Repo Men

johnpweber

• 9 months later...

Has anyone else seen this? I saw it when it came out in cinemas and again on DVD recently. I really liked it I have to say, in spite of it having some pretty dodgy reviews. It’s a lot of fun and it reminded me a little bit of early Paul Verhoeven. Law & Whitaker have great chemistry together and I was surprised to see how well they handled themselves in the action scenes. It’s a real shame the film died at the box office, it deserved a wider audience.

People seem to have a big problem with the film because of the twist at the end, and while I can see why, I loved it even more because of that. It’s up to you to decide if it’s a happy ending or not.

That seems to be the biggest complaint with the film. Even people who like it think the ending sucks. Without going into spoilers I liked it because a happily ever after ending would have been wrong for the film, but it finds a way to give it to you regardless. I can see why some people hate that but I thought it was a really interesting way to end it.

Archived