Alice in Wonderland 3D

Saw it last night. Hugely disappointing. Visually stunning. Some fun performances. But the story was blah and it was really boring.

It will probably make a fortune because it's the new 3-D flick and it's for kids, but it doesn't deserve it.

And someone needs to reign in Johnny Depp. He looks like a serial killer in this. He's a phenomenal actor but he needs to stop being weird just to be weird.

Saw it last night. Hugely disappointing. Visually stunning. Some fun performances. But the story was blah and it was really boring.

It will probably make a fortune because it's the new 3-D flick and it's for kids, but it doesn't deserve it.

I figured that, Burton hasn't done anything good for a while. This video prettty much says it all about him these days.

Tim Burton's Secret Formula

And someone needs to reign in Johnny Depp. He looks like a serial killer in this. He's a phenomenal actor but he needs to stop being weird just to be weird.

When he kinda was a pedo in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, so that seems like the natural progression.

I just got back from seeing this. I took my 5 year old, and that was fun for the both of us. I couldn't really see taking any of my buddies to this, kind of like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but it was great to get out with the family. This was my wife and daughter's first experience with 3-D, so that was a bonus.

The film it's self was okay, nothing great, and if you're looking for classic Burton, sorry. His style did rub off, but that's about as far as it goes. Johnny Depp was underwhelming. I thought for a character like the Mad Hatter, he would have done more, but unfortunatly, it was played pretty low key. His look is the most outragous part of the character.

Overall, if you're taking the family or a date, and just want a fun movie, I recomend it. But if you want to see a Tim Burton/Johnny Depp film, this is more in line with Charlie than it is Edward.

I saw Alice in Wonderland yesterday. I loved it. I thought the characters looked great. Especially, Depp. Depp was a perfect fit for the Mad Hatter character. And, I loved his look and voice. In all the adaptations of Alice in Wonderland, Depp's Mad Hatter looks the most unique and original; I read that the look was his idea.

I enjoyed Crispin Glover, as well. He's another actor known for choosing weird roles, and it suits him. I loved all of the voice actors that were chosen. Especially, Alan Rickman and Stephen Fry.

This movie feels like a Tim Burton movie. Who else would take a story like Alice in Wonderland and surround the characters in a dark and grim atmosphere so brilliantly?

Both the real characters and CG characters blended well in the scenes together. With most movies that feature live-action and animated characters, the CG characters become too distracting, but that isn't the case here.

Not surprisingly, I loved the music. Though, there has never been a score I didn't like by Danny Elfman.

Alice in Wonderland did well at the Box Office this past weekend.

Here's an article:

http://www.altfg.com/blog/hollywood/alice-...d-breaking-765/

I recommend this movie.