Coming up for air

Tim Bradstreet

Friends, members, nut-jobs, and hooligans . . .

Hope everyone had a fine holiday season.

I myself have been operating beneath the radar and have been enjoying being off the grid for a while.

But I have missed you all truly, sometimes you just need a break from the world wide web, I'm sure you all can identify.

Well nothing lasts forever (except the legend of Steve McQueen) so I've finally come up for air and it's real nice to be back in the land of RAW.

We have some amazing things in store for this current year so I hope you'll stick around to get the latest poop on our projects and goings on.

We all have busy lives and it's easy to become distracted with the REAL WORLD insanity but we hope you'll stick around with us and be a part of something we think is very special.

YOU are our community and we appreciate your continued presence here on the message boards.

This is a place I consider to be fairly unique, a place where you can shoot the bull with other folks of like minds, even folks you might normally not associate with but Christ Potatoes people! We all have some things in common and it's nice to connect whether or not we agree on everything or no. Another special thing about this place is that you have the opportunity to communicate with both Tom and I and share your thoughts. How often do you get the opportunity to yap with a golden globe nominee? We have a ton of cool shit in the pipeline and we can't wait to share it with you, from the comics end we have a new volume of BAD PLANET in the works for release this year . . . . Written by comics legend BRUCE JONES in association with Tom and I. We'll be announcing our new artist very soon. A whole new slew of legendary creators will be on hand to provide covers (and a couple of returning legends as well). We also have good news on The Devil's Commandos front, but even more fresh than that . . . We have another film in the pipeline called Sweetwater and things are going very well for this project. Learn more in the dedicated thread in the comics and film section. Dudes and dudettes, that's just scratching the surface.

Stick around and we'll keep you informed the likes of which you'll get nowhere else.

We're going to have convention dates to announce where Tom and I will both be present, come out and see us if we're in your neighborhood and don't forget to introduce yourselves!

First up will be the Emerald City Con in Seattle coming up very soon in March. We'll be screening some fun stuff so make sure you pay attention, this could be your only opportunity to see Dark Country in 3D!!

And let us not forget Give 'Em Hell Malone which hits the shelves everywhere January 8th on Blue Ray!! What a great ride that is. You gotta check it out. If you haven't yet, please read the history of this project unfolding before your very eyes in the Malone thread.

2009 was a fine year professionally but a very hard year personally for many reasons. The economy for one is largely to blame. We also lost many loved ones, whether they were talented strangers we worshipped from afar or people we actually new and loved. In many ways it's all one. The list is too long to get into but I'd like to take a moment to remember some of my favorites, Patrick Magoohan (The Prisoner), David Carradine, Patrick Swayze, James Whitmore, Karl Malden, Maurice Jarre (composer, Lawrence Of Arabia, Dr. Zhivago), Natasha Richardson, Ron Silver, Dominick "Dom" DeLuise, Walter Cronkite, Bob May (voice of the Robot on Lost In Space), Les Paul, Henry Gibson, and Val Avery (classic character actor), among a host of others. I was also depressed to learn that another favorite character actor of mine passed away last August unbeknownst to me - John Quade - He was best known for his role as Cholla, the leader of the motorcycle gang "The Black Widows" in the 1978 hit film Every Which Way But Loose and the 1980 sequel Any Which Way You Can with Clint Eastwood. We'll certainly miss these amazing people who touched our lives.

It also goes without saying that I will miss my brother in-law Stevhan, the face of my Hellblazer covers who was a brother and a friend. He was killed in a traffic accident last May 20.

We miss him greatly.

But enough with what we cannot change. Let us instead ford the future together. I'm ready for a wholloping 2010!

Soon I'll also be announcing a new project that I'm doing which I'm extremely excited about.

Stay tuned folks, we got a lotta more.

xo - Tim

Thought I haven't seen you on here for awhile. Hope you had a great holiday.

Looking forward to Bad Planet 2... looking even more forward to the inevitable B&W Hardcover. This time, if theres a fan art contest for the trade, I will not miss it.

Really looking forward to all the new projects, and I'm gonna try and make it out to one of the cons this year.

Hi Tim,

Thank you so much for your post-holiday statement. I share many of the sentiments and greatly appreciate your gusto for the new year! I wish more people were so positive and visionary.

All the best to you and your family, and to all of our RAW compatriots,

Happy New Year 2010!

- Joanna

Archived