The Punisher

Mike V

HBO might not be an option. Disney might want to engage in synergy and only have the Marvel series appearing on channels they own.

And in this case, what are the channels that Disney owns?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AdminGuyX

Disney owns ABC, a bunch of ESPN channels and they co-own HBO Europe, and about 20 companies that do cable based TV shows all over the world, so a Punisher show could land on HBO, FX, USA, A&E, Syfy, or even Fox via one of Disney's syndicated production companies, that basically operate on their own, they just happen to be owned by the mouse.

You'd be surprised how much Disney is into. Noeland makes a good point here. There are a lot of Marvel toons on several channels that are not owned by Disney. Nick even had Marvel toons at one point which would one would think would be a severe conflict of interest since Disney has it's own kids channels. In the end it's all about money. If the project is good someone will pay to air it and Disney will be happy to cash the check... and make toys ;)

• 2 months later...

I still think an HBO series with Jane in the role would be best. Am I against seeing Ray come back as Castle? No. I think that War Zone was most true to the comic book tone and story aside from a couple of parts and I think it was a fun action flick. Either way, it'd just be nice to know they can make another Castle flick.

-Raf

I still think an HBO series with Jane in the role would be best. Am I against seeing Ray come back as Castle? No. I think that War Zone was most true to the comic book tone and story aside from a couple of parts and I think it was a fun action flick. Either way, it'd just be nice to know they can make another Castle flick.

-Raf

The dude's already doing one HBO series for the foreseeable future right now, so that is doubtful at the moment. The only way I can see Jane coming back is in a movie. At this point I really don't care who plays the role, just that Marvel does something with the character. Hell, my new favorite pic for Castle in the case of a TV series is Clancy Brown.

I gotta disagree about the Punisher: War Zone assessment, Stevenson was good and it had good moments of action. But the movie was too broad and campy, and didn't match the tone of the MAX series, which is what everyone was saying it was based on.

I think it's feasible to do it on HBO with Jane because HBO is already familiar with Jane himself. Not to mention, HUNG only does 10 episodes a season... it doesn't keep him busy all year around. I'd also like to see him in a movie as well but I think with all the characters and great stories in the comics (namely the Ennis stories), you can do great with a show.

Either way, check this out guys: A little poll goin on online.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=31636

Looks like our man Jane is more popular amongst the two.

• 8 months later...

Obviously EVERYONE wants Jane back. I'm no different.

For a movie I'd love to see Jane back with Nicholas Winding Refn or Walter Hill directing.

Stevenson was fine but wasnt the Punisher to me.

I'd like to see Gerard Butler get a crack at it (he almost was Frank in Law Abiding Citizen) if Jane wasnt interested. Or Scott Adkins.(maybe too young.) This Raffi guy, well, I have faith. I'd shell out for it.

If we're going for an older Frank I'd go for Stephen Lang. I'd LOVE to see that Dude in a Punisher. (or even a real adaption of the Dark Knight. ) I met him in NY in Oct. and man, quietly badass.

As far as a TV show, I think it could work if it went the way of something like Burn Notice. Visually cool and a good narrative about the villians and the equipment and how to use it.

I'd rather it felt like The Wire or SOA, or a Justified but what I like about Burn Notice is the style, the way it's shot and presented, the way when things get rolling they go split screen and show all kinds of angles and goodies, and the narrative. The stories and dialogue are usually a pretty eh.

I'd hate to see a love interest or kooky sidekick though. Even Bruce Campbell. He'd have to have a supporting cast though right? His Armory/ IT guy/s. The Cop hunting him down. The Waitress at the diner that gives the cops misinformation and throws them off Frank's scent.

• 1 year later...