WOLVERINE

origin1950

I still can't get over the irony that this lean mean Canadian is playing The Blob...

kevindurandli4.jpg

I thought Kev was awesome in Dark Angel and The Butterfly Effect.

The man knows how to change colors, shapes and sizes.

Its guys like him and Liev that are making this movie exciting as fuck for me.

All the geeks are gonna be jackin off to Watchmen in the Spring, but the real men will be waiting for Wolverine to arrive in the Summer.

-TL

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't really compare the two movies they're completely different, outside of being based on comics. Wolverine is just going to be another comic book (it'll be a good one). Watchmen is going to be a deconstruction of comic heroes and probably the movies too. One will be a fun action movie and the other is going to be one to hopefully make you really think about what you watched when leaving the theater.

Durand was great on Lost, Keamy was nasty motherfucker. Like I said he could have been a great Victor Creed too.

I agree.

They are two COMPLETELY different comic book movies.

What I mean to say (aside from my sarcasm on Liev's lust for apples) is that the excitement for Wolverine after that AMAZING Trailer defeats any hype I may have had for Watchmen.

Its really a comparison of hypes.

This year The Dark Knight was the big one - despite the fact that IRON MAN came out as well.

In 2009, Wolverine is the big one.

-TL

Guest FADoss

But "The Watchmen" will be a much better movie cinematically.

"Wolverine" = fun...aka "Iron Man"

"Watchmen" = amazing flick...aka "Dark Knight"

I plan to see and enjoy both...as I stated before in slightly different terms. :P

Fred

WATCHMEN is not going to be another Dark Knight.

If it were, the Teaser Trailer would have had a much bigger impact.

The Teaser for The Dark Knight won a fuckin Golden Trailer Award.

And Fred you have NO WAY of knowing WATCHMEN will be amazing.

Snyder is good, but he's no Chris Nolan.

As for comparing Wolverine to IRON MAN, this will be a MUCH darker movie than IRON MAN.

Jackman compared it to Batman Begins.

That 2005 Nolan movie.

-TL

Guest FADoss

So you're telling me the director of KICKBOXER 5 is going to be another Nolan? I also don't see the Wolverine trailer winning a Golden Globe.

And I think we BOTH are smart enough to realize that BATMAN has a much bigger fanbase than THE WATCHMEN, so OF COURSE the trailer got more buzz. Come on man...

And I have as much knowledge of Watchmen as you do of Wolverine...except that the Watchmen director just came off of 300!!!

I guess if a film doesn't get huge media buzz it must suck then. Is that what you're saying...because it's where your argument is taking you...

I ain't sayin Wolverine is going to suck. I just don't think it's going to be as serious as The Watchmen. :) And we all know from the War Zone thread that a movie has to be serious to be an actual good film. :P

Fred

Fred, Gavin Hood is a serious Director. The man schools the fuck outta Zack Snyder.

David Benioff is a serious writer.

You need to go to a video store URGENTLY.

Rent TSOTSI, RENDITION and The Kite Runner.

ALL DRAMAS.

Hood, Benioff and Jackman have made a SERIOUS Wolverine film.

Its gonna have plenty of action in it, but a very serious core in the end.

-TL

Guest FADoss

Sorry, I misspoke earlier. Hood was an ACTOR in Kickboxer 5, not the director.

Strange as it may seem, I saw "Rendition" and it was good. Haven't seen "Tsotsi", so I take back my judgement.

However, I DID see "Dawn of the Dead" which was excellent (and all of the other Romero remakes have sucked ass). And "300" was absolutely breathtaking and COMPLETLEY FAITHFUL TO THE COMIC.

With Alan Moore's amazing storytelling(you know...the guy who wrote "The Killing Joke" which partly inspired Ledger's Joker and Nolan's writing for the film?) finally translated to the screen in a faithful fashion (unlike the shit that was "League" and "V") we are all in for a treat.

Again, I'm looking forward to both films. I just don't see the point in dismissing "The Watchmen" as a lesser film just because it doesn't have Wolverine in it.

Fred

Guest FADoss

I liked it up until the end. I would have liked to have seen the darker portrayal of the detective (acid flashbacks and all), exploration of some of the other characters and the ending to have been more like the comic.

What I really hate is when you have valid source material and you stray for NO APPARENT FUCKING REASON and make it worse.

As much as I liked "No Country" I don't see why they cut the young girl Llwelynn picks up in the book. I mean everything else is almost WORD FOR WORD translation. I did however LOVE Peter Jackson's LOTR.

Fred

Guest AdminGuyX

This is funny, even when we agree that two movies are going to be good, you guys find a way to fucking fight about it. Amazing.

You guys had to be brothers in another life.

I got a half Brother somewhere in the midwest.

Never met the guy - my old man got some cop's daughter pregnant a few years before settling down with my Mom.

So yeah, there's another Logan out there, and unlike me he's got my Dad's looks.

Blonde hair and blue eyes.

-TL