WOLVERINE

origin1950

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Reynolds, who plays Wade Wilson (aka Deadpool) in the upcoming X-Men Origins: Wolverine, told a group of reporters that the January re-shoots in Vancouver, Canada, were always built into his schedule, and not necessarily additions to the movie. He also hinted the character may be spun off in his own film.

The following Q&A features edited excerpts of a group interview on Saturday in Beverly Hills, Calif., where Reynolds was promoting the comedy Adventureland. X-Men Origins: Wolverine opens May 1.

Did you just get to do additional shooting to add more Deadpool to Wolverine?

Reynolds: Yeah, a lot of people thought that, but actually, when they approached me to play Deadpool, I was committed to doing two other movies, a movie called Paper Men, which is a small independent movie in New York City, and The Proposal, so I had a full plate already. They were shooting Wolverine in Australia, so that made things a little bit difficult. The idea was to shoot the Deadpool stuff after principal photography had finished. In effect, they weren't really re-shoots. They were just additional shots and scenes that we needed to pick up. They didn't add really anything beyond the script.

How does it compare to having done Blade: Trinity?

Reynolds: Well, it's like night and day. I won't get into it too much, but I'll say that the Blade set was extraordinarily dysfunctional. So to work on a movie like Wolverine, it was incredible. Hugh Jackman is as classy as he is talented. That group of guys, you have all these enormous personalities in one room. Everybody was really amazingly chummy. Egos were checked at the door I guess. I don't know what was going on, but I haven't been on a set that harmonious in a long time.

What's your take on Deadpool?

Reynolds: I play Wade Wilson, and I play Deadpool, but the character I play as Deadpool—Fox may differ from me—but I personally don't consider him to be Deadpool. I consider him to be the thing that Deadpool came from. It doesn't carry on past that. It's called Wolverine.

Has there been talk of a spinoff for him?

Reynolds: Yeah, maybe.

Would you be up for it?

Reynolds: Yeah, I love the character.

Do you wear the mask at all?

Reynolds: I'm not going to answer that.

Will we at least get to see the reasons he wears the mask?

Reynolds: Yeah, he's scarred up. You're going to see the scars. That's all in there.

Source: http://scifiwire.com/2009/03/wolverines-ryan-reynolds.php

It is just over a month until Wolverine slashes his way onto our screens, and we now have some exciting character shots to check out his co-stars Gambit (played by Taylor Kitsch) William Stryker (Danny Huston) and Agent Zero (Daniel Henney).

Following Wolverine's chequered past - prior to his time with the X-Men - we see his complex relationship with Victor Creed (played by Liev Schreiber), and his encounters with various mutants and involvement with the Weapon X program.

Starring Hugh Jackman, and also featuring Kodi Smit-McPhee, Ryan Reynolds, Lynn Collins, Will.i.am and Dominic Monaghan, X-Men Origins: Wolverine hits cinemas May 1 2009.

xmenorigins.jpg

Source: http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=24369

Reynolds interview basically confirms the action figure rumors. The thing with the blades is Deadpool, BUT...sounds like in intermediate Deadpool...between wise cracking Wade Wilson and what he will become in his own flick. Could be cool after all.

Fred

Well as long as they correct the fuck ups in his OWN movie, I'll be satisfied.

That's the thing I'm worried about. I don't want to see the character be changed to much if it's going to have to carry into the spin-off. The interview sounds a little more hopeful.

Guest AdminGuyX

What the fuck is an intermediate deadpool? is that like not quite the deep end of the dead pool, but not the shallow end?

:)

So, he shoots rays out of his eyes, he has katana blades in his arms, and he doesn't have a mouth.

Who the fuck thought this character was a good idea?

How did he get this way? If it involves some kind of crystal room inside a crystal fortress where a young scott summers' powers are transferred over, I'm writing a strongly worded letter for those producers.

I will do it. Don't test me!

Intermediate...I believe...was my terminology. What I meant was you go from Wade to super Weapon XI...tragic event (ass whooped by Wolverine) and we're left with our friendly merc with a mouth minus all the goofery.

I think it's a crap idea too man, but it's what I'm going to tell myself to make it through the flick. :(

20th Century Fox has updated the official website for

I originally posted this on March 8th, but I put it in the wrong thread.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine, opening in theaters on May 1st.

The site is highlighting 7 of the characters in the movie, including Wolverine, Sabretooth, Gambit, Agent Zero, Stryker, Blob and Wraith. When you select each character, you can download a wallpaper and IM icon. Then the main navigation has the new trailer, the synopsis, a gallery and more. Check out the site here!

Opening in theaters on May 1st, the Gavin Hood-directed film stars Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Ryan Reynolds, Taylor Kitsch, Will.i.am, Danny Huston, Dominic Monaghan, Daniel Henney and Lynn Collins.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=53542

Yes I am NOW satisfied with him as Gambit. At first I thought he was too young. Gambit didn't join the X-Men till he was a bit older though. He looks good.

• 2 weeks later...
20th Century Fox has launched a new contest in which you can enter your town for the X-Men Origins: Wolverine world premiere. The location with the most votes will be announced on April 20th and the premiere will take place in that city on April 27th!

You can enter your town into the contest here. Hugh Jackman's announcement can be watched using the player below:

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=54123

Fanboys rejoice!

I'm waiting (in the words of Jim Daly) to see it 85 ft tall on a big screen with completed FX, etc . . .

I checked this out for about 3 minutes of choppy rough cut.

I'm sure the filmmakers will be thrilled this got leaked ;)

Don't watch it Joe!! ;)

- tb

I refuse to! Why ruin the movie for myself? Just thought some might find it of interest. ;)

Fanboys rejoice!

I'm waiting (in the words of Jim Daly) to see it 85 ft tall on a big screen with completed FX, etc . . .

I checked this out for about 3 minutes of choppy rough cut.

I'm sure the filmmakers will be thrilled this got leaked ;)

Don't watch it Joe!! ;)

- tb

Dude I'm itching here. I NEEED to watch it. I don't know what to do. I wonder how soon it'll be taken offline.

Tim - You're a lucky man! How come Marvel Studios doesn't approach you to do other movies posters? It woulda been awesome if you could make a Wolverine poster or like an Avengers poster.

I feel like a drug pusher! LOL

Dude I'm itching here. I NEEED to watch it. I don't know what to do. I wonder how soon it'll be taken offline.

Tim - You're a lucky man! How come Marvel Studios doesn't approach you to do other movies posters? It woulda been awesome if you could make a Wolverine poster or like an Avengers poster.

HaHAH!

I did the same thing earlier this morning thinking Daly's office nerds might get freaked the fuck out by it's presence.

Then I was like "waitaminute, why would I want to promote this working cut?". Then I came to my senses.

Raffi - I know it's hard man, but believe me, BELIEVE ME. You'll be GLAD you waited.

Seeing a rough cut like this takes ALL the magic out of the filmgoing experience.

If you were in Sri Lanka and it'd be DVD before you could see it that might be one thing.

But dude, it opens in a month. When William Langland coined the phrase, "Patience is a virtue" in 1377 he definitely knew what the fuck he was talking about. That's why we're still saying it 632 years later ;) Maxima enim..patientia virtus indeed!

As for Marvel posters, the money would be good but it's a homogenized world they live in where everything produced looks like everything else.

They could get anyone to do it. I wouldn't necessarily say no if I was offered something but that kind of stuff is no fun. Not unless they have open minds to go with their open wallets.

- TB

Just saw this -

A message from 20th Century Fox regarding Wolverine leak.

"Last night, a stolen, incomplete and early version of X-Men Origins: Wolverine was posted illegally on websites. It was without many effects and had missing scenes and temporary sound and music. We immediately contacted the appropriate legal authorities and had it removed. We forensically mark our content so we can identify sources that make it available or download it.

The source of the initial leak and any subsequent postings will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law - the courts have handed down significant criminal sentences for such acts and the last person who committed such a crime is still in jail.

The FBI and the MPAA also are actively investigating this crime. We are encouraged by the support of fansites condemning piracy and this illegal posting and pointing out that such theft undermines the enormous efforts of the filmmakers and actors, and above all, hurts the fans of the film."

Yikes

Far as I can tell it's still up in a few places though.

- TB

Why do people take these damn risks? Tim you're right, patience is a virtue. I read a spoiler a short while back about the whole film however. I'm still STOKED to see it. For some reason, spoilers don't bother me like they do to others.

It's kinda funny, I have a workprint dvd of Dolph Lungren's Punisher film. It had the deleted scenes in it and had music from First Blood and Lethal Weapon since Dennis Dreith's music wasn't added yet. Fun stuff.