Clash of the Titans (2010)

Updated Stop motion like an enhanced/realistic Wallace & Gromit?

Exactly. That or Coraline was a pretty damn good mix of Stop-motion and CG. Still, Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favorite Stop-motion films. It just has a great feel to it, not animation, yet not live action. I'd take Stop-motion over CG any day.

Exactly. That or Coraline was a pretty damn good mix of Stop-motion and CG. Still, Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favorite Stop-motion films. It just has a great feel to it, not animation, yet not live action. I'd take Stop-motion over CG any day.

Stop-mo (even ehanced) looks like stop-mo. Go instead with a CG traditional model hybrid ala Jurassic Park and this could be epic.

Stop-mo (even ehanced) looks like stop-mo. Go instead with a CG traditional model hybrid ala Jurassic Park and this could be epic.

I agree with you there. For me, it's just that Clash of the Titans is first and foremost a Ray Harryhausen film. The effects are what made the film what it is, even if they are outdated. Stop-motion is a fading art and I dread the day it'll be gone. The fanboy in me would like to see an homage to that, although I know it's unrealistic. That said, I'd also enjoy it if it is done with Jurassic Park calibur CG. Most of the shit they pass off today is just embarassing.

hmm , I dont know. I have great memories seeing this at a drive in long since gone. With my brother , cuz , mom and aunt.

Very happy days :)

If they do it well and can capture the same spirit and fun.

I cant wait !!!!

If they screw it up , I well have to hurt them!

Sam Worthington is a gifted actor. What really makes me worries, will the movie be PG13 or not?

When is the trailer comig out! does anyone know than you have to expect the first footage of the movie?

Sam Worthington is a gifted actor. What really makes me worries, will the movie be PG13 or not?

When is the trailer comig out! does anyone know than you have to expect the first footage of the movie?

He's Affleck when it comes to picking roles though...

T4, "Avatar" is catching hell AND now this...

I really like him, but dude...

• 2 weeks later...
He's Affleck when it comes to picking roles though...

T4, "Avatar" is catching hell AND now this...

I really like him, but dude...

I wouldn't compare him with Affleck...

You've seen T4, he played better than Bale-.-

Clash of the Titans will be like 300 but for kids, i am sure it will be a good popcorn movie with no plot...

so maybe you are right

• 2 months later...
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810081563/video/16576836

The trailer is online. Is that the transyberianorchestra they used for the music?

I did some digging and found it's by The Used and is called "The Bird and the Worm".

300 meets LOTR visually speaking for me. I don't hate it, but I don't really love it either.

I don't really see the 300 comparison, it looks nothing like that movie.

Sam Worthington though, he's in everything!!! Did he make a deal with the devil two years ago?

Yes, and he prefers to be called James Cameron.

Guest AdminGuyX
I did some digging and found it's by The Used and is called "The Bird and the Worm".

Really? I have that song in my I-tunes too. Did not recognize it at all.

I don't really see the 300 comparison, it looks nothing like that movie.

Well, I'm not the only one making that comparison so I must not be a crazed lunatic. At least not because of this anyway.

Yes, and he prefers to be called James Cameron.

Dude. Sam Worthington prefers to be called James Cameron? Actors are just crazy!!!

I was never a big fan of the first one. It was Harryhausen's last film and he handed off a bunch of the animation to Jim Danforth and others. Even the stuff he did do seemed jerky and inconsistent (the scorpions are horrendous). I always wished he had stopped a film earlier.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810081563/video/16576836

The trailer is online. Is that the transyberianorchestra they used for the music?

300 meets LOTR visually speaking for me. I don't hate it, but I don't really love it either.

Sam Worthington though, he's in everything!!! Did he make a deal with the devil two years ago?

Apparently they aren't using Lawrence Kasdan script for this, which from what I recall being touted as pretty great. That's too bad, on the other hand,music and tagline aside, the trailer has slowly been winning me over. Some of the monsters seem down right del Toro-esque, which is a definite plus.

Also, Mads Mikkelsen is in this, so that's pretty cool.