San Diego Comic-Con 2010

Hey everyone. I thought we may as well get this topic going sooner or later. This is going to be my first time going to Comic-Con and I had some questions.

I was lucky enough to be one of the few who got a ticket in time to attend the preview night so I was curious what that is all about.

As far as autographs go, I know that they have scheduled ones and as far as those ones go I was wondering if you would have time to take a picture with the individual or if you were rushed along too fast to do so.

I know RAW has a booth there but how often are the likes of Steve, Tim, and Tom going to be around? (Tim or Tom, if you could give some input on this topic that would be much appreciated as well) Do you have time to talk with, take pictures, get autographs from the people that are hanging around at their booths?

I'm sure there is a huge schedule of events as we get closer to July but I appreciate any input I can get from people on this board who have previously attended the event. Being from North Dakota (holds for laughter) we don't really get opportunities to go to conventions like tis. I just want to make it the best experience that I can.

Also, for most events how early would you say you would want to be in line, on average? I don't want to miss much either.

Thanks a lot to anyone who can help. Topics like this are why I love coming to this board.

Andy

Tom and Tim are usually at the booth quite a lot and are quite generous with their time, particularly with courteous fans. It's a great opportunity to pick up some RAW swag, get autographs, and personal photos. They will have events scheduled and business meetings to attend, but except when needing a break they are primarily in the booth.

Mike

Hey Mike, Thanks a lot for the info. That's great to hear. One of my all time favorite actors and my favorite artist are definitely a couple of people I would like to meet while at the show. If anyone else has more input from their experiences, keep it coming.

Andy

• 4 months later...
Hey everyone. I thought we may as well get this topic going sooner or later. This is going to be my first time going to Comic-Con and I had some questions.

I was lucky enough to be one of the few who got a ticket in time to attend the preview night so I was curious what that is all about.

As far as autographs go, I know that they have scheduled ones and as far as those ones go I was wondering if you would have time to take a picture with the individual or if you were rushed along too fast to do so.

I know RAW has a booth there but how often are the likes of Steve, Tim, and Tom going to be around? (Tim or Tom, if you could give some input on this topic that would be much appreciated as well) Do you have time to talk with, take pictures, get autographs from the people that are hanging around at their booths?

I'm sure there is a huge schedule of events as we get closer to July but I appreciate any input I can get from people on this board who have previously attended the event. Being from North Dakota (holds for laughter) we don't really get opportunities to go to conventions like tis. I just want to make it the best experience that I can.

Also, for most events how early would you say you would want to be in line, on average? I don't want to miss much either.

Thanks a lot to anyone who can help. Topics like this are why I love coming to this board.

Andy

Nice!

I haven't been since 1994.....which kinda shows my age...I do remember Tim selling prints there...think this was the same yr that Kevin Smith was showing Mall Rats and Fisher was selling tshirt tell Marvel what to do.

I'll be there promoting the title I've been working on with Pat Lee Productions the last four months. Great looking book. Plus, it'll be nice to catch up with everyone that I haven't seen in so long.

Cheers

TDZ

Tim, are you and Thomas going to be at the SDCC all four days this year, or will there be specific days when you'll be there? I'm thinking of (or rather hoping) that I might finally be able to make it this year. IF I do, it would be great to meet you guys.

We are going to kick some ASS at the show this year.

Welcome to the boards, TDZUREL!

- TB

Thanks Tim.

I'll have to stop by your booth.

Longtime fan of your work....and have used your technique in my inking and airbrushing as well....more so with the airbrushing at first...then late last year jumping on a title and using what I learned while airbrushing in my inking. I think it takes a special someone to really love throwing ink on a page day in and day out...including the nights. lol To me for some reason I tell people that ask why ink....why not just pencil or do both...I tell then it's calming to me for some strange reason. I can do booth...but enjoy inking more.

Anyway...I'll have to post some work I'm doing for prints this convention season here...or course facebook too.

And thanks for clearing up the mix-up on the forum.....nice place here.

Cheers

TDZ

• 3 months later...

I was thinking, there maybe a chance that all three Punsihers are going to be at Comic Con this year. Dolph has The Expendables, Ray has Thor, both of which I'm pretty sure have something going on there. Whether they are attending is the big question. It would be a hell of a thing to see though.

That'd be something great to see. Let them all get a picture together. And then they would all brawl. Dolph would win that fight though. He's the most qualified bad ass

• 3 weeks later...

Tim or Thomas, do you have your booth number and location information yet? A friend of mine is going to the Con this year, and I told him about your comics and asked him to stop by and say hello for me.

This sounds really cool!! Wish I could be there!

6:30-7:30 Thomas Jane and Tim Bradstreet's RAW Entertainment— Join the crew from RAW Entertainment as they discuss their exciting slate of current and upcoming projects in comics and film. Moderated by Thomas Jane (Hung, The Punisher), and Tim Bradstreet (The Punisher), panelists include Bernie Wrightson (Frankenstein), Bruce Jones (Twisted Tales), James Daly (Bad Planet), William Stout (Pan's Labyrinth), Mark Schultz (Cadillacs & Dinosaurs), Steve Niles (30 Days of Night), and a surprise guest! Room 4

Categories: Comics | Movies

Any more deets on what you guys have planned this year?

Tim or Thomas, do you have your booth number and location information yet? A friend of mine is going to the Con this year, and I told him about your comics and asked him to stop by and say hello for me.

This sounds really cool!! Wish I could be there!

Any more deets on what you guys have planned this year?

The Booth is 5539 against the east wall between B and C.

See you there Mike.

I'll be there again.

:^]

I'll keep an eye open for it (because I might be able to get you a really good deal).

Wednesday and Sunday are pretty much the shopping days ... with some exceptions.

Since I'll be there early, I will look in the first places it'll most likely be before the flood of people pour in. Seriously, it's like the running of the bulls in slow motion. There won't be much luck once the mob hits the floor. This convention has changed sooooo much over the years.

I'll keep an eye open for it (because I might be able to get you a really good deal).

Wednesday and Sunday are pretty much the shopping days ... with some exceptions.

Since I'll be there early, I will look in the first places it'll most likely be before the flood of people pour in. Seriously, it's like the running of the bulls in slow motion. There won't be much luck once the mob hits the floor. This convention has changed sooooo much over the years.

If you could nab me a copy, I would be so f'ing grateful! :D

There used to be an option to have the bloody thing just shipped to you, but the link for it no longer works. Bah. I'll let you know if I find another way to get one though, I'm searching like hell for this book to not slip my grasp.

I was thinking, there maybe a chance that all three Punsihers are going to be at Comic Con this year. Dolph has The Expendables, Ray has Thor, both of which I'm pretty sure have something going on there. Whether they are attending is the big question. It would be a hell of a thing to see though.

A picture of the three of them together would be the best thing ever.

Aright who's buying my ticket and my flight and housing?

If you're into comics, video games, movies or pop culture in general it's pretty awesome. Just plan ahead unlike me haha.

A picture of the three of them together would be the best thing ever.

I wonder who gets asked most about their version of the Punisher. I'm going to guess Jane, it was one of his more high profile parts.

I wonder who gets asked most about their version of the Punisher. I'm going to guess Jane, it was one of his more high profile parts.

Not to mention all the drama regarding the sequel.

Yeah, no rest for the wicked.

Monday was a CONvalesce day, slept in and then did INCEPTION with Frobose and Mike.

Tuesday it's a long awaited meeting with me, Tom, Todd Farmer, and a producer on Devil's Commandos. That ball is rolling.

But I'm out of town all day and then scrambling to catch up with deadlines.

Hope to report on the Con soon.

One thing I'll reiterate from our RAW panel . . .

We are teaming with the LEGENDARY Bruce Jones to relaunch his AMAZING horror and sci-fi anthologies, ALIEN WORLDS and TWISTED TALES.

First up is Alien Worlds. We already have finished pages from RICHARD CORBEN. William Stout is busy doing a 9 page story . . .

I'm doing one, Jim Daly is doing one that will blow you away. I gotta wait to say who some of the other artists are but you will freak the fuck out, trust me.

Artistically, our re-launch will focus on a perfect blending of the old guard of legendary illustrators with the new guard.

It's going to be amazing.

Here's a preview of a promotional cover I recently completed.

Sci Fi is gonna rear it's ugly head and rise above the capes and tights like nobody's business.

AlienWorlds1BC.jpg

Do yourselves a favor and whet your appetites on the original series from Pacific Comics.

You can pick up back issues without a whole lot of trouble via the web - Incredible stuff.

So yeah, WELCOME aboard, BRUCE JONES!

More soon in it's own thread ;)