minor threat, the rites of spring (old punk bands) concrete blonde, diamond nights is a great new band, the flaming lips, gang of four, satie, jesus and mary chain, the mountain goats, the pogues, the replacements, tony bennett, the white stripes, steve earle, slow loris."

Tom definitely has eclectic, but interesting tastes in music.

Jen

From the October 2005 Q&A:

"Question: What bands/singers do you like?

Tom: too many to count. Bright Eyes, right now. Springsteen, the clash, minor threat, the rites of spring (old punk bands) concrete blonde, diamond nights is a great new band, the flaming lips, gang of four, satie, jesus and mary chain, the mountain goats, the pogues, the replacements, tony bennett, the white stripes, steve earle, slow loris."

Tom definitely has eclectic, but interesting tastes in music.

Jen

Damn, Gang of Four, Rites Of Spring, Minor Threat, The Clash, Bruce Springsteen, Jesus And Mary Chain, that's some good music. I listen to Gang of Four and Rites of Spring all the time.

-JO

Damn, Gang of Four, Rites Of Spring, Minor Threat, The Clash, Bruce Springsteen, Jesus And Mary Chain, that's some good music. I listen to Gang of Four and Rites of Spring all the time.

-JO

I'm partial to Jesus And Mary Chain and The White Stripes myself...

Jen

• 2 weeks later...

That is definitely some interesting taste in music, for sure. I like The White Stripes myself, and Steve Earl. I'm more into southern rock and rockabilly, and these guys do it better than anyone else right now. Springsteen is cool, kind of like The Stones. Who doesn't love 'em, right?

But I have a question about Harlow. I have heard different dates about when she was born. I do know that she was born at home, but I have heard that she was born on Feb. 20 and also on March 1 or something like that. Any clues as to why the differing dates?

But I have a question about Harlow. I have heard different dates about when she was born. I do know that she was born at home, but I have heard that she was born on Feb. 20 and also on March 1 or something like that. Any clues as to why the differing dates?

I've always read that it was February 20th - I didn't know there was differing info... Did you see the different birthdates online or in a magazine? Just curious. :)

Jen

Speaking of White Stripes and seeing that many of you including Thomas Jane are into them- just wanted to throw this out there- The man, Michel Gondry, who directed many of their videos like the lego one and the red/black motif repeating in mathematical pattern drumsets- you know what I'm sayin' that guy Michel Gondry also directed Thomas wife in a whole film called Human Nature.

If you like his stuff, there's a whole special DVD released with a compilation of all the music videos he did including Bjork and Rolling Stones (with Thomas's wife again)

The White Stripes also have a short converstion scene in Jim Jarmusch's film Coffee and Cigarrettes. Its really cool. Its basically all these crazy fuckers like Iggy Pop and Tom Waites and Steven Wright who sit around at a diner smoking, drinking cofee, and bullshitting. Its shot in black and white and the white stripes- Jack and Meg talk about Tesla coils.

Its pretty cool.

And as far as Thomas saying he likes 'old punk bands' I heard somewhere maybe even from him in an interview- not sure- but i heard he was a punk rocker himself.

A millionaire punk who's into NASCAR?

sveinx

you know what I'm sayin' that guy Michel Gondry also directed Thomas wife in a whole film called Human Nature.

The White Stripes also have a short converstion scene in Jim Jarmusch's film Coffee and Cigarrettes. Its really cool. Its basically all these crazy fuckers like Iggy Pop and Tom Waites and Steven Wright who sit around at a diner smoking, drinking cofee, and bullshitting. Its shot in black and white and the white stripes- Jack and Meg talk about Tesla coils.

sveinx

I liked both Human Nature and Coffee And Cigarrettes. Really good films. It sucks that more people don't know about them.

-JO

I've always read that it was February 20th - I didn't know there was differing info... Did you see the different birthdates online or in a magazine? Just curious. :)

Jen

I've read this in a couple of different places, mostly online, in Patricia's biography, that Harlow was born in March instead of February. But the most common opinion is that it was February. Just curious.

Speaking of White Stripes and seeing that many of you including Thomas Jane are into them- just wanted to throw this out there- The man, Michel Gondry, who directed many of their videos like the lego one and the red/black motif repeating in mathematical pattern drumsets- you know what I'm sayin' that guy Michel Gondry also directed Thomas wife in a whole film called Human Nature.

If you like his stuff, there's a whole special DVD released with a compilation of all the music videos he did including Bjork and Rolling Stones (with Thomas's wife again)

Its pretty cool.

And as far as Thomas saying he likes 'old punk bands' I heard somewhere maybe even from him in an interview- not sure- but i heard he was a punk rocker himself.

A millionaire punk who's into NASCAR?

sveinx

That's so cool. Jack White is an amazing musician. His work on the Cold Mountain soundtrack is great. I also love an album that he co-wrote and produced with one of my favorite musical legends, Loretta Lynn, called Van Lear Rose. The sheer range of his musical talent is incredible.

And it's cool that you mentioned Tom Waits, cause he has a song called "Black Market Baby" with a line that was inspired by Thomas' wife, Patricia. It's an incredible song.

And I LOVE Human Nature. It's a great piece of work. Like you said, it's a shame that more people don't know about it.

Mediumfan

• 4 weeks later...

I knew Tom way back when, when we were kids. As far as his interest in comics, we were both way into Mad Magazines and the old Mad Comics, as well as (to a lesser extent) the Mad Magazine clones (Cracked & Crazy magazine). We were both into the Alien movie (I remember him showing me his big Alien action figure), Blade Runner, etc. We were both into Stephen King. It's kinda funny. He was into Blade Runner, and then for a time Rutger Hower was his father-in-law. We were both into Stephen King and now he's in The Mist.

If I remember correctly I had just finished reading Christine or Different Seasons or something like that, and Tom had just finished Skeleton Crew. He turned me on to Skeleton Crew, which, of course, is where the story "The Mist" was published.

When we were in High School, there was some play put on that Tom was in. It might have been Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, or something like that. It's been so long. Anyway, Tom was in it, and there was one scene where he did some short monologue sitting on a bench or something. I just remember that he was really into the scene and did a great job, and everyone was commenting on him and that scene after the play ended. I don't know if he was actually in the Drama Club or not, but he did do some acting in H.S. He also played football, but I don't remember what year or for how long. I just remember he got injured during one game. I think maybe his neck or something? I just remember seeing him in the ambulance. The ambulance wasn't speeding away or anything, but I seem to remember they were doing something with his neck. Maybe putting a brace on? Fuzzy memories, but I'm pretty sure that that was Tom. If he ever poke through this thread I'm sure he can correct me or fill in the blanks.

I know around '89 he was living in Hollywood in an apartment near Mann's Chinese Theater, right across the street from where I was living at the time. He was going to an acting school with his roommate Matt (a friend from High School), and was doing some local plays & stuff. I was out there going to music school at the time. That was the last time that I saw him (in person).

I tried to contact him about this time last year through his sister, but never got a response from either him or his sister. :-(

Brain21/Alex F

• 3 months later...
Ok, like here is some stuff that I've gleaned from various online sites over the years; if anything's amiss, post here:

Name: Tom Elliott III

Date of Birth: January 29, 1969

Place of Birth: Baltimore, Maryland, USA

Raised: Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC suburbs, all over

Hair Color: Blond

Eye Color: Hazel

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: variable...

Married to: Patricia Arquette (actress and part of Arquette acting family; divorced from actor Nicholas Cage; has son named Enzo from previous relationship)

Children: Harlow Olivia Calliope (born February 20, 2003)

...Just wanted to update his biography here to say that his date of birth is: February 22, 1969. I know this is in the "Happy Birthday Tom!" thread, but some peeps might not check that thread for that info, so I'm adding it here in the "Thomas Jane Biography" thread. :)

Oh, and JO, in an earlier message of yours, you mention that Tom's date of birth did differ a lot, and I'm just curious what you meant by that - if you noticed that online, at various sites, there are different dates for his b-day?

Jen

...Just wanted to update his biography here to say that his date of birth is: February 22, 1969. I know this is in the "Happy Birthday Tom!" thread, but some peeps might not check that thread for that info, so I'm adding it here in the "Thomas Jane Biography" thread. :)

Oh, and JO, in an earlier message of yours, you mention that Tom's date of birth did differ a lot, and I'm just curious what you meant by that - if you noticed that online, at various sites, there are different dates for his b-day?

Jen

Naw Jen. I just was saying that his daughter's birthday from various sources is different like Tom's was for different sources. Just seeing the similarities.

JO

Ok, thanks! :) Just wanted to see if I was missing something when I've been searching for info online about Tom. I thought maybe there were lots of sites that I missed which had varied birthdates for Tom...

Jen

Hey, I just noticed they fixed his birthdate on IMDb. You got throught to them, Jen. (Or somebody did.)

Yep, I did put in the info for IMDB.com to change Tom's b-day (and maybe others did too), but I'm actually surprised they did it that fast, or at all. I've tried changing/adding/deleting things for other performers, on 'n' off, over the years, and sometimes they just don't change things...; it took me 3 tries to change a performer's marital status, but then I'm thinking, the fact-checkers at IMDB.com do have to make sure everything is legit, so I guess that takes a while...

Jen

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.