The First Avenger: Captain America

relias33

Alright so we do have a Captain America board but it was pertaining to Nathan Fillion playing the Cap. I decided to make a separate Captain America board. I thought there was one that I made or someone else made but I couldn't find it.

I actually read that they narrowed it down to 3 men: Jensen Ackles, Chad Michael Murray, and Ryan McPartlin.... I preferred Jensen Ackles from the VERRRY beginning if Nathan Fillion couldn't do the role. Fillion was too old and I also always thought that Neal McDonough would have been great but he also is too old.

Then there was a rumor that Chris Pine had been approached. Not a bad choice either I guess.

I heard that by March first they would officially release who has been cast. Now there are rumors that Steve Rogers has already been cast... check it out.

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=15105

I don't watch One Tree Hill so I don't know this dude.

-Raffi

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They obviously want to cast young and relatively unknown, I really can't say who I'd like to see as Cap. I also think the age thing shouldn't matter, I think that could add to what the super soldier serum can do; take some past their prime and make them 10x as strong as when they were in their 20s.

From Joblo:

Deadline claims they've gotten their hands on the shortlist for the lead in CAPTAIN AMERICA, and that many of these wish list picks have actually been tested within the past day or so. The common thread through the group seems to be the studio wants to go relatively young and relatively unknown. Observe:

Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights)

Mike Vogel (Cloverfield)

Michael Cassidy (Privileged)

Patrick Flueger (Brothers)

Garret Hedlund (Tron Legacy)

Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl)

John Krasinski (The Office)

Outside of Crawford and Krasinski, most of these faces are pretty unknown to the general movie-going public, and it seems the studio wants an extremely fresh face for the Captain, which would explain why former rumored picks like Chris Pine, Matt Damon and Jeremy Renner are nowhere to be found.

Most of these guys could look the part I suppose (though all will need another 30 lbs of muscle), but John Krasinski seems pretty out of place here. Don’t get me wrong, I love him, and he's quite handsome and hilarious and all that, but making Jim Halpert as Captain America? I can’t see audiences making that transition very easily.

If the Captain really is in here somewhere, my vote would be for Scott Porter, who has always impressed me on Friday Night Lights. What about you guys?

UPDATE: Cinematical recieved a tip that Krasinski is almost a sure thing at this point and the other tests were just a formality. If this is true, I honestly can't tell if this will be the best or worst casting decision in supehero history.

Extra Tidbit: Sorry Jensen Ackles brigade, looks like they went to every TV show BUT Supernatural.

ACKLES DAMNIT!

I keep reading that people want Thomas Jane to be Captain America. Too bad he's not young enough or unknown.

John Krasinski as Captain America? Doesn't sound right. I love him on The Office, but I've never seen the guy act different from his character Jim. Unless this film is a documentary that features Captain America making funny expressions at the camera, Krasinski is a bad choice.

From the list, I don't know who it should be.

At first I thought most of these guys where just to young and baby faced. I always pictured Rogers as in his late 20s when he joined the war effort via super-soldier formula, maybe even early 30s. Nope, he was just a kid, in fine arts school, putting him somewhere between 18 and 22. So if they stay relatively true to the original concept he would have to be a young'un. But I'm not crazy about most of the list.

• 4 weeks later...

2 things, and my opinion of course:

1.) Jensen Ackles should have been Captain America

2.) I don't like how Evans was Johnny Storm and is now the Cap..... One or the other. The way I look at it is, these characters cross in the Marvel world. It's played by the same guy. Had Evans been only Cap and never the Human Torch, then I would think that this would be dandy. I know the Fantastic Four franchise is a DUD at this point but this is just the way I look at it

Never saw Chris as Cap, but I think it could work out. He was good in Sunshine, and as for the FF films, he was the only person worth watching. I wasn't a big fan of the films, but I thought his Johnny Storm was pretty good. I just hope they build up the film so we can get Winter Solider later down the line. I wish Marvel would do more with him.

2 things, and my opinion of course:

1.) Jensen Ackles should have been Captain America

2.) I don't like how Evans was Johnny Storm and is now the Cap..... One or the other. The way I look at it is, these characters cross in the Marvel world. It's played by the same guy. Had Evans been only Cap and never the Human Torch, then I would think that this would be dandy. I know the Fantastic Four franchise is a DUD at this point but this is just the way I look at it

Regarding #2, the Fantastic Four aren't a part of this Marvel film universe. Fox still owns the rights and they are rebooting the series, which means they aren't going to be crossing over any time soon.

Never saw Chris as Cap, but I think it could work out. He was good in Sunshine, and as for the FF films, he was the only person worth watching. I wasn't a big fan of the films, but I thought his Johnny Storm was pretty good. I just hope they build up the film so we can get Winter Solider later down the line. I wish Marvel would do more with him.

Evans and Chiklis were the two best hings about the movies, though I gotta say the approach in regards to tone was pretty spot on in my view, the execution wasn't all there.

Fantastic Four aren't a part of this Marvel film universe. Fox still owns the rights and they are rebooting the series, which means they aren't going to be crossing over any time soon.

Which is why I am more accepting of this. Along the same reasons why I am accepting of Stevenson being Volstagg in Thor.

I'll say Chris Evans is a good choice, but I won't say he's a great choice just yet. I'll have to see him in action as Captain America first.

I've only seen Evans in the Fantastic Four movies. And although I liked him in those, he doesn't come to my mind when I'm thinking of Captain America. But who knows? I underestimated another Chris once before--Chris Pine as James T. Kirk. And I was wrong about him.

Great choice. I might not have thought so if I hadn't seen him in Sunshine.

Word! - He was great in Sunshine- and I enjoyed him as Johnny Storm and in Cellular.

I actually voted for him in some online poll, then read the casting news today.

Yay - Me likey!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Some pics surfaced online of Evan's as the Cap. Check it out:

http://comicbookmovie.com/captain_america/pictures/

He's bulking up nicely and garnering that Super Soldier form!

-Raffi