Get your DVRs ready gang...

This Thursday night, Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool) will be appearing on Conan O'Brien and is most certainly going to discuss his 2 week shoot for X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

The last cast member to talk about the shoot was Dominic Monaghan (Beak) who appeared on Jay Leno last month and spilled the beans on the Weapon X Team out

to capture the fugitive Wolverine.

Mike, Wolverine will still be in Vietnam for a part of the film. After all, the film has a timeline that begins in 1890 and ends in 1986.

*It is also possible that the Japanese Prison Camp is actually a Vietnamese Prison Camp.

-TL

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall hearing the movie doesn't go back that far, and Logan would be in 'Nam that is about all I knew about the script. But I know Jackman is a fan of the Origins mini series, so maybe that was added in all the rewriteing.

Most of my information (80%) comes from clues provided to me by the actors, sets and locations.

The original script by David Benioff has been rewritten by Marc Guggenheim and a few other writers.

The only defining evidence to suggest that the Origin storyline will in some way be addressed, is that Jackman has claw scenes before Weapon X.

The bone claws WILL appear.

The question is, will Troy Sivan be playing a 12 year old in 1899 or is he playing a 12 year old in 1959 - as in Benioff's original script???

We will know in December, when the Teaser hits.

I love disecting Teaser Trailers, its like putting a puzzle together without the majority of the pieces.

I remember when the X3 Teaser came out in December '05, everybody thought the apocalyptic footage was some kind of WWIII. I knew it was the Danger Room all along.

What gave it away? All the X-Men were in distress, except the non X-Man - which was smokin a cigar in total calmness due to his inability to sense false danger.

God I love that scene.

-TL

Sabretooth (Liev Schreiber) attends the Australian Premiere of Iron Man...

wolverineset206byi1.jpg

At the premiere, he was asked if he could take Iron Man in a fight.

He responded - "Have you seen the suit??? He'd win."

It is clear that Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) is the cockier adversary...

When attending the Superman Returns Premiere, he was asked if he could take Superman in a fight.

He responded - "I'd scratch his pretty face, that's for sure."

-TL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah Hugh was trying to contrast Nolan's intro to Batman to his intro on Wolverine.

The concept of establishing why things ended up a certain way in the original trilogy and then starting a whole new saga from there on out. Nolan even though trying to dissasociate from Burton's Batman, actually paid homage to the original with many elements in Batman Begins. Obviously it was a temporary nod, because he intended to reboot the character and the villains of the franchise completely. The ironic thing is that Batman Begins features 2 villains that were never used in the Burton continuity or in the garbage Schumaker continuity. The Dark Knight officially distinguishes Nolan's franchise from the others with revisions of The Joker and Harvey Dent.

Hugh doesn't plan on doing that entirely, but the Sabretooth character is getting a redux after Tyler Mane's take on him was an utter waste in X1.

-TL

Removing this...already in another topic. Apologies.

Yeah Tiara, this is already an ongoing topic in the YOUNG X-MEN movie thread located in the Comics and Film forum as well.

-TL

Thanks I removed my post.

• 1 month later...

IT'S A WRAP!!!

After a grueling 5 month shoot that commenced on January 21st, X-Men Origins: Wolverine has been completed.

Big Man Hugh Jackman kept himself lean and mean for what will be the definitive take on his "epically violent" and tragic character.

"And behold a beast that rose from the sea...Like a lion, it was lifted up and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it."

wolverineset243bgt7.jpg

(Picture taken on May 28)

Liev Schreiber (who also sported the chops for 5 months) was spotted clean shaven a few days ago back in his native land.

The last major scene shot that we know of was the WWII scene involving Wolverine and Sabretooth. Apparently the film WILL cover the century of Wolverine myth...

wolverineset241copysc7.jpgwolverineset240ar0.jpgwolverineset242copybo5.jpg

Jackman's dedication to this character is amazing. Like Stallone with Rocky, I feel we'll be seeing him with those claws for another decade to come.

The Teaser Trailer is only 4 months away, so things are about to get VERY exciting!

-TL

The August issue of British film Magazine EMPIRE, has released this 4th promo shot of Hugh Jackman in X-Men Origins: Wolverine...

xmenoriginswolverine4tj3.jpg

The Teaser Trailer for the film is set to hit the web Monday, November 10 and then it will be in theatres with FOX's AUSTRALIA on November 14th.

I know the Trailer will put this agonizing anticipation to rest after such a long wait.

-TL

Jackman stated the film will be a cross between Clint Eastwood's The Gauntlet (1977) and Batman Begins.

My expectations for this film are TOO high - and I'm keeping them that way because FOX's game plan with Wolverine has been spotless for 8 years.

-TL

So, the Teaser Trailer's only 4 months away.

I figured now's a good time to go over some of the things that make X-Men Origins: Wolverine, "next year's Dark Knight."

-Wolverine (James Howlett/Logan) is brought up in the late 1890s and develops a healing factor.

-Wolverine encounters his estranged bloodbrother Dog Logan (Aaron Jeffery).

-Wolverine fights in WWI.

-Wolverine fights in WWII and meets Victor Creed aka Sabretooth (Liev Schreiber), a fellow soldier and mutant.

-Wolverine and Sabretooth fight in the Vietnam War.

-Wolverine and Sabretooth meet William Stryker after being captured by the VC.

-Wolverine undergoes the Adamantium bonding process and escapes after the procedure.

-Wolverine makes his way back to Canada, into the home of the Hudsons.

-Stryker sends out a team of mutants from the Weapon X program to capture Wolverine, led by Wade Wilson aka Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds).

-For some reason Wolverine ends up in New Orleans where Sabretooth is working with fellow mutant Remy LeBeau aka Gambit (Taylor Kitsch) on something sinister.

-Stryker visits Xavier's School For The Gifted, where he seeks a cure for his mutant son Jason.

-A young mutant, Scott Summers aka Cyclops (Tim Pocock) lives in the school.

This movie is gonna be INSANE!!!

Dying to see a Trailer,

-TL

Spider-Man 3's main problem, I thought, was too many plot points going on at once. Wolverine is deffinatly looking at a 2 1/2 hour length. The crew looks good, so I'm thinking we are going to get the best. Can't wait to see what they have in store.

Guest FADoss

And all of Schumacher's Batman films...and the trouble with the last X Film. Too many characters...too many story archs...and not enough time to flesh any one of them out.

Something to be said for simplicity in storylines. Maybe they'll do this film as a series of flashbacks...

I have faith that "Wolverine" will be good. Just a daunting task for only one movie.

Fred

Guest FADoss

Just saw the first XMEN film again. JACKMAN WAS SOOOO EASTWOOD! I can't see ANYONE else in the role now. He's captured it the same way Ford laid hold of Solo and Jone. No one could ever step into those shoes.

Fred

"I know what you're thinkin. He either has 6 claws or only 5. Well to tell you the truth after all this excitement, I kinda lost track myself. But being these claws are made out of adamantium, the most powerful metal in the world - they could slice your head clean off."

"You've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky?"

"Well Do ya, Bub?"

hughjackmaniswolverineipq9.jpg

-TL

• 2 weeks later...

This is Hasbro's ad for the film's toy line that made its debut at Comicon yesterday...

xmenoriginsteasernp8.jpg

I'm really happy that we're getting action figures for this one, but I would have preferred Mattel doing them.

Their success with The Dark Knight Movie Masters line is the best example.

For X1 Toybiz did a good job in character coverage - since the line included 3 Wolverines, 2 Cyclops, 2 Xaviers, 2 Rogues, 2 Sabretooths, 2 Toads, 1 Jean Grey, 1 Storm, 1 Mystique and 1 Magneto.

The sculpts weren't great though, specially on Jackman and Famke. And everybody else.

X2 was a great improvement by Toybiz with better sculpts of 4 Wolverines (including the "Street Fight Logan" in the wife beater), 2 Cyclops, 1 Nightcrawler, 1 Magneto and an X-Suited Iceman.

The X3 line was a BIG dissapointment and that's thanks to Hasbro.

They mixed the figures in with their new Marvel Legends line and only made 5 figures of which only 4 were released:

-Beast (Kelsey Grammer)

-Jean Grey (Famke Janssen)

-Juggernaut (Vinnie Jones)

-Colossus (Daniel Cudmore)

*The Jean Grey figure also came in a Variant Phoenix transformation look.

The Angel (Ben Foster) figure was never put into production...

x3angeleu1.jpg---> x3angel2jk5.jpg

Let's see if Hasbro doesn't pull the shit they did with this year's Incredible Hulk and Indy IV lines. The figures were high in quantity but looked like SHIT.

-TL