RAW Studios at Long Beach Comicon!

Raw Studios will be set up in booth at the 1st Annual Long Beach Comicon, October 2-4, 2009.

Hit this link for all of the convention details including a constantly growing guest list -> http://www.longbeachcomiccon.com/

A few years back, Wizard Conventions held their first several Wizard World LA shows at the Long Beach Convention Center. It was awesome.

Then someone had the brilliant idea to move the show to the Staples Center in downtown LA. It SUCKED.

The awesome thing about Long Beach is that the convention center is plopped down in the midst of some excellent Bars, Restaurants, movie theaters, shops, and plenty of hotels. There is a shitload to do and it's all within walking distance.

The Staples Center was smack dab in the middle of lame ass downtown LA, where nothing is close and the easiest way to get dinner is to eat in your hotel or take an expensive cab ride to some other worthwhile destination.

Thankfully Wizard cancelled (or as they say, postponed) their most recent LA show last March and we don't know when or if they will come back.

So, even MORE thankfully, my friend and former Wizard convention mastermind Mike Scigliano and some of his friends are bringing a new show back to Long Beach at Long Last.

And I gotta tell you, this looks to be one of the top three shows in the country after Heroes, and the Emerald City show. SDCC is great but it's less a COMIC CON every year, and more a movie, vid game, toy, and as an afterthought . . . comic show.

Anyway, I digress. The new Long Beach show features an Artist Alley where all the creators are set up in the middle of the convention hall with all the publishers and retailers surrounding them. This layout actually FEATURES the creators, and believe me, that's a welcome thing in this day and age.

So, Tom and I will be there as well as some RAW special guests that we will announce as we get closer to the Con. We'll have the same set-up we have at SDCC, all our Trades, t-shirts, posters, and other merchandise and extras you can't get anywhere else. There is also a good possibility that we will be screening Give 'Em Hell Malone, and or Dark Country at the show. So this gives folks a second chance to cash in on an opportunity to see two of Tom's most recent films that do not as of yet have theatrical dates. October is a perfect chance to get out of town and relax at a great show in sunny California.

Come see us.

Here's a short list of some of the guests who will be in LB - Steve Niles, Geoff Johns, Jeph Loeb, Jimmy Palmiotti, J. Scott Campbell, and Scott Lobdell.

More updates here as we get them.

- Tim

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, plenty of head's up... thank you. Going to do everything I can to make this one. I know Adam J's birthday, as well as my own, are just a week before all this... so I think I know what I'm asking for, hahaha.

Gimme a few more weeks and I'll give you a definite.

And I'm going to keep working on Drum to get you out here for Heroes.

Funny enough, this was the Convention Center where I first met all you guys back in '04. Talk about a hell of a weekend. ;) Course about all we did was hang out at the Punisher booth and the Rock Bottom Brewery.

It's destined to be a classic.

The only thing that could rain on our parade is if Jane gets cast in something and has to be out of town.

But we'll give folks plenty of warning if that happens. Right now the odds are stacked that he'll be there.

It's gonna be a ba-last.

- tb

Dude, that'd be awesome with a capital O.

I'm pretty sure Jim Daly is going to be there too.

I just hooked them up with William Stout as well, hopefully he'll be able to do the show.

Gonna see if they'll bring Jusko out but I'm not sure if they're doing "full ride" guests yet.

Cross yer fingers.

Should be worth a little trip Noeland ;)

- TB

• 1 month later...

Just a quick word to all of our compadres -

RAW will have multiple copies of the following books on hand at LBCC for perusal or purchase -

Bad Planet Oversized Black and White Hardcover Edition

Alien Pig Farm 3000 TPB

And yes, we'll also have copies of SHOCK FESTIVAL on hand at the Long Beach show.

Tom and I are working with IDW as we speak to arrange for an hour long signing at the IDW booth sometime Saturday or Sunday.

As soon as we have official word I'll pass along the info on times.

Hope you can make it out to the party. It's sure to be a classic!

- TB

Just a quick word to all of our compadres -

RAW will have multiple copies of the following books on hand at LBCC for perusal or purchase -

Bad Planet Oversized Black and White Hardcover Edition

Alien Pig Farm 3000 TPB

And yes, we'll also have copies of SHOCK FESTIVAL on hand at the Long Beach show.

Tom and I are working with IDW as we speak to arrange for an hour long signing at the IDW booth sometime Saturday or Sunday.

As soon as we have official word I'll pass along the info on times.

Hope you can make it out to the party. It's sure to be a classic!

- TB

Wish I could be there, glad to see someone is giving Shock Festival some love. Other than few people that read it.... and all the great reviews it got... Well, pretty much everyone but IDW.

This sounds like it's going to be an awesome event. The fact that Dark Country might play there as well sounds even better, because I can't wait to check that one out.

Just an FYI for all folks attending the show -

Our LBCC Screening of Give 'Em Hell Malone has now been moved from Friday night to Saturday night at 6 p.m.

Mark it on you event calendars and remember to grab a snack before hitting the show.

- TB

Just an FYI for all folks attending the show -

Our LBCC Screening of Give 'Em Hell Malone has now been moved from Friday night to Saturday night at 6 p.m.

Mark it on you event calendars and remember to grab a snack before hitting the show.

- TB

Awesome. I am dragging my friends from out of town with me! Totally agree with your earlier assessment that the Wizard World was top notch in Long Beach but really blew when it got moved to downtown LA. I remember walking in and being able to see the entire exhibition floor end to end in the cavernous space. Then the signing booths way off along the walls. Was just a sad sight.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some more details:

"Sony Pictures Dark Country in 3-D, which marks Thomas Jane's directorial debut, and stars Jane and Ron Perlman, screens Friday, the 2nd at 7:00pm. The 3-D projection is being provided by Stereoscopic Projection courtesy of the 3D Movie Division of the Stereo Club of Southern California (la3dclub.com).

Raw Entertainment's, Give 'Em Hell Malone, an action flick starring Thomas Jane and Ving Rhames (Mission Impossible, Surrogates, Pulp Fiction) is Saturday, October 3rd at 6:00pm."

http://www.gamingangels.com/2009/09/long-b...amming-details/

and

http://geektyrant.com/2009/09/long-beach-c...coming-to-town/

Jen

Thanks k-skye - I don't know why the links I posted didn't work. I wish I could go to this event! A double-shot of Tom in new films - wow! :D

Jen

BUMMER - I think Noeland had to pull out.

Had some unforseen issues come up on his end.

Hope you don't have to eat the tickets pal!!!

We were really looking forward to seeing you and hanging but TOTALLY understand that real life shit comes first.

Incidentally, Noeland mastermined a t-shirt deal for us specifically to get us goodies for this show (and many more, and the store when we open).

We'll have Mens and Womens Bad Planet tshirts - They are BITCHIN!

And an extra special design we're making available to the public - cast and crew Tshirts from Dark Country!

How cool is that?

If you can't make it to the show then worry not, we'll be making the shirts available through our new RAW store very soon.

We'll also have the coveted RAW tshirts for sale as well.

Time to pack and get me shit together for Long Beach, hope to see a bunch of ye there.

We'll miss ya Noeland!!!!

xo - TB

Damn :(

I was hoping to get a chance to meet you Noeland. It would have been great to have you with us in the booth. I am sure there will be more opportunities in the near future.

Definitely have a lot of packing to do for the road trip tomorrow.

Mike