Upcoming Projects

Tim Bradstreet

First item is a coupla projects I want to shout about but have to keep certain details in the dark for now.

This is the kind of thread that could get me in trouble unless I'm careful ;)

So I mentioned a project with del Toro. NOPE! It's not a film project, though you never can tell when G will come a callin' fer that kinda stuff.

No, this project is much smaller. Guillermo recently brought me into a little promotional project in tandem with Legendary Pictures.

LEGENDARY does very cool promotions for upcoming projects at comicon every year and this year I'm involved in a series of Director signature T-shirts, namely the Guillermo del Toro shirt design.

What I love about working with Guillermo is that he gives you just enough direction to light the fire and then lets you loose to do what you do.

He inspires people's best work, even if it's just a silly T-Shirt design ;)

Though I wouldn't call my design/illustration silly by any means. My feeling is that the del Toro shirt will be right popular with the fans and consequently very collectable and hard to get.

Unless you are at comicon or know someone who's going. There may be a chance that Legendary can hook me up with a grip of shirts to spread to a few of our forum pals so keep your ear to the ground. I'll let you know right here if that's possible. I'll show the design as soon as I'm able. It's BADASS. It also has NOTHING to do with any project G has in development for Legendary.

These designs (they've done them for Spike Jonze, Zack Snyder, etc . . ) are more an amalgam of the individual creators.

As for the Rob Halford news . . . Halford, as some of you may know is one of my idols. The lead singer/main lyricist for the METAL band, Judas Priest has graciously allowed me to interview him for the upcoming issue of Royal Flush Magazine. In addition to the interview I'll be contributing several new illustrations featuring The Metal God himself.

If that wasn't cool enough, I've also hit it off real well with Rob and his management and we're discussing several projects including possible artwork for Rob's forthcoming HALFORD release.

The cherry on top is that Rob and I will be doing at least one signing together at San Diego Comicon to promote our new collaborative efforts.

Now for me folks, that's dream come true shit to the Nth degree.

More soon.

- TB

Lucky is beyond what I'd call you right now. Nice to see that your work is appreitiated enough that you get to work with folks in several arenas of entertainment. Even better that you get to work with folks you admire. Can't wait to see what you have in mind for the del Toro design. One of these days I'm going to have to make it to comicon.

As a side note, Cronos is getting a Criterion release. You should talk to G and see if you can't get a crack at a new cover. The old one is pretty blah.

Lucky is beyond what I'd call you right now. Nice to see that your work is appreitiated enough that you get to work with folks in several arenas of entertainment. Even better that you get to work with folks you admire. Can't wait to see what you have in mind for the del Toro design. One of these days I'm going to have to make it to comicon.

As a side note, Cronos is getting a Criterion release. You should talk to G and see if you can't get a crack at a new cover. The old one is pretty blah.

Oooh, that's a great idea, a Criterion cover for Cronos!

I'm firing an email NOW!

Thanks for the tip JWeb.

tb

As for the Rob Halford news . . . Halford, as some of you may know is one of my idols. The lead singer/main lyricist for the METAL band, Judas Priest has graciously allowed me to interview him for the upcoming issue of Royal Flush Magazine. In addition to the interview I'll be contributing several new illustrations featuring The Metal God himself.

If that wasn't cool enough, I've also hit it off real well with Rob and his management and we're discussing several projects including possible artwork for Rob's forthcoming HALFORD release.

The cherry on top is that Rob and I will be doing at least one signing together at San Diego Comicon to promote our new collaborative efforts.

More soon.

- TB

You are so lucky! Do you already know what you'll be asking Halford for the interview?

Yep, mostly.

It's not going to be the normal thing. It'll be like two artists talking about their passions and what inspires them, and other cool shit, naturally ;)

I'm going for something different. I want to skip the obvious questions that EVERYONE asks and get more personal, get inside the mind a bit.

This just in!

I've just taken on covers for a new 4-issue Iron Man series.

Oh, that's gonna be fun ;)

- tb

This just in!

- tb

Man, I can't wait. These are gonna be HISTORICAL COVERS!

I'm getting psyched ;)

Editor wants a series of montage style covers like movie posters, kinda like what I did on Scalped and what I've been doing on the last few Punisher one-shots.

I was like, "ABSOLUTELY".

I'll probably be making use of the movie armor where I can, unless it's too different from the current continuity.

Then I'm in for some serious Frankensteining, which'd be a pain, but a pain worth experiencing.

They definitely won't be traditional superhero comic covers ;)

Damned. Now Mr. Bradstreet is gonna cover my all time favorite Comic Character? That is great. Cannot wait.

Reminds me that I'm gonna have to finish cataloguing my comics for insurance purposes... :(

Legendary assures me that I will get at least 10-15 Del Toro Shirts.

If you are interested and cannot be at Comicon, please contact me and we'll set up the details.

Prolly be about $30.00 with shipping.

Can't blame anyone if they need to wait to see the design to know if they really want one . . .

I'll post that art as soon as I can - Worst case scenario, on the heels of Comicon in a few weeks.

The shirts will be black, printed front and back -

Design on front with the Legendary Logo and Del Toro sig on the back.

I'll add a note about this on the store thread as well.

They will go FAST.

- TB

Yep, mostly.

It's not going to be the normal thing. It'll be like two artists talking about their passions and what inspires them, and other cool shit, naturally ;)

I'm going for something different. I want to skip the obvious questions that EVERYONE asks and get more personal, get inside the mind a bit.

This just in!

- tb

I had a feeling you would do an original interview. You don't seem like the type to do a regular, boring Q & A. Especially, since he's one of your idols.

Iron Man? Can't wait to see what you do with that.

Anything I illustrate/design is available in print form. Usually 13"X19" Giclees.

Unfortunately the design as it is now is square in it's dimensions.

Legendary is not planning on doing posters but I may redesign the image if there is sufficient positive response to warrant a new dimensional format.

- tb

Bradstreet Iron Man makes my heart smile.

Likewise!

Tim, really great projects, so excited for you!!! And for us, too! ;)

All very cool stuff. I met Rob once when a band I was in played the Mason Jar in Phoenix. I've seen Priest I don't know how many times and here was the Metal God himself in this dingy little place. It was great to meet him though.

Nice, Esco ;)

This just in . . .

I checked with Guillermo and he broke the news that MIGNOLA has already done the sleeve art for Criterion's forthcoming CRONOS release!

I'f have eaten my own guts to do it but Mignola? How can you really get better than that?

Congrats to Mike!

I'm standing by waiting for a sneak peek ;)

- tb

Too bad you didn't get the job, but at least we get Mike. Criterion does a good job with packaging, but man did the original artwork suck.

We got nothing to worry about.

Mike just send me over a peek and it's FUCKING SWEET!

Now, if Guillermo will finish his part of the extras package they could release the fucking thing!

Mike did the artwork a YEAR ago ;)

- tb

Tim's on FIYA! Great to hear all these wonderful things are lining up for ya.

Can't wait to hear about the Halford interview. Any chance you could ask him about Freddie Mercury and Queen's influence on JP?

This just in . . .

I checked with Guillermo and he broke the news that MIGNOLA has already done the sleeve art for Criterion's forthcoming CRONOS release!

I'f have eaten my own guts to do it but Mignola? How can you really get better than that?

Congrats to Mike!

I'm standing by waiting for a sneak peek ;)

- tb

I was hoping you'd get to do it, but would you have really been able to fit doing that job into your already busy schedule?

We got nothing to worry about.

Mike just send me over a peek and it's FUCKING SWEET!

Now, if Guillermo will finish his part of the extras package they could release the fucking thing!

Mike did the artwork a YEAR ago ;)

- tb

Can't wait to see it. I did hear that one of the extras on the DVD will be a tour of Guillmero's Man Cave. I've seen a few picks, but I can't wait to see it. In one inverview he stated that he was having windows installed in his library that have a dark, rainy backdrop with lighting and thunder effects to help him focus when he writes. I want one!

Archived