WOLVERINE

origin1950

I would totally but and new Director's Cut of the 1989 film, Goldblatt has been taking it around to film festivals lately.

Are they gonna release the Director's cut of the 1989 Punisher on DVD or something? Does anyone know? I'd kill for that.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOS ANGELES – An Australian visual effects company that worked on "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" said Thursday it was not responsible for leaking a full-length work print online.

The company's name — Rising Sun Pictures — appears in a caption dated March 2 a few minutes into the high-quality leaked copy of the 20th Century Fox superhero movie.

"As we worked on individual sequences within the film, neither Rising Sun Pictures or its staff members have ever been in possession of a full-length version, so it would have been impossible for the movie to have been leaked from here," Rising Sun Pictures chairman and co-founder Tony Clark said in a statement posted on the company's Web site Thursday.

The "prequel, which focuses on the beginnings of Hugh Jackman's clawed Marvel superhero Wolverine, is not scheduled for release until May 1, but the leaked version began appearing online Tuesday evening. Fox said in a statement Wednesday that it had the original file removed, but copies quickly propagated and continue to appear on several file-sharing Web sites.

According to Rising Sun Pictures' Web site, the visual effects company had been tasked with producing "a number of key effects sequences" in "Wolverine." Rising Sun Pictures is also working on the upcoming "Terminator Salvation" film and had previously created effects for "Watchmen," "Australia," "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" and "Get Smart."

Fox vowed Wednesday that the source of the "stolen, incomplete and early version" of the movie would be prosecuted and said the FBI and MPAA are investigating the leak. The studio also insisted that the version of "Wolverine" posted online had been forensically marked and "was without many effects, had missing and unedited scenes and temporary sound and music."

___

On the Net:

http://www.rsp.com.au/

http://www.x-menorigins.com/

News Source

I wonder what kind of perverse thrill someone would get out of posting an illegal, stolen copy of a movie online before it even hits theaters? I mean, what's the point?

First of all, you're breaking the law, and you're playing with fire to boot, because, as in this case, if the property owner does decide to pursue justice/retribution, then you're pretty much sealing your own fate. And for what? So you can brag that you bootlegged a movie and posted it online before it hit the big screen? Or is there something I'm missing? I mean, there's no money to be made off of it, right, so what do you get out of it?

And what about the millions of fans whose anticipation is ruined because everything is leaked/revealed before they get to see it in theaters? Not to mention the fact that you're probably costing the theaters and studios millions of dollars in lost revenue. Unless that's your purpose, then why even do it? I don't get it.

Look what happened to Mutant Chronicles. Same thing. Fortunately, the Wolverine film got pulled before too much damage was done, but that was only because it had a big studio with lots of clout to force them to take it down. But in the case of Mutant Chronicles, the fact that it was a small film from a small studio didn't help because they probably just said, "Oh, well, nothing we can do." That's a shame that people do that because they're hurting everyone.

I wonder what kind of perverse thrill someone would get out of posting an illegal, stolen copy of a movie online before it even hits theaters? I mean, what's the point?

First of all, you're breaking the law, and you're playing with fire to boot, because, as in this case, if the property owner does decide to pursue justice/retribution, then you're pretty much sealing your own fate. And for what? So you can brag that you bootlegged a movie and posted it online before it hit the big screen? Or is there something I'm missing? I mean, there's no money to be made off of it, right, so what do you get out of it?

And what about the millions of fans whose anticipation is ruined because everything is leaked/revealed before they get to see it in theaters? Not to mention the fact that you're probably costing the theaters and studios millions of dollars in lost revenue. Unless that's your purpose, then why even do it? I don't get it.

Look what happened to Mutant Chronicles. Same thing. Fortunately, the Wolverine film got pulled before too much damage was done, but that was only because it had a big studio with lots of clout to force them to take it down. But in the case of Mutant Chronicles, the fact that it was a small film from a small studio didn't help because they probably just said, "Oh, well, nothing we can do." That's a shame that people do that because they're hurting everyone.

I hear you, it's fucking retarded, and annoying. I don't know who leaked it, but they must have been someone high up, who was screwed by Fox, or it was Fox itself. It's Hollywood shit, so I don't know how it works, but I do know I'm going to see the movie when it hits theatres, and not online. As for MC, I still haven't seen it yet, I'm waiting for the dvd.

20th Century Fox has blasted Roger Friedman, who published a review on Foxnews.com of the pirated X-Men Origins: Wolverine, as "reprehensible," according to a report on IESB.net.

"We've just been made aware that Roger Friedman, a free-lance columnist who writes Fox 411 on Foxnews.com—an entirely separate company from 20th Century Fox—watched on the Internet and reviewed a stolen and unfinished version of X-Men Origins: Wolverine," the studio said in a statement to the Web site. "This behavior is reprehensible, and we condemn this act categorically—whether the review is good or bad."

Friedman was virtually alone among bloggers and entertainment writers on the Web in violating an unspoken agreement not to review or post anything based on the nearly complete film, which was stolen and posted in its entirety earlier this week before Fox managed to have it removed. By then, the film had spread around the Web and has been downloaded tens of thousands of times.

Most sites, such as Ain't It Cool News, decried the early posting of the movie and refused to run any reviews.

Foxnews.com has since removed Friedman's review, but without comment. It's unclear if there will be any repercussions to Friedman; Foxnews.com and the studio are separate units in Rupert Murdoch's media empire.

Wolverine is slated to open May 1.

Source: http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/fox-studio-blasts-foxnews.php

[update: Notwithstanding the report below, Roger Friedman told Variety on Sunday that he had not been let go. But Fox News released its own statement: "This is an internal matter that we're not prepared to discuss at this time." Is Friedman gone or not? Stay tuned.]

Roger Friedman, the Foxnews.com freelance columnist who posted a review of the pirated X-Men Origins: Wolverine, has been fired by the news site, Deadline Hollywood reported. The move was not only condemned by other Web sites but also decried by 20th Century Fox, which is releasing the movie, and News Corp., the parent company of both Fox News and 20th Century Fox.

Roger Ailes, who oversees Fox News, deleted the offending post after he was contacted by 20th Century Fox about it and fired Friedman as a freelance Fox News entertainment writer, the site reported.

The site added that the move was done with the full support of News Corp. "He promoted piracy. He basically suggested that viewing a stolen film is OK, which is absolutely intolerable. So we fired him," a source told the site. "Fox News acted promptly on all fronts."

When the site attempted to reach Friedman for comment, he e-mailed back only to say that he was at the Paul McCartney concert.

Source: http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/fox-news-fires-renegade-w.php

frenchwolverine.jpg

A French poster for director Gavin Hood's X-Men Origins: Wolverine has come online and can be viewed below. Opening in theaters on May 1st, the 20th Century Fox release stars Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Ryan Reynolds, Taylor Kitsch, Will.i.am, Danny Huston, Dominic Monaghan, Daniel Henney and Lynn Collins.

"Wolverine" tells the story of Wolverine's epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program. Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=54243

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AdminGuyX

Yahoo movies has a series of "character spotlight" clips up, where the characters talk to the camera and explain who they are. They all kind of suck, with the exception of sabertooth, and that's because of Liev's chilling delivery. OK, they all SUCK except that one. Not "kind of". :)

The third (and hopefully final) Wolverine trailer:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8265

And yes, those profile things pissed me off so much that I almost threw the computer out the window. It's been that kind of day. If this movie sucks, we're wiping Fox off the face of the earth.

Wasn't the hobbit from lost supposed to be in this movie? Haven't seen anything with him yet. Was he cut? And why is the blob not fat? I know Kevin Durand is a big, muscular guy, but what the hell?

Wasn't the hobbit from lost supposed to be in this movie? Haven't seen anything with him yet. Was he cut?

Monaghan's role as Bradley is still in the movie.

He's been featured in most of the trailers and is one of the few people to get credit on the final poster:

*From left to right: North, Wraith, Wilson, Creed, Stryker, Bradley and Dukes.

61541707.jpg

*From left to right: Wilson, Creed, Logan, Wraith, Bradley and North.

team2d.jpg

*From left to right: Wilson, North, Bradley, Stryker, Dukes, Logan and Creed.

theteame.jpg

*From final poster: Hugh Jackman "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" Liev Schreiber Danny Huston Dominic Monaghan and Ryan Reynolds

x0z.png

So kids, did some digging. Not sure if this has come up yet, but "Agent Zero", David North is actually MAVERICK (hence the toy in the new lineup) daniel-henney-agent-zero.jpg

However, when he hangs up the mantle to become Agent Zero, Chris Bradley becomes Maverick (Monaghan).

With source material:

Chris Bradley

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Christopher_Bradley_(Earth-616)

DAVID NORTH

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Christoph_Nord_(Earth-616)

111903-34571-maverick_large.jpg

wolverine_classic_action_figure_-_maverick_.jpg

In other news, I forgot that Kevin Durand (The Blob) along with Chris Pine (Captain Kirk) was one of the Tremer brothers from "Smoking Aces".

2007_smokin_aces_008.jpg

Some new interviews with the cast. I might be going to see this one on Thursday night 11:59 p.m. showing. Why does the Wolverine on the toy packs look so weird :P Just a quick note, there may be a spoiler in Liev's interview. I only got the chance to watch the Hugh one.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8282

Errr, Ummm... It kind of wobbles :P. Around 7 maby. My fav. X movie... Number two (thihi) With the first one coming up in a very close second.

A thing I miss, I wish they stayed true to what they showed of his origin in the first two movies. It was a lot darker then what we got here.

I don't think Roger Ebert cares for Wolverine all that much :P

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...VIEWS/904299978

So he doesn't like Wolverine the character at all...of course he isn't going to like the film. However, I think that MOST of the comic book world would disagree with his biased take on the character and many think that Jackman has NAILED this amazing character.

Much like a discussion with Noeland in the Watchmen thread...when I found out he didn't like Moore, his not liking the movie really doesn't have that much validity to me, someone who loves Moore.

Overall Ebert's review is useless. "That Wolverine has been voted the No. 1 comic hero of all time must be the result of a stuffed ballot box." Well fuck you Roger Ebert! Way to be completely out of touch with an entire hugely popular genre of filmmaking. Time to hang up the towel. His 04 Punisher review was the same shlock!

Fred

I just got back from this movie. I did not hate, but I didn't love it either. I thought the actors were great in their roles, but the movie just went too quickly, and didn't cover a lot of the stuff it should have. I'm kind of pissed, because in my theatre, they shut the fucking movie off halfway through the credits, and I heard there was supposed to be something with deadpool after them, so I don't know if any one can confirm that are not.