The Taking of Pelham 123 . .

Guest AdminGuyX

Guest AdminGuyX

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34580

I didn't know Tony Scott and Denzel were involved with this. That actually makes me look forward to the project, given that it has a certain visual style. I don't think the man on fire/domino style would work for this one. But then again, who am I to question one of the Scott brothers!

Anyway, how are we all feeling about a remake of this kick ass crime film?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34580

I didn't know Tony Scott and Denzel were involved with this. That actually makes me look forward to the project, given that it has a certain visual style. I don't think the man on fire/domino style would work for this one. But then again, who am I to question one of the Scott brothers!

Anyway, how are we all feeling about a remake of this kick ass crime film?

I like that Scott is doing it but I'm not a huge fan of Denzel, I think he's a bit overrated but that's just my opinion.

JO

This is one of my favorite Robert Shaw films. I have no quarrel with a remake being done, but to show a flipside on my anti-Brit/Aussie comment for Escape From New York's remake, I strongly believe a Brit or Aussie should lead this picture. I won't throw out names that could do what Shaw and Matthau did 33 years ago, but I hope they don't go with Denzel or any American guys for that matter. Russell would kick ass in this film. The guy steals American Gangster from Denzel. I saw it last month, and Denzel is clearly the lead character - but Russell just smokes him.

Russell Crowe is a bad motherfucker as New Jersey Detective Richie Roberts

russellcrowefr4.jpg

russellcrowe2od2.jpg

American Gangster opens next Friday, all of you MUST see it! And when you do, stay AFTER the credits.

-TL

Well Travolta haters, you're in for a kick in the nuts. Zucco himself will be leading the cast of Pelham. Let me clarify my stand on Travolta: I think he's a great actor - that SOMETIMES makes poor decisions with his roles (Battlefield shit, Be cool). The thing with Travolta is, he has ALOT of iconic roles. TJ has said great things about him in different interviews, and John praised TJ's performance as Frank Castle. For the record, I enjoyed him as Howard Saint. Travolta brought lots of people to see Punisher - including my mom. Its cool to see he didn't mind getting Punished in the film - he's not a bullshit diva actor. I like that he's capable of renventing himself completely. He has so many genres, the Military films are my favorite kinda Travolta flicks. Broken Arrow, The General's Daughter, The Thin Red Line (also with TJ), and the very best - BASIC. I'm a huge McTiernan fan and Travolta nailed that film. It truly made up for McTiernan's previous failure Rollerball. I CANNOT vouch for his involvement with Pelham. He might contribute, or simply take away. Hey, Wild Hogs is this year's 10th highest grossing film.

John Travolta is U.S. Army Colonel Thomas Hardy in BASIC

johntravoltaistomhardywp5.jpg

This poster attracted a large portion of The Punisher's earnings, in fact I don't think the film woulda made $33 million without it.

johntravoltaishowardsaihf3.jpg

-TL

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
JoBlo has debuted the new poster for director Tony Scott's The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, coming to theaters on June 12. The site also says that the first trailer will hit theaters this Friday with The International.

Denzel Washington stars as New York City subway dispatcher Walter Garber, whose ordinary day is thrown into chaos by an audacious crime: the hijacking of a subway train. John Travolta stars as Ryder, the criminal mastermind who, as leader of a highly-armed gang of four, threatens to execute the train's passengers unless a large ransom is paid within one hour. As the tension mounts beneath his feet, Garber employs his vast knowledge of the subway system in a battle to outwit Ryder and save the hostages. But there's one riddle Garber can't solve: even if the thieves get the money, how can they possibly escape?

pelhamposter.jpg

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52766

Columbia Pictures has launched the official website for director Tony Scott's new action-thriller, The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, starring Denzel Washington, John Travolta, John Turturro, Luis Guzman, Michael Rispoli and James Gandolfini. The site gives you a first look at the new trailer.

In the film, opening in theaters on June 12th, the Washington stars as New York City subway dispatcher Walter Garber, whose ordinary day is thrown into chaos by an audacious crime: the hijacking of a subway train. Travolta stars as Ryder, the criminal mastermind who, as leader of a highly-armed gang of four, threatens to execute the train's passengers unless a large ransom is paid within one hour. As the tension mounts beneath his feet, Garber employs his vast knowledge of the subway system in a battle to outwit Ryder and save the hostages. But there's one riddle Garber can't solve: even if the thieves get the money, how can they possibly escape?

You can watch the trailer here!

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52850

Guest AdminGuyX

I think the trailer looks OK. It feels like 3 or 4 different movies all cut together though. It's like someone decided to make a trailer out of Swordfish, Man on Fire, Die Hard 4, and Domino.

:)

I'm a sucker for anything either of the Scott Brothers do, so I'll see it.

• 1 month later...
MySpace has debuted the new trailer for director Tony Scott's The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3, starring Denzel Washington, John Travolta, John Turturro, Luis Guzman, Michael Rispoli and James Gandolfini. The Columbia Pictures action-thriller hits theaters on June 12.

In the film, Washington plays New York City subway dispatcher Walter Garber, whose ordinary day is thrown into chaos by an audacious crime: the hijacking of a subway train. Travolta stars as Ryder, the criminal mastermind who, as leader of a highly-armed gang of four, threatens to execute the train's passengers unless a large ransom is paid within one hour. As the tension mounts beneath his feet, Garber employs his vast knowledge of the subway system in a battle to outwit Ryder and save the hostages. But there's one riddle Garber can't solve: even if the thieves get the money, how can they possibly escape?

Watch the trailer using the player below or in High Definition QuickTime here!

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=54122