WOLVERINE

origin1950

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen that in ANY of the trailers or pictures. There is a Baraka looking guy, but he also shoots lasers from his eyes. Most likely NOT Deadpool. Every shot I've seen of Deadpool shows him wading in (pun intended) with swords which is straight canon. Do you know something we don't Raffi?

The Deadpool action figure looks exactly like the Baraka looking dude. EXACTLY the same. I don't know anymore than any of us do. I just saw the figure, and saw the character in the trailers....kinda put 2 and 2 together. Maybe my math is off. I hope to God it's off.

Guest AdminGuyX

I must have missed a trailer along the way here, I don't remember seeing this guy.

What's with weapon "XI", I don't remember the weapon X program ever being numbered. Granted I don't read a lot of Marvel, but I have to wonder if some coked up screenwriter mistook the letter X for a roman numeral.

Or . . . am I crazy to think it's always been letter? Was Wolverine "weapon 10"????

:)

And, I think the fact that these are two different actors means they are probably two different characters. I can't imagine they would use someone other than Reynold's if this was meant to be the same character.

I think we're seeing a packaging mistake on the toy. It's happened before.

Two different toys though Noeland...

I'm with you on the numbering system though. I also think the idea of a "villain" in this movie besides Sabertooth or everyone hunting Wolverine is just straight stupid. All of the previews up until now have given us glimpses of what looks to be an amazing film...and now we get this crap.

Here's hoping still, but if this is Deadpool than THAT is dumb and a thorn in a side of what otherwise would be a great movie. I guess they DIDN'T learn anything from Dark Knight.

Guest AdminGuyX

I'm only referring to the "spoiler" toy there Fred, the one you linked to on splashpage there with the swords in his arms. That toy packaged as "deadpool" could just be a mistake on the toy companies end.

On the film side of things, as mentioned in the article, I doubt that they would make Deadpool 2 different actors.

I guess we'll know when the film opens for sure.

I hope that's not Deadpool. The changes they are making, if it is him, will be enough to put fans off of a spin-off film. The only way I can see two actors playing Deadpool is if it's a stunt player doing the heavy action scenes. In the screen shots it's obvious there's heavy make-up on the face looking at the skin tone. Guess we'll find out in a month and a half.

Not trying to be in even MORE denial than I am BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, after Wade Wilson (Deadpool) was washed out of the Weapon X program he was sent to one Doctor Hilbrew's "Workshop" for failed experiments where he was tortured and experimented upon among other washouts. In the Workshop, he became part of a game called "the Dead Pool", where inmates bet on which one of them will die next.

My point is this.....there were mutiple Deadpools. He took that name when he became a mercenary and then other psycho's did the same from what I remember. Maybe they tweaked the storylines in the movie and put more than one Deadpool in it.

MAN I'm in such denial here. It's just that next to the Punisher, Deadpool is my favorite character these days. He's beaten out my former second favorites Spider-Man and Magneto. I just want it done right!

-Raffi

Yeah Raffi, I saw the figure online after I replied to you. For all our sakes I hope you're retarded too. :P

Good breakdown of it all here: http://www.justpressplay.net/movies/movie-...-weapon-xi.html

man...that's just wrong...to chibi these deadly characters so little kids can buy them...it's just wrong...i know it's business, but jeessh, should Wolverine and Deadpool be so cute?...yuck...what's next? chibi Manson figures? with little torn up chibi victims? SOrry to go off topic...

Now on topic...I'm really don't know much about deadpool so I'll be willing to buy into what ever version (s) the move is selling of him as long as it makes some small amount of sense!

The other thought I had about the "Deadpool situation" is that if it is this ultimate mutant, it could be possible that he's a shape-shifter, but that's really reaching.

Irish, if you think that's bad, you should check out the Blade/Punisher two pack they have. Blade comes with an Uzi and sword and Frank has a shot gun and a hand gun. My girls love to play with them ;)

If it actually is Deadpool, I will be ok with it as long as he becomes the Deadpool we all know before the movie ends. And yes, he also reminds me of Baraka, which reminds me of the horrid MK movies.

But the first "Mortal Kombat" was actually good...at least I enjoyed it.

Sadly holds the record for most times I ever saw a film in the theater. Granted I worked at the theater at the time and was 17 years old. Record for most times that I paid money to see a film was Tim Burton's Batman.

But...back to the suck that is Deadpool/Weapon XI. Did they really think we NEEDED something above what we had already seen in the other trailers? I would have been happy with just SABERTOOTH as the villain and cool cameos from Deadpool, Blob, GAMBIT, etc. We didn't really need a super mutant killing machine. It takes some of the grit out of it.

Fred

As excited as I was when they announced the Wolverine movie, I was kind of bummed when they said wich mutants where going to be in the film. The list went on and on and on....

Most of the stuff looks really good, there are a few parts that are causing concern. I just don't want this to be an X3 where the focus was on how much stuff we can pack into a film and lets toss the story out the window.

I agree J. I believe Jackman said the film is in a ballpark of under 2 hours long. I hope it's not all packed in. If it is, I think it should end knowing that we'll see more. That's the thing I didn't like about X-Men 3. Had the movie been over 2 hours it would have been great. It was an hour and 42 minutes though. Too much for such a short amount of time.

What I don't understand is that if movies like Lord of the Rings and what not can go for a damn near 3 hours, why can't the X-Men franchise or soon to be Avengers franchise? They have a lot of story to tell.

Maybe the guy with swords coming out of his arms is supposed to be Kane. He was Wolverine's successor in the Weapon X program, so maybe.... but the whole no mouth thing is throwing me off. He looks like he should be in a Hell Raiser movie.

Guest AdminGuyX

Hey Fred, now I see what you mean by "two diffrent toys" the single figure, and the set of tiny figures both have him listed as deadpool. DUH.

It was Andy's comment about making them "cute" and I knew I'd missed a picture or a toy in there.

That makes me wonder too, and I do agree with Raffi, if this is supposed to be Deadpool in the end then that's really stupid, and too damn bad.

Guest AdminGuyX

Oh yeah, me too.

It might work I suppose, or the movie might have enough stuff I love that it doesn't matter what I hate. :)

I think it's cool that Wolverine is finally going to say "I'm the best there is at what I do, and what I do ain't very pretty." As cheesy as that is, I love it.

Oh yeah, me too.

It might work I suppose, or the movie might have enough stuff I love that it doesn't matter what I hate. :)

I think it's cool that Wolverine is finally going to say "I'm the best there is at what I do, and what I do ain't very pretty." As cheesy as that is, I love it.

"isn't very nice" fanboy. :)