The Worst DVD Covers

xNLx

When I was putting my own two cents on the Dark Country custom covers, I went about and did some research. Not of great covers, but horrible ones. Terrible things to look at and learn what not to do. With that said, I thought it would be fun to share some of the worst covers around.

519BB7PY8JL._SS500_.jpg

Piper seems to have a scene going on in his shirt, all the while not paying any attention to the moon throwing marbles and fuzzy lightning at him.

31ARDlCKnEL._SL500_AA196_.jpg

Cheap ConAir rip off.

5217c0a398a0e657c088c110.L.jpg

You might be deceived into thinking this was a cool cover, I know I was. Until one day I looked at Tuco closer.

51zcbYJdowL._SS500_.jpg

51O+Yi2P6iL._SS500_.jpg

Two gratuitous shots trying to mimic the Army of Darkness pose.

I ordered Streets of Fire last year thinking I was going to get the kick ass illistrated cover, which at that point was the only cover I has seen. Insteas I got this:

Streets-Of-Fire.jpg

This image (quality wise) is not so bad. The one on my DVD looks like a really bad photo copy and is blury as all hell.

That's one of those cases where I wouldn't say it's a bad cover design wise, but it sure as hell is misleading, and does deserve a place here. I would have been much, much happier with the Struzan artwork, but I think they saved that for the Blu-Ray.

B002J4KQ6S.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Floating heads, and genericish photoshop job. As stated before, horrible tagline.

I'm going to go through my collection of dvds later. I'm sure I have some great movies with horrible art.

51HJ1EMN88L._SS500_.jpg

I ran across this one at Family Video one night, and my girlfriend at the time refused to let me rent it. How you can you argue with such a great cover and 6 5-Star reviews on Amazon? :P

My favourite review:

Now that I have seen this movie, I can die a happy person.

I mean it. I have now lived a complete, fulfilled life. I couldn't have lived a more fulfilled life if I worked in a fulfilling factory instead of a Nike shoe factory in Moscow, Russia. I haven't had this much fun since I got that girl at the fireworks stand in so much trouble.

Archived