Bad Planet Vol. I COLOR Trade Edition

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOON!

But YOU have one coming GRATIS.

The least we owe you for the SDCC mistake.

I'll have my comps tonight so if any of you want to get one signed by me and Daly then contact me.

I may also have a few with some other signatures already in place.

I'll update later tonight.

- TB

That's awesome, Tim. It's completely unnecessary, but I really want one, so I won't argue, lol! :P

rpace, that is freakin' awesome!!! LOVE it!!

I want a book so badly!!! Though, I don't know how I'll be able to actually get my hands on one. Problem with having only smaller comic book stores in my area is I ask for Bad Planet and get a quizzical look in return. (These places have no idea what they're missing.)

At least, I can still dream about owning it and pray I come in contact with a book someday. That would be nice.

Thanks for the kind comments, guys - if it were for print I'd fix all the off model and badly drawn bits!

indieflick chick -- I did a quick scan through the archived Diamond Previews order forms and could only track down the Bad Planet B&W Hardcover order number (JUN10 1095), but Ctrl-f didn't turn up any Raw Studios or Bad Planet entries in previous or subsequent order forms. If anyone has a copy of the Previews catalog with the solicitation for the collection should be able to provide an order number (I already recycled mine).

Otherwise Raw Studios' Diamond contact should be able to give them an order number. Once you get a Diamond order number for the book ANY store with a Diamond Distribution account can order it for you regardless whether they know anything about the book or not.

I did a quick skim back through this thread and didn't see an order number either -- the earlier linked youtube video actually has the catalog page but not the order number.

Hope this helps!

~Richard

Thanks for the kind comments, guys - if it were for print I'd fix all the off model and badly drawn bits!

indieflick chick -- I did a quick scan through the archived Diamond Previews order forms and could only track down the Bad Planet B&W Hardcover order number (JUN10 1095), but Ctrl-f didn't turn up any Raw Studios or Bad Planet entries in previous or subsequent order forms. If anyone has a copy of the Previews catalog with the solicitation for the collection should be able to provide an order number (I already recycled mine).

Otherwise Raw Studios' Diamond contact should be able to give them an order number. Once you get a Diamond order number for the book ANY store with a Diamond Distribution account can order it for you regardless whether they know anything about the book or not.

I did a quick skim back through this thread and didn't see an order number either -- the earlier linked youtube video actually has the catalog page but not the order number.

Hope this helps!

~Richard

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely give that a try. It never hurts to ask.

SOON!

But YOU have one coming GRATIS.

The least we owe you for the SDCC mistake.

I'll have my comps tonight so if any of you want to get one signed by me and Daly then contact me.

I may also have a few with some other signatures already in place.

I'll update later tonight.

- TB

I'd love one of those signed copies as well Tim! :)

Do you not want to order online? I know some places can be a hassel (and I also don't see it popping up on amazon) but www.tfaw.com has it available. You also get a bit of a discoount, so with shipping, it should even out.

I always try to use ordering online as a last resort. I've been scammed twice on pretty much trying to get the same gift for someone. So ever since those incidents, I've been nervous about ordering online. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I can't help it. It's made me become a more cautious person.

I used to order things online all of the time. (Probably more than I should've) But now, I try to avoid it as much as possible. That gets pretty hard, since a lot of the items I want don't get released in my area.

I did check that site you recommended. It is a good price. But I would prefer buying from Amazon. (I don't know why it isn't on there)

Thanks for caring about my Bad Planet needs. :)

I did check that site you recommended. It is a good price. But I would prefer buying from Amazon. (I don't know why it isn't on there)

If it helps any, I've ordered from TFAW at least a dozen times over the past couple of years, and not once had a problem with 'em.

xNLx recomened the site to me a while back. Dark Horse Comics uses it as it's online store, so if that makes you feel any safer using it. Also, Steve Niles posts all his books for sale to their links.

I totally get where you're coming from. I've been burned in the past too.

If it helps any, I've ordered from TFAW at least a dozen times over the past couple of years, and not once had a problem with 'em.

I agree, I order a ton of stuff from them. They have a great selection of anime and manga related items. LOVE TFAW, they've never done me wrong.

Indieflickchica - You can also order directly through me. Just send me a message with your shipping address.

We'll work out method of payment, I do Paypal and personal check/or money orders.

$30.00 shipped and signed.

There's an option for you ;)

- TB

Indieflickchica - You can also order directly through me. Just send me a message with your shipping address.

We'll work out method of payment, I do Paypal and personal check/or money orders.

- TB

Damn!

That's service!

~R

To All Who Gave Me Advice--I appreciate all of your concern for my trying to get a hold of Bad Planet. Really means a lot to me, guys.

- TB

Wow!!! There's no way I'll get a better option than that. DEAL, Bradstreet!!! :D

I'll send you my info, Tim.

Let me know if anyone else wants in. Just message me with your mailing address, send some dough and I send you a BADASS book signed by me and Daly ;)

JWeb, this means you.

I know you probably already sent me the info but it's been chaotic here.

If you could send it in a message once more I'll get ya taken care of.

And Mediumfan, I want to send you yours so please send me a message or email me with your new mailing address.

- TB

• 3 weeks later...

Daly finally made it over to sign books on Monday. WaHOOOOO!

I sent everything out yesterday.

Been having issues with my messenger which I have to figure out so apologies for the mass notification.

Swamped!

xo - TB

Daly finally made it over to sign books on Monday. WaHOOOOO!

I sent everything out yesterday.

Been having issues with my messenger which I have to figure out so apologies for the mass notification.

Swamped!

xo - TB

Not a problem at all. Got mine today. Thanks, Bradstreet! Really appreciate it! Even better than I imagined. :D

Thought I should add that the 3D glasses I bought through eBay have made rereading book better. Not to slag the pair in the book, but I got me a pretty big head!

Tim, you still coming to Toronto this weekend?

Got mine today. The only gripe I had was with the post office. I live in a town of 400. We have a wall of large boxes for packages, all with windows, all empty but one. Of course most of those boxes are large enough to a box of work boots in, but they put my book in a box half the size of the book, rolled it up to make it fit. I had to open it then and there. The office workers were just looking at me like "what?". Luckily, no damage. I just looked back and asked "Seriously? All these empty boxes and you put it in this one?" All I got was "I guess we could have put it in bigger box, huh?" Arggg!

On to the book. It looks great. Tim, any worries you had about going over $20 on a cover price, not needed. I've paid more for trades and have gotten a lot less. This book is packed. I still prefer the B&W look over all, but if you want content, this is the one.

Also, seeing the bust of the Convict only furthers my desire that you would pitch McFarlane on doing action figures.

Got mine yesterday, Tim and it's freakin' awesome. Thanks a million!! If it's even possible, it looks even better than the original, (but it's a toss-up with the b&w). The pages and the colors are glorious. And the extras are off the chain!! LOVE it!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally read, and I thought it was genuinely fun read, can't wait for vol. 2. You did miss quite a few naughty words in the censorship department.

Also for the fuck of it, here's this doodle I did a while back. Cross posted from the 'Show Your Wares' thread.

TheConvict.jpg

• 2 years later...

Can't believe I had not found Bad Planet sooner, it's probably the best thing my eyes have seen for a long time, it fucking awesome. Don't get me wrong I love my super heroes or more preferable my super villains, but Bad Planet is something else. It's got a gripping story line you would expect from a best selling novel and the art is just amazing, a really dark and intense vibe. Cant wait for volume 2, I sat and read the first one with no pauses.

Recently bought volume 1 at Comic Con London and got it signed by Tim and Thomas, thanks for that guys.

DSC03902_zps9fa7ec6d.jpg

DSC03903_zps8c36bcf4.jpg