The final season of Lost will be starting on Feb. 2nd. I have been trying to figure out how the show will end, but my ideas keep becoming impossible. Especially, due to what happend in last season's finale.

Is anyone on here a fan of Lost?

Please share your own Lost theories. Or just discuss which characters you like on the show.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final season of Lost will be starting on Feb. 2nd. I have been trying to figure out how the show will end, but my ideas keep becoming impossible. Especially, due to what happend in last season's finale.

Is anyone on here a fan of Lost?

Please share your own Lost theories. Or just discuss which characters you like on the show.

I have yet to see even ONE episode of Lost! :lol: It's funny too, my favorite morning radio show DJ's host parties for this show...they absolutely love it and make such a huge deal about it that it's really funny how avid they are about this show... Man, I need to catch up with the times huh?

I have yet to see even ONE episode of Lost! :lol: It's funny too, my favorite morning radio show DJ's host parties for this show...they absolutely love it and make such a huge deal about it that it's really funny how avid they are about this show... Man, I need to catch up with the times huh?

There are many people who really love this show and take it very seriously. I find the show very interesting, and really hope that the series finale will answer all of my questions and leave me satisfied. But I too think it's amusing that one of your radio show DJ's host parties for it. :D

All I'm saying is they better not fuck the ending up.

I agree. As long as it doesn't suddenly fade to black, I'll be good.

Guest AdminGuyX

The 2 hour pilot, in my mind, is still some of the most captivating and riveting storytelling I have ever seen. On TV or in cinema. The story just grabs a hold of you and doesn't let go. I find myself rewatching the pilot from time to time just to savor that first shot of the plane on the beach as Jack runs out of the jungle. One of the coolest "reveals" ever, especially the way they manipulated the sounds of the jet with the motion of the camera swinging around.

The first season as a whole was incredibly well done IMHO. I was among the throngs of people who got very into the show and enjoyed chatting about theories and ideas of what the island might be, all that.

Then, about half way through the second season I got really angry that they were not resolving the cliffhanger of the first season. It ruined a lot of episodes for me because I did not care about what any one else was going through, what about WALT? HELLO?

Since the third season though I've been really enjoying the show again, and I thought last season was pretty great. Very interesting and captivating and they really found a way to meld "island mythology" with the character development of the core castaways. Which frankly I wondered about.

I can't wait for this new season, but it's also bitter sweet. This is one of a handful of shows I really look forward to seeing.

I loved the fifth season's finale. I'm glad we finally got to see Jacob.

I always watched Lost on DVD, but I'm going to actually watch the show as it's on TV for its final season. I can't risk finding out the ending before the DVD release.

I thought that the season premiere was great. Very good way to start. I'm hooked. I got some of my questions answered, but now I have even more questions thanks to the second part.

Guest AdminGuyX

Yeah, I enjoyed the premiere as well, but as usual for me the others just come off as poorly written and kind of silly. I'm wondering how they are going to play out the dual time lines in a fashion that allows the ON ISLAND mysteries to be dealt with. They have a lot to do in the 15 hours of the series left to go.

Avoiding reading cause I haven't seen the premiere for this season.

Huge fan, never missed an episode, sorry this is the last season but REALLY looking forward to it.

- TB

Might I recommend Hulu for those of you who missed the last three episodes?

I like what's happening with the show so far. The Temple Master is such an interesting character; I'm very interested in learning more about him.

Spoiler Alert!!!

I've never really cried for Sawyer before, but the scene where he has the ring he planned to propose to Juliet with and throws it in the water was very emotional.

I didn't enjoy seeing Ethan once again. That guy has always given me the creeps ever since we first saw him. I didn't trust him before I found out he was an Other.

I'm re-watching the first season at the same time I'm watching the final season. It's really interesting how the episodes of the final season have mirrored the first season's episodes in order.

Locke. Locke. Locke. Locke was sure all over that one. But I'm not complaining. He's one of the most interesting characters. Plus, it makes up for not having him in the last one.

Spoiler Alert!!!

I thought it was very sad to watch Locke resume being a handicapped. It makes him look so vulnerable. You can't help but feel sorry for him.

The names on the cave? That was cool. I still don't get the numbers. Was that their number on a list that Jacob made?

It was also interesting to see the island from the smoke monster's perspective.

Ben as a school teacher working at the same school as Locke? That's perfect! I wish I had Ben as a history teacher.

If the rest of the show was to just be "Locke", Ben, and Sawyer, I'd be very satisfied.

I gotta say that I am loving how this season is going so far. I still don't know how it's going to all end.

Spoiler Alert!!!

When I found out that the episode was called "The Lighthouse", I kind of figured we'd see a lighthouse in the show. But I had no idea that The Lighthouse would feature mirrors that allowed Jacob to spy on his potential candidates. If he's been spying on all of these people, how could that make him a good guy? I don't think he is. I don't think the Man in Black, "Locke", is the evil one. I think Jacob is evil, but tries to seem like he's doing the right thing.

I like the new Claire, even if we can't trust her. I knew her friend would be "Locke." But does she know that it's really not Locke?

The Temple Master in the "Sideways" world? Talking to Jack? That was pretty great.

If you noticed when Hurley and Miles were playing Tic-Tac-Toe, they had a tie. I don't know if this is true, but when I use to play that game and there would be a tie, Jack would be claimed the winner. Was that foreshadowing something, or am I disecting this show way too much?

Guest AdminGuyX

The "Temple Master" is named Dogen, by the way.

I really enjoyed this last episode, though the stuff with Claire being the new Rousseau didn't work for me. I liked the creepy skull in the crib though. That was cool.

Well, the "Locke dressed monster" as he's being called, did throw out the white stone from the cave, not the black one, and he did say that Jacob is trying to protect the island. But I don't think it matters ultimately if he's good or evil. I don't think he can evaluate "candidates" too well if he can't observe them in some fashion. I didn't get the feeling that Jacob invented the lighthouse either. Maybe, but it's some kind of function of the island that's going to be part of a larger canvas I think when the big reveal happens as to what the island actually is.

Personally, I think it's all going to be a big game of some kind. Jacob and the other guy are playing Chess with real people, something along those lines.

The "Temple Master" is named Dogen, by the way.

I really enjoyed this last episode, though the stuff with Claire being the new Rousseau didn't work for me. I liked the creepy skull in the crib though. That was cool.

Well, the "Locke dressed monster" as he's being called, did throw out the white stone from the cave, not the black one, and he did say that Jacob is trying to protect the island. But I don't think it matters ultimately if he's good or evil. I don't think he can evaluate "candidates" too well if he can't observe them in some fashion. I didn't get the feeling that Jacob invented the lighthouse either. Maybe, but it's some kind of function of the island that's going to be part of a larger canvas I think when the big reveal happens as to what the island actually is.

Personally, I think it's all going to be a big game of some kind. Jacob and the other guy are playing Chess with real people, something along those lines.

The main focus for this season is who is good and who is evil. I'm just not sure if we're suppose to associate black with evil and white with good. That's why I think by having him named Man in Black, we just believe he's the evil one. I don't think it's that easy. It never is with Lost.

I remember the white stone being thrown from the cave; at the point I still believed Jacob is good. Now, I'm not so sure.

I don't know who built the lighthouse with those mirrors. And I guess it's okay for him to observe people in order to decide who his potential candidates will be. It's not that that makes me think he's evil; it just doesn't make him good. I just don't trust the guy.

Who knows? Maybe the whole point of this season is to show that every man can be both good and evil, and it's not necessarily just one or the other.

What is the island? That's such a great question. In the "Sideways" world, where is Jacob? The island has obviously sank. Does he even exist?

I'm also curious to know why Richard doesn't age. I hope they don't just not answer that. Cause there will be unanswered questions.

A chess game? I don't doubt that. But I was thinking it's more of a game of Backgammon. Remember when Locke introduced the game to Walt in the first season? I found out that was a foreshadow. He had a white piece and a black piece.

I don't the Man in Black is saying he's gonna tell people the truth and not lie, if you think about it so would the Devil.

Good point. But Locke told lies before the Man in Black became him. People lie, but does that suggest evil?

"The Sundown" gave us more questions and answers.

Spoiler Alert!!!

Sayid killed Temple Master Dogen and Lennon. But does anyone on Lost really die anymore? Plus, he killed them in the healing water. Would that make a difference? Sayid apparently wants to follow the lead of "Locke" for the time being. I hope it's not a bad decision.

Kate finally found Claire. Too bad Claire is now "infected" and is no longer a trustful person.

In the "Sideways" world, we got to see Martin Keamy (actor Kevin Durand) get killed, again. He kind of deserved it both times.

And we saw that "Locke", aka "Smoke Monster", kept his word and killed the people who chose not to follow him. So, he's a man of his word to some degree.

"Dr. Linus" is so far my favorite episode of the season. Simple reason. Ben is my favorite character, and I had been waiting to see more of his story during the flash-sideways plot.

Spoiler Alert!!!

I think out of all of the characters, Ben seems to be the most opposite in the flash-sideways world. He's a great teacher and chooses to help a student, Alex, with her future, rather than better his own career.

I knew Ben would reunite with Locke in the "Sideways" world, but I didn't even think he'd be in the company of Leslie Arzt, the teacher who blew up towards the end of the first season.

Locke says he'll follow Ben in the "Sideways" world, but Ben doesn't follow "Locke"/"Smoke Monster."

That scene where Ben says no one will have him was a very emotional side of Ben. I loved it.

Scenes before that, we had to watch Ben dig his own grave. I knew Ben wouldn't die in this episode; it'd would have been too soon. And I doubt fans want to see Ben get shot by Ilana. I think fans want a Ben/Locke showdown. I know I do.

When we were first introduced to Ben, I couldn't stand him. He was obnoxious and knew too much. I didn't start liking him until either the third or fourth season. It was the fifth season that made me love him. Now, I find myself wanting him to win.

Here's a great clip of Ben/Michael Emerson from Jimmy Kimmel:

http://www.pbpulse.com/tv/lost/2010/03/10/...cret-on-kimmel/

Guest AdminGuyX
And we saw that "Locke", aka "Smoke Monster", kept his word and killed the people who chose not to follow him. So, he's a man of his word to some degree.

Well, being a man of your word usually involves integrity and doing something despite being put out by it or paying a cost for it, because you promised someone you would. It's not usually about mass murder. BUT, this is lost, and in the show everything is backwards and sideways. ;)

While I don't mind seeing the others basically written off the show, the writers just gave themselves a huge OUT where explaining the others purpose, lifestyle, and time on the island is concerned. I have to admit, that pissed me off a little. I wasn't real surprised though. I was also rubbed a little at how easily some of them joined ranks with the creature that killed so many of them. It was just weak writing, and a bit of a let down.

"Dr. Linus" is so far my favorite episode of the season.

Me too. I thought it was easily the best episode of the season so far. Lets hear it for Mario Van Peebles!!

That scene where Ben says no one will have him was a very emotional side of Ben. I loved it.

It was a surprisingly emotional episode all around. Michael Emerson showed a lot of range as an actor, and he continues to elevate the character way above what is written. It was oddly satisfying to see him and his father have such a good relationship. I have to admit, I'm rooting for Ben to be a good guy on the island as well, despite the fact that he killed Locke, who was my favorite character, and he killed Jacob, who was (as far as we know) the LIFE of the island.

One of the more interesting plot details dropped is that (according to Richard) all Jacob has to do is touch someone and it gives them the gift of eternal life with no aging. What does that mean for all the main characters he's touched?

I also really enjoyed the scene between Richard and Jack, and seeing Jack motivated and working as a good guy and a leader again. I thought the character was mostly wasted last season. I am hoping, personally, that he does take up Jacob's mantle to become the new protector of the island. I highly doubt that's where the show is going though.

Me too. I thought it was easily the best episode of the season so far. Lets hear it for Mario Van Peebles!!

I had no idea Peebles was going to direct an episode. When I saw his name at the beginning, I thought that was very interesting.

Michael Emerson showed a lot of range as an actor, and he continues to elevate the character way above what is written. It was oddly satisfying to see him and his father have such a good relationship. I have to admit, I'm rooting for Ben to be a good guy on the island as well, despite the fact that he killed Locke, who was my favorite character, and he killed Jacob, who was (as far as we know) the LIFE of the island.

I guess that's why Emerson is one of the few actors who gets Emmy nominations.

You think that's a good father/son relationship? I thought it was sad to watch, if not a little depressing. It's nice that Ben is taking care of his father. I just don't think his father appreciates him enough.

Ben kills people. That's what he does. I didn't like watching him kill Locke. And even though we still get to see original Locke in Flash-Sideways moments, I wish Locke could've made it to the end on the island. Didn't Jacob touch Locke? I can't remember if he did or not. Ben killed Jacob, because it was Jacob that made him have to witness his daughter Alex die. I'm not saying that makes Ben good. I don't think of Ben as good. Right now, he's acting good. But I believe he regrets killing Locke.

I also really enjoyed the scene between Richard and Jack, and seeing Jack motivated and working as a good guy and a leader again. I thought the character was mostly wasted last season. I am hoping, personally, that he does take up Jacob's mantle to become the new protector of the island. I highly doubt that's where the show is going though.

Yes, it's nice to see Jack take on role as leader, once again. I missed that, too.

It would be weird and ironic to have Jack take over Jacob's position. Considering, Jack always wanted off the island and never understood the island's purpose. He always doubted its importance. I don't really want Jack to take over. I want Ben. But right now, that doesn't seem like it'll be happening.

"Recon" was an episode about Sawyer. It didn't really answer questions as much as it gave us more to ask.

Spoiler Alert!!!

In this Flash-Sideways, we find out that Sawyer is a cop. So the very man who has for the past five seasons been known as the "Confidence Man"is actually now on the right side of the law. And his partner is Miles? Never predicted that one.

In "Sideways," Sawyer is partners with Miles and his new "love interest" is Charlotte. Where's Daniel Faraday? Does he not even know these two people anymore?

Okay, Sawyer is a cop. I can accept that. But having him watch an episode of Little House on the Prairie and then visit a girl with a flower no longer makes him feel like Sawyer. He's now just regular James Ford.

Why is Sawyer associated with Anthony Cooper?

Back on the island, Sawyer is going to help Jin find Sun. I know this may be over thinking/ over analyzing, but I couldn't help think of Sun when Sawyer had that sunflower in the Flash-Sideways. I hope that the fact that Sawyer left the Sunflower behind isn't some sort of foreshadow that Sun will have to be left behind.

Claire is crazy. Sayid is weird. Claire lunges at Kate, and Sayid just lets it happen. "Locke"/"Smoke Monster" had to both slap Claire and later console Kate. I'm glad not everyone is feeling too comfortable around "Locke."

When "Locke" was talking to Kate about having a mother, I couldn't help but think that Jacob is his brother. I never thought of that before. I can't even remember if there have been other hints that the two are related. But just hearing a mother being mentioned made me get that feeling that the two are more than just enemies. Plus, who's "Locke's" mother? Will we get to see her, too? Maybe we already have.

Charles Widmore is in his sub, and he's visiting the island. Does he trust Sawyer? Why does he want to kill "Locke"? Is it because he wants the island that bad?

Who is Sawyer really going to help? Widmore, the man who had sent people to kill them. Or "Locke", the "Smoke Monster" who has also killed many people. Both men promise a ticket off the island. Will either one really come through?

Sawyer told Kate they're going to take that sub, and I can't wait to see that happen.

However, the next episode is going to focus on Richard. Finally! He's one of the most mysterious men on the island, and I've been waiting for his story ever since he visited the real Locke as a child and looked the same as he always does.

I believe Richard's episode will be very important. I just hope at least some questions get answered.

The thing that bothers me is Sawyer has been promised that he will get off the island. But there's a difference between getting OFF the island and actually getting somewhere ELSE.

If, as Juliet said, it worked; then where could Sawyer actually GO?

Guest AdminGuyX

Well, they don't have any idea that there is an alternate time line happening now, and we don't really know if that means they exist twice in that time line now. We can't really be sure where or when the island is right now. They don't know what Juliet meant by "It worked".

What really bothered me about the episode was . . . did Sawyer really have sex with the lady in the beginning? Last I heard, that was not really how police officers execute a sting to capture a criminal. Even if she is hot. :)

I didn't care for the dynamic with Sayer and Miles as cops, it was a little needy and weird.

I momentarily felt bad for Sayid when Kate asked him if he was OK. Overall, I really don't like what they've done with Sayid the last couple of seasons.

Why is Sawyer associated with Anthony Cooper?

Anthony Cooper is the man who conned his folks. You know, Locke's father? The guy who was magically transported to the island and killed by Sawyer.

When "Locke" was talking to Kate about having a mother, I couldn't help but think that Jacob is his brother.

I have an odd feeling that Locke is "death" and Jacob is "life" and their mother is going to be "nature".

Michael Emerson has stated in an interview that the 3rd to last episode doesn't have any of the shows stars in it, so I would wager that will be about Jacob and smokey and their Mommy.

I didn't care for the dynamic with Sayer and Miles as cops, it was a little needy and weird.

A better partner for Sawyer would've been Ana Lucia.

I momentarily felt bad for Sayid when Kate asked him if he was OK. Overall, I really don't like what they've done with Sayid the last couple of seasons.

I agree. Sayid deserves better than that.

Anthony Cooper is the man who conned his folks. You know, Locke's father? The guy who was magically transported to the island and killed by Sawyer.

I know Anthony Cooper is Locke's awful father who took Locke's kidney. And I remember Sawyer killed him. I just don't know who he is to Sawyer in Flash-Sideways. Is Sawyer aware the kind of person Anthony Cooper is. Would he still want him dead? Or would he just arrest him like a good cop?

I have an odd feeling that Locke is "death" and Jacob is "life" and their mother is going to be "nature".

Sounds about right.

The episode "Ab Aeterno" gave us a look at Richard Alpert's life. I now can say I understand Richard.

Spoiler Alert!!!

To tell the story of Richard, we had to go back to 1867. All Richard wanted to do was get medicine for his sick wife Isabella. But he ends up killing a man in the process. By the time he gets back to Isabella, she's dead. And now Richard has to go to prison for murder. But since he's been learning English, his neck is worth saving from being hung. Richard takes a trip on the The Black Rock. Richard's a prisoner, so he's changed up for the duration of this journey. A storm leads the ship to the island. Just at the moment Richard is about to be killed, the Smoke Monster shows up and kills all of the other men. When Richard is face to face with the Smoke Monster, he doesn't die. The Smoke Monster leaves him.

Not too long after that, Isabella shows up in The Black Rock and she starts talking as if she and Richard are both dead. They hear the Smoke Monster, and Isabella, for some stupid reason, runs out and gets killed by the Smoke Monster. But how does one die if one is already dead?

That was all the longest flashback of Lost yet. Back on the island in a more recent time, Richard tells everyone that they're all dead and in hell; he says that he's done being on Jacob's side. He walks off; he's going to go find the Man in Black.

Back in the flashback, Richard talks to the Man in Black who tells Richard that he must kill the devil in order to be with Isabella. The Man in Black tells Richard that he must stab him without letting him speak. This is what Temple Master Dogen had said to Sayid about killing "Locke." But Richard does as he's told and tries to kill who thinks to be the devil; it's Jacob.

Jacob explains what he does to Richard. Even mentions how it was he who brought The Black Rock to the island. Jacob gives Richard a job; Richard will become a representative for him. In return Jacob touches Richard and gives him what he asked for--to never die. This is why Richard doesn't age or why he couldn't kill himself.

The way Jacob explained keeping the Man in Black on the island with the bottle made me understand a little bit more. And when the Man in Black breaks the bottle at the end, he's showing that he really wants off the island and believes his escape will happen.

Back on the island, Richard calls out for Man in Black but instead gets Hurley. It's through Hurley that Richard gets to speak to Isabella again.

Back in 1867, the Man in Black gave Richard a cross necklace that belonged to Isabella. Richard buried it. Back on the island, Richard uncovers it and puts it on. Hurley tells Richard that they can't let the Man in Black escape, because by releasing him, they'll all go to hell.

I'm satisfied with Richard's story. But there's still so much I want to know. Who's the devil? Charles Widmore? It can't be the Man in Black; he was holding the cross necklace. I don't think it's Jacob. Maybe the Man in Black was only mentioning a devil in order to convince to Richard that they're in hell. During Jacob and the Man in Black's discussion, Jacob said that he can't let him off the island. The Man in Black declared he'd kill Jacob and anyone of the candidates who take over Jacob's place. Man in Black is evil.

What brought Jacob and the Man in Black to the island? Which candidate will take Jacob's place? Are the numbers the order that each candidate follows?

I can't wait to see where this all goes.