Well, "Rise of the Lycans" did pretty good at the box office and on DVD/Blu-ray so they are moving forward with a fourth one. I like the trilogy, not great but nice entertainment nonetheless. In terms of Underworld 4: I can't see a sequel to Evolution, it just wouldn't make much sense, because the Selene/Michael storyline is pretty much done, all antagonists are dead and both of them are seemingly unbeatable.

I think the only interesting way for another movie would be to go back to the past again, maybe this time to the late 19th/early 20th century and tell the story about the vampire order in America with Amelia, 'cause we don't really know much about her, even though she is one of the Elders and it would be a fresh setting.

Vampires vs. Werewolves in the Wild West. That works for me :P

I kind of doubt it will happen like that though...

ShockTillYouDrop.com has learned exclusively that Sony's Screen Gems is moving ahead with a fourth film in the "Underworld" franchise and is targeting a January 21, 2011 release. The movie will be shot in 3-D.

We've received no word yet if Underworld: Rise of the Lycans stars Michael Sheen, Bill Nighy and Rhona Mitra, or former franchise stars Kate Beckinsale and Scott Speedman will return for the next film.

Back in February, we reported that the studio was pleased with the performance of the prequel that opened on January 23. The film was made for just $35 million and earned $91.1 million worldwide, not counting DVD and Blu-ray sales.

http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=11355

I surprisingly REALLY dug "Rise". It was a good prequel (TAKE NOTES LUCAS). The sequel didn't do much for me though. Another "We REALLY need to outdo the first one so lets add in all this other shit" film. We never get more of the same anymore. What happened to sequels like "Empire"?