I saw today that Dennis Hopper's cancer is getting the best of him: http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/...dex.html?hpt=T2

This has really put a damper on my day. I love the guy, it's just crazy, insane, and a great actor. He's fearless in everything he's done and that's why I love him. Though it sounds too late, I hope he pulls through.

This is so very sad! Are those little girls his daughters? That's a damn shame! I'm going through the same thing with my father having pancreatic cancer. My heart breaks for those little girls. Although Dennis looks bad now, miracles do happen. My father was stage 4 when we heard about it and it had spread to his liver and after months of treatment, he is on the rise and doing very well right now. I can only pray Dennis takes a turn for the better...if not for his fans but for his little angels.

I love Dennis Hopper. It saddens me to hear he's getting worse. I hope he hangs in there and pulls through.

• 2 months later...

It's very sad to find out that Dennis Hopper has passed away at 74. I know he'll be missed. Such a talented actor and great guy.

Here's an article:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org...y-rider-dies-ap

R. I. P. Dennis Hopper.

Very sad, indeed.

He was fabulous and freaky in Blue Velvet, and I absolutely loved him in Hoosiers.

The more I learned about him as an actor, filmmaker, artist and art lover, the more I embraced his renaissance nature and creative philosophy.

~ RIP Dennis Hopper ~

Sad to hear this, especially after hearing about how troubled his last days were. He was a great actor and he created one of my all-time favorite movie scenes with Christopher Walken in True Romance.

R.I.P.

I knew this was coming, but danm this really hits me. The guy was amazing, deffinatly one of my all time favorite actors. I can't even think of words to do his work justice. Tipping on back tonight for Mr. Hopper.

M-fan, that scene is probably one of the best paring of talents in a single scene ever. Those two just sparked fire in those few minutes.

I loved his work. Most people today don't give proper respect for his film EASY RIDER. Film buffs, yes, sure they do. But the average movie goer just views it as an old film that is dated.

It's a fucking great film, in it's day and today. I'll always love him just for giving me that piece of work.

Wha? No special thread for Gary 'Wha-ch-talkin'-'bout'Willis' Coleman?

The rule of three says they're waiting for one more celebrity in the after-life green room, though. Anyone got bets on who the third will be?

RIP Dennis & Gary.

I loved his work. Most people today don't give proper respect for his film EASY RIDER. Film buffs, yes, sure they do. But the average movie goer just views it as an old film that is dated.

It's a fucking great film, in it's day and today. I'll always love him just for giving me that piece of work.

Though it's sad when someone passes, I don't think you could place Gary and Dennis in the same catagory. No offence, but that's just me.

Wha? No special thread for Gary 'Wha-ch-talkin'-'bout'Willis' Coleman?

The rule of three says they're waiting for one more celebrity in the after-life green room, though. Anyone got bets on who the third will be?

RIP Dennis & Gary.

Agreed, I rediscovered Mr. Hopper during his 1986 acting tri-fecta, but I certainly didn't mean to omit Easy Rider - Dennis Hopper became a filmmaker before it was "cool" for leading men to do so. Guerrilla / auteur moviemaking at its finest.

And, no, not the same category, but life really didn't leave Gary much of a chance, now did it?

Unfortunately, instead of embracing Diff'rent Strokes, he railed against the very reason he endured in popular culture.

When asked about being stereotyped by his role in Psycho, Anthony Perkins once answered, who's to say that I would have endured without it?

I'll never forget that humility, and I only wished Gary could have come to terms with it and found a happier perspective ...

The gentleman Art Linkletter also quietly passed away this week.

Respectfully, I say RIP for all, Mr. Linkletter, Gary Coleman, and Mr. Hopper - as well as to those we are meant to remember on this Memorial Day weekend.

Peace -

Agreed, I rediscovered Mr. Hopper during his 1986 acting tri-fecta, but I certainly didn't mean to omit Easy Rider - Dennis Hopper became a filmmaker before it was "cool" for leading men to do so. Guerrilla / auteur moviemaking at its finest.

And, no, not the same category, but life really didn't leave Gary much of a chance, now did it?

Unfortunately, instead of embracing Diff'rent Strokes, he railed against the very reason he endured in popular culture.

When asked about being stereotyped by his role in Psycho, Anthony Perkins once answered, who's to say that I would have endured without it?

I'll never forget that humility, and I only wished Gary could have come to terms with it and found a happier perspective ...

The gentleman Art Linkletter also quietly passed away this week.

Respectfully, I say RIP for all, Mr. Linkletter, Gary Coleman, and Mr. Hopper - as well as to those we are meant to remember on this Memorial Day weekend.

Peace -

So very well said, thank you Jayesse8.

He was one of the greats.

Easy Rider is one of my favourite films of all times.