The Robert Rodriguez produced and writen Predators film is going to be out sometime this year. There's still a few days until the trailer hits, but early pics and this new footage seems to confirm that we have gotten past the mess that was AVP. I hope this ends up at good as it looks: http://www.predators-movie.com/

Yeah you know the footage doesn't look so bad. It might be decent. I wish there was a more muscular cast though. LIKE MEEEEEEEEE. Just kiddin. I'd love to be in a Predator film though! Who wouldn't?

Yeah you know the footage doesn't look so bad. It might be decent. I wish there was a more muscular cast though. LIKE MEEEEEEEEE. Just kiddin. I'd love to be in a Predator film though! Who wouldn't?

I was a bit shocked last year to hear Adrian Brody was going up against the Predator. Great actor, but you deffinatly have him upped on the pipes :D

shirtlesshughjackman.jpeg

I think it looks like it'll be pretty good. Plus you know it's got Walton Goggins in it, I'm seeing the movie more for him then any of the other actors.

I second that. Never understood the hate towards it. As sequels go its a lot better then most.

Amen, I really loved the movie, great characters and Danny Glover was just pure fun in the damned thing.

This is looking to be pretty good. I've been waiting for that damn trailer all day, took 'em long enough to put up. Never thought I would see the day Adrian Brody could look like he could go up against a Predator. I alway think of him in The Pianist.

Okay but, if they've been taken to another planet to be the prey, how can any human expect to survive? Is the sole survivor going to be "rewarded" with their freedom? Or is the flick just going to be the idea of seeing how many predators can be taken out before all the humans are dead? I don't see the point if that's it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Interesting photo. Makes me all nostalgic.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm796492544/tt1424381

By the way, anybody else see Splice? I absolutely hated it. I can NOT understand how it got any good reviews. I have less faith in Brody now, but I still think this might be good...please be good. PLEASE!!!

Thanks for the link. Some interesting stills there.

I'm guessing Splice was big on gory and creepy?

Thanks for the link. Some interesting stills there.

I'm guessing Splice was big on gory and creepy?

Not really gory, there's really only one scene that is delightfully bloody. But it does go to some creepy/weird places.

Splice was definintely creepy in some scenes. I don't want to say much more than that because I don't want to ruin it for anyone. I felt the movie went downhill in the last thirty minutes or so, but to each their own. It kind of reminded me of Species.

Splice was definintely creepy in some scenes. I don't want to say much more than that because I don't want to ruin it for anyone. I felt the movie went downhill in the last thirty minutes or so, but to each their own. It kind of reminded me of Species.

I have not seen Splice but, yeah, Species was the first thing I thought of when I saw the commercial for Splice.

Predators looks more promising to me.

Early reviews have been positive for the most part. I guess Fishburne's performace is is a bit lacking, but otherwise it's sounding good.

I like the fact that they dug up some of Stan Winston's original concept work to design the new clan of Predators.

Guest AdminGuyX

I've been seeing reviews that are all over the place, but I'm interested to see this one even if it is just a rehash of the first film.

I'm not expecting this to be better than even Predator 2 (which I think was OK, didn't hate it) as long as it is better than the AVP films (which won't be a difficult goal) and sets the franchise back up with some decent storytelling and adds to the mythos of the preds, I will very likely enjoy it. I guess I don't ask more from a flick like this than to be entertaining. It's not deep artistic meaningful stuff right? Monsters and guns.

:)

Interveiw with Robert Rodriguez: http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/node/45690

The best part (for all of us in a way) is when Robert talks about how Fox admits they've been ruining franchises by hiring young directors to push around, and that they went to him so he could tell them to back off. A studio realizing they are the problem and being pro-active? What's going on in Hollywood? ;)