WOLVERINE

origin1950

I don't care much for Michael C. Hall, and I feel the same way about Chase. Stryker needs a strong actor - not an amateur or TV star (a young Brian Cox).

As for Nash which many consider to be the DREAM Sabretooth (Singer actually wanted Nash for X1 but Nash was busy commissioning WCW), check out the films The Longest Yard (2005) and DOA: Dead or Alive (2006). Above all go to Youtube and watch the countless wrestling vids of Nash that are available there. You won't regret it.

-TL

I think Michael C. Hall is a great actor, and would be a good choice. As for Baily Chase, I was merely stating that he looks a lot closer to Styrker than Schreiber.

As for Nash being in the X-Men, that wasn't a speaking role except for 2 lines I believe. Like Stryker they need a strong actor for the part of Creed.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schreiber is a way better actor than Hall - and would probably make a better Stryker. Same thing applies to Chase. If I had to choose a Gambit from either Hall or Chase, I'd go with Chase. More physical.

Now, we still don't know who Robert Knepper, Brendan Cowell and Natalie Imbruglia are gonna play. I feel Knepper would make a good Stryker. As for Cowell I have no conclusions. Imbruglia as I mentioned earlier would make a great Vindicator.

Maggie Q is a way better choice for Silver Fox than Michelle Monaghan which doesn't look Native American AT ALL. I do think Monaghan would also make a good Vindicator though.

michellemonaghannm0.jpg

-TL

This is all getting confusing. When are they gonna release the cast to us?!

But yes TL, the pics of Blanchett as Agent Spalko look sweeet. I didn't think they would make her look like that but u know 1950's Russian agents probably looked that way or close to it. Spielberg and Lucas know what they're doing of course.

Kevin Nash stole the show in Longest Yard. So Mike, make sure you check it out!

-Raffi

During an interview for Hitman in November, Knepper said he was playing a "comic book character" in Gavin Hood's Wolverine.

I personally feel he'd make a good Jean Luc LeBeau, or an older Gambit. But because of his re-ocurring Russian repertoir, I feel he might be destined to be Omega Red.

-TL

Guest AdminGuyX

Perhaps he just doesn't know any better than to say it that way?

He'd be an interesting Gambit, but I think Chase would be better. Michael C. Hall, for me, just has he wrong face. I don't think he really looks like Gambit.

I think Chase is a good actor, and he'd bring a lot to the role.

Going to be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Man, I hate that title, but I guess the studio feels they have to explain it's a prequel with the friggin title, right?

Not having kept up on Wolverine comics lately...how is Gambit an integral part of the story line? Now I realize that the movies change everything, but is there a basis for Gambit to be in this one?

The Gambit character was going to be used (and wasted) in X3. Zak Penn convinced the studio that he'd be better off in the next film (regardless of what film that would be). The same thing is being done with Omega Red which was also at one point part of the X3 cameo roster but was instead spared for this film. At some point in the third act of X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1970s), Wolverine ends up in New Orleans and stumbles across Gambit. There's no confirmation of what agenda he's going to have. He might be on Wolverine's side or he might be on someone else's...

I think the title fits only because of the Magneto movie being called X-Men Origins: Magneto.

If Knepper used that T-Bag accent for Gambit, the movie would be fuckin awesome.

Ok, now back to "who will Robert Knepper play?"

-TL

I mentioned in the Punisher: War Zone board a thought I had in regards to this film. It just sort of popped up. So in favor of my buddy TL, I will repost it here.

I was watching Prison Break last night with the family and Robert Knepper plays the character Theadore "T-Bag" Bagwell. As we all know, Knepper is cast in Wolverine but his character is unknown. I personally think that he could play a good Remy LeBeau aka Gambit. Knepper is a bit older and on the thinner side of body types, but all he needs to do is put on a few pounds just to show something lean.

Josh Holloway would have been the perfect Gambit but we haven't heard any such things in regards to this film as opposed to the film crew wanting him to play Gambit in X3.

prisontbag.jpg

I don't know man. Nothing says war like a Polo hat. :)

Ever since I saw a preview for the FIRST Xmen movie I knew he was right for the film. And in the film he had me at the cage fighting scene. I have NO DOUBT he's going to blow away this movie.

Frederic

I'm sure that Dougary Scott would have been a good Wolverine too as he was casted before Hugh Jackman but had to drop due to the filming of Mission: Impossible 2. I'm very happy with what happened though cause Hugh is the fucking man. However there's only one guy who I think would have been equally good as Wolverine. Russell Crowe. I don't like him as a person cause I hear that he's an asshole. He's a great actor though. It doesn't matter though I'm just rambling on cause I had a long day lol. Bottom line....Hugh IS ready for war! That big fucker he.

I don't know man...I was pulling for Glen Danzig. He's a Wolverine fanatic...had the height and the build and was just nuts about playing the role. The man IS Wolverine. I only saw him act in one film...and that was minimal (Prophecy 2). I bet he would have done Wolverine movies forever too! How many you think Hugh will do?

Frederic

On what could have been...here's a segment from an interview with Jerry Only, fellow Misfits band member to Danzig on Glen and the FIRST Xmen film...talk about bad decisions:

TM: Now what's this about Glenn Danzig possibly being the Wolverine in the new X-Men movie?

JO: Well, he was offered the part. What happened was, we were working on the Christ the Conqueror project. We had a comic book that was going with it. We were talking with a guy named Archie Goodwin down at Marvel. He knew where I was, but he didn't know where Glenn was. I think Sylvester Stalone owns the rights to the X-Men as a movie and they had called me up and said "hey we're looking for Glenn, we want to cast him as the Wolverine." Glenn and I go back a long way and Glenn was always a big, big Wolverine fan. It kinda struck me as odd that he wouldn't have been interested in it. Even though we had our differences, if he was offered the part of Wolverine and I found out about it I wasn't just gonna crinkle up the note and throw it in the garbage basket. I tried to call his people and contact him and tell him about it. From what I understand, after seeing him a while back, he didn't like the script so he turned it down. But I'm predicting he'll wind up being the Wolverine in the movie, if they do go with real people and not animation. He looks just like him. He's got the correct height and the correct weight, if you ever read the card (laughter). He's the perfect lock-in for the Wolverine.

GREAT Videos of Danzig talking about comics and doing JKD:

http://budhacronx.blogspot.com/2007/09/gle...many-faces.html

d4.jpg

Glen on tour in 07

DSC_0020%20copy.jpg

Glen at this past year's SDCC

DSC_0097%20copy.jpg

Glen and Simon Bisley (Batman vs Judge Dredd was AMAZING)

DSC_0064.jpg

Danzig in 06

Not that I don't love Hugh. Danzig would have been a PERFECT fit though.

Frederic

Here....

Musician Glenn Danzig, whose muscular physique and height (5'4") almost perfectly matched the Wolverine character portrayed in the comic books, was interviewed for the role of Wolverine. A common myth has it that he was offered a part in the movie, but this confusion occurs largely because Danzig was actually offered the role some ten years earlier - when Carolco held the rights to an X-Men film and was considering a low-budget production. However, due to the high-budget and status of the 2000 production, as well as Danzig's age and relative lack of acting experience, and the requirement that the Wolverine actor be signed to a multi-picture deal spanning several years, it is highly unlikely that Danzig could have won the role in Singer's film. Regardless, a scheduling conflict prevented him from any subsequent pursuit of the role.

from IMDB

Hugh could rip off Danzig's head and take a massive dump in his throat. Russell's a badass - no question there. But he doesn't even scratch the surface of Wolverine. Dougray Scott has NEVER been impressive (his latest is Hitman and once again he plays someone insignificant). Bryan Singer truly made a discovery with Jackman, and a great deal of it pertains to his resemblance to Clint Eastwood. A tall and menacing Wolverine goes a much longer way than a short horse jockey lookin man. The thought of that on-screen just blows.

hughjackmaniswolverineiwj0.jpg

I'm sure Hugh will ride this character 'til the end like Eastwood did with Harry Callahan. If X-Men Origins: Wolverine makes as much as X3 ($235 MILLION) I have no doubt that the studio will once again let the Wolverine loose.

-TL