WOLVERINE

origin1950

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Empire Online has a breakdown of the trailer. From what they hear, Schrieber is going to be only going by Victor Creed in the movie, so it's safe to say they're probably playing the two as different characters. Plus, I don't think Sabretooth was every really referred to by name in X-Men, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

That is how they're playing it off. They're disregarding Tyler Mane's Sabretooth. Can't say I'm happy about that though. I wish they woulda just went with Tyler Mane and gave him a small amount of dialogue. He could have pulled it off.

So the official website for Marvel's upcoming X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE has come online and it's understandably bare bones right now. There's the logo, a countdown clock and the trailer. The film, of course, tells the story of how Logan aka Wolverine came to be the unpredictable, adamantium infused berserker we all know and love. Click through to check it out. Wolvie faces off against Sabretooth and a myriad of Weapon X superheroes on May 1st.

Source: http://joblo.com/wolverine-website

• 4 weeks later...
Sources have informed us that Fox is conducting extensive re-shoots for "X-Men Origins: Wolverine", some or all of those re-shoots in Vancouver. And by "extensive" we're not talking about a few days of pick-ups. More curious was the studio considered bringing in a few journalists to cover these re-shoots. Now usually re-shoots such as this are done quietly. Studios don't want you to know they done fucked up and can't get their shit together in the editing room.

As for the production, everyone (and by "everyone", I mean the world of online film journalists) knows that Gavin Hood was not getting to make the movie he wanted while on set. There have been reports of Fox basically going around Hood and micro-managing like they always do. Example: some sets were re-painted because it's what the execs wanted, not what Hood wanted.

Continue reading: http://www.collider.com/entertainment/news...id/10508/tcid/1

collider loves to make things up for the sake of headlines. the logic behind these 'extensive' reshoots is the lack of snow in this movie. you know they shot the whole thing in australia for five months and left the snow for their time in vancouver which is now. cant have a wolverine movie without snow. technically these arent reshoots, but rather the filming of a missing section of the film that takes place in the snow. they've also been shooting at a high school, so there must be some kind of scene about one of the younger mutants perhaps

last weeks entertainment weekly had this picture in it

x09mm0.jpg

tee hee- on the SFX cover, it looks like they styled his hair with old lady hot rollers.

I'd say it's more a case of a lazy compositing job.

But I think you are right. The hair looks rather lame as a result of that less then stellar trimming out job.

Then someone at SFX approved it. Well done (not).

- TB