Are You LOST?

Rosella

My first thought after watching this episode was - Considering all the evil in the world already, I think that cork is leaking.

I mostly wonder why Richard left Isabella's cross buried all those years, and then chose to dig it up now that Jacob is dead.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mostly wonder why Richard left Isabella's cross buried all those years, and then chose to dig it up now that Jacob is dead.

When Richard buried her cross, he was in effect laying Isabella to rest. Maybe Richard chooses to dig the cross up after Jacob is dead, because he believes he'll get to return it to her through the Man in Black. That's my guess.

Guest AdminGuyX

I don't think either of them is the devil. Personally, I think the producers are having a little fun with Supernatural fans. The fellow who plays Jacob on LOST plays the devil on Supernatural, and the fellow who plays the original man in black plays WAR, one of the four horseman, on Supernatural. Which is funny since he's trying to wage war on the island.

I'm just surprised the cross necklace looked so good after 100+ years under 4 or 5 inches of dirt. That is some quality Canary Islands craftsmanship!

About the only thing that grabbed me about this last episode is Hurley revealing that if Smocke leaves the island, it's basically unleashing hell on earth. I mean, you could take that last statement alone other ways, but I think with the "cork" analogy, and Hurley's statement, we're starting to get down to the nitty gritty. Finally.

Yeah, I laughed when Richard asked if Jacob was the Devil, and he paused and thought about before saying no. They do seem to be taking some ques from the Lucifer story; being of great power, had an apparently crazy parent, betrayed and cast out of his home into a prison. But I doubt' it'll end up being MiB is the Devil.

Also, check out this Saul Bass inspired Lost opening credits.

The episode "The Package" focused on Sun and Jin. I enjoyed it, because it had all of the main characters.

Spoiler Alert!!!

"Locke" goes to get Sun in order to bring her back to Jin, but Sun runs. I'm glad there's another person who doesn't trust "Locke." She gets hit on the head and is now unable to speak English. She can still understand it, though.

Sayid doesn't feel anything. So that's why he's been acting so weird.

In Flash-Sideways, Sun and Jin don't want her father to know that they're together. I'm tired of seeing Martin Keamy (actor Kevin Durand). That had better have been the last time we see his face. We got to find out how Jin got to be tied up, then found by Sayid. At least that was explained.

Back on the island, "Locke's" people get attacked, and Jin gets captured. Charles Widmore lets Jin see his daughter for the first time and then tells him that they need to prevent the Man in Black from leaving. I still don't know if Widmore can be trusted 100%. When "Locke" sees Widmore, he claims that War just came to the island. Widmore lies to "Locke," saying that they don't have Jin. That was actually smart. "Locke" walking away from Widmore was different. Why would they just let him go? Aren't they after him?

Jack promised Sun that he will make sure there's a reunion between her and Jin. Sawyer had made the similar promise to Jin. I hope it really happens.

Since when did Jack become a spokesperson for the island? Now, he's telling Sun that coming to the island was their destiny. Um, didn't he only just recently hop on board that bandwagon? Before he visited the lighthouse, he never believed that he served a purpose for the island. Since Jack believes he was selected for a reason, maybe he should be the candidate to take over the island. Or maybe no one will take over the island. What if all of the candidates get on the plane and leave the Man in Black behind. You can't kill him, right?

In Flash-Sideways, we had the pleasure to see another familiar face. What are the chances that the translator would be Mikhail Bakunin (actor Andrew Divoff), the creepy guy with the eye patch? It's kind of sad that we see him get his eye poked out; I guess he was always meant to wear an eye patch.

When Widmore said that the package was not a what but a who, I had a strange feeling who it would be. And I was right. Desmond, baby! He's finally back! Ever since he disappeared from the plane, I began wondering about his importance. The fact that he was a secret package really intrigues me. But thanks to "Locke's" hate of not knowing, he sent Sayid to find out. So, Sayid knows Desmond's here. But, like the rest of us, doesn't know why.

In the previews for the next episode, we hear Widmore say that there needs to be a sacrifice. Who could that be? Could it be Desmond? The next episode claims that a path is found. What path? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I know this has nothing to do with what happened on Lost, but I need to mention something that bothered me about last night's show. I don't know if anyone on here is a fan of V, but I really hated seeing that V with a countdown in the bottom right corner of the entire show. I tried to ignore it for most of the show, but I found it distracting. I'm sorry to offend any V fans, but does the show really deserve a countdown during Lost!? Again, I know it's irrelevant, but it really bothered me.

The episode "The Package" focused on Sun and Jin. I enjoyed it, because it had all of the main characters.

Spoiler Alert!!!

<snip>

In Flash-Sideways, Sun and Jin don't want her father to know that they're together. I'm tired of seeing Martin Keamy (actor Kevin Durand). That had better have been the last time we see his face. We got to find out how Jin got to be tied up, then found by Sayid. At least that was explained.

<snip>

I didn't understand this part. i thought Jin and Sun were married, so why the idea that they are sneaking around behind her father's back? Did I miss something?

And yes, that stupid red V was annoying.

I didn't understand this part. i thought Jin and Sun were married, so why the idea that they are sneaking around behind her father's back? Did I miss something?

And yes, that stupid red V was annoying.

In Flash-Sideways, what we've seen before really doesn't matter. Each character almost becomes a different person.

Thanks for agreeing with my V rant. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was annoyed.

Guest AdminGuyX

I've read a few articles online this morning about people lodging complaints with ABC over the V clock, particularly when Sun was writing notes to Jack. I don't think they will do that again. :)

I'll tell you who I'm sick of. Fake Locke. I just really hate the character and the way he's the star of the show right now. I love Terry O'Quinn as an actor, have since he did Stepfather many years ago. But this character of smokey taking Locke's form is really starting to grate on my nerves. Just kill him, stop him, put a cork in him. Whatever.

The episode "Happily Ever After," better known as "The Episode That Freaked My Freak," is now another one of my favorites. I just love Desmond so much.

Spoiler Alert!!!

Okay, so Charlie Widmore didn't kill Desmond. At least not yet. I was wrong about that, and sure glad I was. Desmond is going to be used as a way to help Widmore, instead. I don't know what his plan is exactly. All I know is that Desmond is special. He proved that to us by getting in that box and surving that electric, magnetic contraption.

Then, we got to watch the longest Flash-Sideways. In this world, Desmond works for Widmore and loves that he does. I became giddy when I had seen Jeremy Davies name in the credits. At first, I thougtht that he would be a "credit-only." Then Widmore mentioned his son being a muscision. That's when I knew we would finally have the pleasure of seeing Daniel Faraday. Only now he's Daniel Widmore. Weird.

First, Desmond must pick up Charlie. Charlie wants to show Desmond love. How? By plummetting the car into the water, causing both of them to almost drown. Under the water came such a strange, all too familiar moment. Charlie awakes under water and presses his palm to the window, revealing a message "Not Penny's Boat." This is what had happend when Charlie had died before. But there's a problem. Desmond doesn't even know Penny!!!

He sees her face while he's getting an MRI. (I love when the MRI Tech told him to "Push the button.") Now, he wants to find Penny. Desmond shows up to tell Eloise Widmore that Charlie won't be attending. She acts strange around him the instant he begins the conversation. Though, she is surprisingly nice to him. But when Desmond hears Penny's name uttered and requests to see a list, Eloise becomes extremely upset.

No worries. Daniel goes to Desmond. Daniel talks about his vision of a woman, Charlotte, and how he wrote down a physics equation. Even though he's a musician. Daniel realizes he had to have set off a bomb in another life. Another life! Daniel knows they've had other experiences.

Desmond goes to find Penny. She feels that they've met. When Desmond passes out in front of Penny, he wakes up on the island.

On the island, Desmond now feels he does have a responsibility. Too bad Sayid takes him away for something else. Will Desmond still want to help Widmore?

Back in Sideways Land, Desmond tells the driver, George Minkowski (actor Fisher Stevens) who had arrived on the island via Widmore's boat, he needs to see the manifest from his flight. He wants to show the passengers something--that Island Life happend before Sideways Life?

It seems that when Juliet said "It worked," what they did had reset their lives. Doesn't mean they wouldn't remember all of it deep down.

Daniel knows. Desmond knows. They all need to know.

The episode "Everybody Loves Hugo" had some nice moments

Spoiler Alert!!!

In Flash-Sideways, Hurley lives a nice life as a philanthropist. I loved how he was introduced by Dr. Pierre Chang. Hurley's only problem is that his mother said he needs to meet a woman. Hurley goes along on the blind date, but ends up reuniting with Libby, the love of his island life. And she remembers him from another life. But she gets shipped back to the mental institution before she can fully explain.

Hurley bumps into Desmond, which only seems like a coincidence. Desmond helps Hurley realize that he believes in what Libby had said even though everyone labels her as crazy.

Hurley not only pays a visit to Libby in the mental instituitiion, but also finally gets to have the picnic they were always meant to have together on the island. A kiss helps Hurley remember Libby and believe she's not crazy.

Back on the island, Hurley sees Michael and tries to stop Richard from wanting to blow up the plane. Nothing will stop Richard from blowing up the plane. Not even Illana's blowing up. I didn't think Illana was going to die; I thought she was going to be Ben's love interest.

But Jack believes in Hurley. Jack follows Hurley to meet up with the Man in Black. Hurley doesn't know what he'll say to him; he just knows that this is something he needs to do.

Meanwhile, "Locke" leads Desmond to a well and throws him down there.

In Flash-Sideways, Desmond has a conversation with Ben then hits Locke with his car. What was the purpose? To help Locke remember his other life. And by his expression, it looked like he did.

On the island, Jack and "Locke" come face to face. Jack looks worried. Why? Does he think he can't beat this man?

The previews for the next episode had a narration of lines from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I guess that means that Lost is about to get even Wilder.

The episode "The Last Recruit" featured scenes I've been waiting to see.

Spoiler Alert!!!

In the Flash-Sideways, we got to see most of the main characters intertwine, and I loved how it was done. Sawyer with Kate. Jack with Ilana and Claire. Claire and Desmond. Sun and Locke. Sayid and Sawyer. Jack and Locke, which was the best reunion of all.

Sawyer arrested Kate and gets to flirt with her. Seeing Sawyer made me wonder which love of his would flash before his eyes? Kate or Juliet?

Desmond sure acted creepy when he was "helping" Claire. I know he did it intentionally. I just can't believe Claire was willing to go along with him. Good that she did. She was expected for a reading of her father's will. Jack's father as well. Jack finds out that Claire is is sister, but he can't stay for the will. He's needed at the hospital.

When Sun saw Locke in the hospital, she said that it was him. Who is she referring to? Locke? Or the Man in Black? She was freaking out, so my gut tells me it's the Man in Black. Which would be weird, because I'm not sure if Sun remembers the island life.

Sayid tried to get away. He fooled Miles, but couldn't get passed Sawyer.

Jack recognized Locke on the operating table, but from where? The airport? The airplane? The island?

Back on the island, Jack got to see "Locke." Jack finds out that the Man in Black has taken many forms on the island, including the one of Jack's father. The Man in Black helped him find the water back then and claims he's always helped them. Now, he's going to help himself.

Sayid was instructed by "Locke" to kill Desmond, but I don't think he really did. No way would Desmond's life come to an end at the bottom of a well.

Sawyer has a plan of escape. And Jack almost goes along. But then he swims away. Jack now believes that they were meant to stay on the island and protect it. Jack doesn't believe that the island is done with them. "Locke" finds Jack, and he becomes a recruit of his.

Sun and Jin finally reunite. After seeing Jin, Sun gets her voice back. I hope these two are able to stick together.

Widmore's people attempt to kill "Locke" but fail.

A war will take place, and I bet there will be plenty of bloodshed in the next episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

The episode "The Candidate" contained some tragic moments. It was very emotional.

Spoiler Alert!!!

In Flash-Sideways, Jack offers to fix Locke; Locke refuses the help. Jack wants to know about Locke's accident (I thought it was going to be the throwing out of the window incident.) and ends up visiting Bernard. He just happens to be the dentist who performed oral surgery for Locke. What are the chances? Through Bernard, Jack is given the name Anthony Cooper, Locke's father. Cooper is no longer the man we remember as Locke's kidney thief. He is now a sad cripple, staying in a home. How did he end up like this? Turns out that Locke was involved in and caused a plane crash. He was taking a lesson with his father. Locke now lives with the guilt of what he put his father through, and that's why he doesn't want to be fixed. Will Jack leave well enough alone? Doubt it. We all know about Jack's desire to rescue people.

Back on the island, "Locke" finds a bomb on the plane, the very plane that was suppose to take them home, and then decides to exit the island with the sub. Sawyer doesn't trust him, and Jack pushes "Locke" in the water. This is all part of a plan to leave "Locke" behind. But it's actually "Locke's" plan. He needed to get them all together in a confined space--the sub. Widmore's people shoot Kate, but she safely makes it onto the sub. Safely? Not for long. Since "Locke's" plan involves C4 explosives. "Locke" had cleverly planted the explosives in Jack's backpack. On the sub, Jack locates the explosives and tries to calm people down. At this point, Jack believes that "Locke" never killed them, because he can't kill them. Sawyer doesn't want to just sit and do nothing. So, what does he do? He pulls a wire, which speeds up the timer. Not really Sawyer's best move.

Sayid tells Jack about Desmond, then runs to the other side of the sub with the bomb and blows up. Even though Sayid wasn't the same person we grew to love, I didn't expect to see him die. At least, he died a hero. Sayid no longer felt feelings, but he still wanted to save his friends.

The sub quickly fills with water. Hurley swims Kate out. Jack saves Sawyer's life. But Sun is trapped. She pleads with Jin to leave her, but he promises to never leave her, again. Together, Jin and Sun drown. How poetic it is for these two to have lived alone and have died together. When they finally reunited, I thought they'd have a happy ending. Ironically, they have one of the most tragic fates.

And we never saw Frank Lapidus make it out, so I guess he was another loss. And I really liked him, too.

To Claire who was left behind, "Locke" says he must finish what he started, which appears to be offing all of the candidates. But can "Locke" be stopped? Bullets won't stop him, and he has no trouble snapping necks. (My jaw dropped when I saw him pull off that move.) Is he really invincible?

I can't wait to see the next episode, because I've been waiting to see the Jacob/Man in Black story all season. I hope it gives us more answers than questions, but then again, the show is called LOST.

I think Frank made it.

Also, I gotta say they I feel Sayid was just wasted this season.

I hope Lapidus is still alive, but I don't know how that would be possible.

As for Sayid, you're right. I wish his character would've had better moments. He stopped being great after his resurrection.

I'm so happy that a half hour was added to the series finale. LOST really deserves all the time it can get.

I think Lapidus is still alive because of how he would have died, they've never given a character such a flippant death befire.

Excellent point. And I haven't seen any mention of his death, so maybe Lapidus still lives on.......................For now.

I don't know if anyone on here reads Entertainment Weekly, but if you do and you love LOST, you need to get the new LOST issue. The issue features a complete guide to the show. It is a must have for every fan! There are ten covers to collect, including Jack, Sawyer, Kate, Sayid, Hurley, Jin, Sun, Claire, Locke, and Ben.

I've not seen the last episode (14?) in it's entirety yet and I'm reticent yet to read too much of this thread perhaps until the season is over.

I'm in my own mind speculating . . . This season isn't bad, I like where some of the character arcs are going but I'm scratching my head a little too.

I've never missed an episode during 6 seasons which means my attention has not wandered with quality of show fallout. The series has stayed mostly strong.

Some oddball shit this season to be sure. And how many the fuck timelines and parallel dimensions/possibilities do we have to swallow?

OK, I'm not complaining really, just maybe need to re-watch this thing in a ridiculously big marathon, maybe then it will have more cohesive flow over the last few seasons.

My feeling is that because the first few seasons played out soooo slowly, this built a nice momentum, but the way things have shifted over the last season things are being sewn up like much too quickly.

Some of the mysteries seem to get explained away so easily or conveniently. It doesn't play as well for me because at the beginning they could lead us around by the nose and pretty much do practically anything, the sky was the limit and you never knew just what the fuck was going to happen. I guess what I'm saying is that part of that charm is missing now that they are playing the series for the end-game. Don't get me wrong, I love the show. Just don't want this thing to get too convenient for convenient's sake. And some mysteries are better left mysteries.

Anyone know how many episodes total there will be this season?

Or maybe a better question . . . How many do we have left?

- TB

We got about three left, that is if you count the finale as one as oppose to two then it's four. Also worth noting the finale is now going to be two and a half hours long.

I gotta say the thing that disappointed me the most this season was seeing Sawyer sort of regress back to how he was in the earlier seasons, they did away with some great character growth.

OK, I'm not complaining really, just maybe need to re-watch this thing in a ridiculously big marathon, maybe then it will have more cohesive flow over the last few seasons.

My feeling is that because the first few seasons played out soooo slowly, this built a nice momentum, but the way things have shifted over the last season things are being sewn up like much too quickly.

Some of the mysteries seem to get explained away so easily or conveniently. It doesn't play as well for me because at the beginning they could lead us around by the nose and pretty much do practically anything, the sky was the limit and you never knew just what the fuck was going to happen. I guess what I'm saying is that part of that charm is missing now that they are playing the series for the end-game. Don't get me wrong, I love the show. Just don't want this thing to get too convenient for convenient's sake. And some mysteries are better left mysteries.

- TB

When Season 6 started, I started re-watching the other seasons. Currently, I'm at the beginning of re-watching Season 5. It really is amazing how Season 6 matches well along with the other seasons. Weird, in a way.

Plot points are now speeding up. I do agree with that. Remember how it took forever to get into the hatch? Or to meet the Others. Now, it's like we need to go find the Man in Black. There he is! Found him! Now, we need to go confront Widmore. Did that! The pacing has sped up a lot. But I do enjoy it, though. You can't say that the show drags anything out. So much stuff happend in the last one.

I read that the finale will be emotional and will leave room for interpretation. And I also found out that network execs are considering possible extensions of LOST, including books, graphic novels, and movies.

The episode “Across the Sea” gave us the back story of Jacob and Man in Black.

Spoiler Alert!!!

Jacob and Man in Black are brothers! Yes! I had predicted that correctly. I had a feeling. I’m just glad that info is finally confirmed.

Of course, they are twin brothers. And their mother is Claudia. She gives birth to Jacob, then has another one. I don’t think she knew that she was expecting twins. I believe she only obtained the second child through the island, making the Man in Black the child of the island. She had only picked out the one name. I was hoping the Man in Black’s real name would be revealed. I guess not. But Claudia is killed by Island Woman. She wants to raise the children herself. Crazy lady!

I love how Jacob and the Man in Black get along as children. They would play a game, which the Man in Black made up the rules. Jacob is told that he can make up his own game someday. (His game later on involves “Candidates.”)

What is the heart of the island? The reason these three people are there? A light. The warmest, brightest light needs to be protected or else. Or else what? Chaos.

Where have we seen this light before? It’s now covered and guided with a wheel. A wheel that the Man in Black cleverly built. The same wheel Ben turned to move the island, and Locke turned to set things right in time.

The Man in Black as a child is able to see his real dead mother. Jacob can’t. Why? He isn’t special. The Man in Black is. Jacob isn’t the chosen one; he’s the next best thing. The Man in Black runs away to join the other men on the island, people who Island Woman says are evil. Yeah. But, she’s the evil one. She ends up wiping them out by burning down their village. So, the Man in Black kills her.

The Man in Black isn’t evil. Jacob was always the violent one. As kids, he beat up the Man in Black. As adults, he tossed the Man in Black into the light, turning him into the Smoke Monster. Jacob made him evil.

And what does Jacob do with the Man in Black’s body? He lays it beside Island Woman’s body, and they become the Adam and Eve of the island.

Both Jacob and the Man in Black had emotional scenes. It was different seeing Jacob as a vulnerable man who doesn’t want to leave the island. I felt sorry for him. But, on the other hand, I also feel sorry for the Man in Black. He lost his mother, his people, and his brother, Jacob. I really hope this isn't the last we see of either one.

I really love this episode. I hope the series ends with more moments like it.

Eh, I thought it was just OK (though plenty of other people seem to absolutely detest it). It was basically an hour of exposition.

I'm sorry that you aren't that crazy about it. The episode is what I had mostly expected. I still wish the Man in Black was given a name.

I wonder why so many people detest it.

Guest AdminGuyX

I can only tell you why I detested the episode. :) Mostly the dialogue. It was cringe inducing for me. Writing Jacob to be a whining momma's boy who isn't interested in the truth, or other people, or girls. And overall, the episode held nothing challenging or engaging for me. I was hoping this would be the end all be all of LOST episodes. I didn't really need to have big reveals. I just wanted a compelling story.

It was also because the show is better than this. I just kept feeling like they really had no idea how to write around the concept they had for what the island is, or how smokey was "made" if that's even what we saw, if they really have any idea. I was almost wondering if they knew the core idea was so weak they hated it themselves. And I also feel, pretty strongly, that season 6 should have been written in an opposite fashion of seasons past. To a degree.

The visuals were also, in my mind, some of the weakest ever presented in the series run. The gold glowing cave tunnel was laughably bad. It almost played like a parody of LOST.

There is another part of me that is still kind of irked that smokey has become the lead character on the show. The 6th season is all about him, yet we have no idea what his name is, if he has one, or what he is really all about. I think that was a terrible mistake.

At this point I'm hoping the remainder of the series holds more than sappy death scenes and cryptic nonsense. :)