Yahoo! Movies has posted the first trailer for Daybreakers, the futuristic vampire flick from Peter and Michael Spierig (Undead).

In the movie, Ethan Hawke plays Edward Dalton, a researcher in the year 2019, in which an unknown plague has transformed the world's population into vampires. As the human population nears extinction, vampires must capture and farm every remaining human, or find a blood substitute before time runs out. However, a covert group of vampires makes a remarkable discovery, one which has the power to save the human race. Willem Dafoe, Claudia Karvan, Michael Dorman, Vince Colosimo, Isabel Lucas and Sam Neill co-star.

You can watch the trailer here!

The trailer looks good. Interesting premise and setting, could bring some fresh wind to the vampire genre. Promising cast as well with Hawke, Neill and Dafoe :)

Guest AdminGuyX

They give away a bunch of the story in the trailer. I feel like I've seen the whole movie.

It does look like a cool flick though. I thought Undead was mostly OK, so I'll give this one a shot.

Undead was alright, but it mainly gets points for just looking as good as it does considering what they had to work with.

It looks interesting though, I remember hearing about this movie a few years ago, so it's cool to finally see something.

I for one never thought they could ever get someone like Sam Neill to look remotely scary, but I gotta say that all those eye contacts actually look nice and menacing in the trailer.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This was a pretty damn good vampire flick, this is what hope happens now, for everyone of the Twilight films that is released there will be one like Let the Right One In or Daybreakers. One of the great things about the movie, is the world building, it's integrated in the film in an organic way, and not some pre-title text or exposition. The cast was great all around, If I had to complain, I could have used more of Willem Dafoe's character in the movie.

This was a definite step up from Undead.

Strange, I was confusing this title with another Vampire type film I've seen recently so I was avoiding looking through this thread.

Thankfully my curiosity got the better of me cause this is DEFINITELY not the lame piece of shit I was mistaking it for.

Trailer looks very interesting, does sincerely evoke Stephen Norrington's original Blade vibe.

By that I mean that I think it is pulling from the best things about Blade's stylistic visuals.

Also in the strange hierarchy and quasi politic.

This definitely is not Blade though. The film has a real nice look and the plot looks interesting.

I am a big Sam Neil fan so that's something extra for me. Same goes for Defoe.

And Defoe does certainly look like he could own some of this.

I'm gonna try like hell to see it if at all possible and hope it impresses, for personal reasons. Well, you know, I don't like to waste my money ;)

- TB

Check it out, it's worth it. Like I mentioned the world that was imagined for the film is pretty rich, and actually could benefit from further films. It's a smart vampire movie, with a bit of social commentary.

Also, I forgot to mention the effects, of which seemed to be mostly practical, were pretty fucking great (wet and gooey all that good shit).

Saw this last night and I liked it a lot. The detail and art design that went into the world was great, and the story had a nice allegory (replace blood running out with oil) without rubbing it in your face. The car chase in the middle of the film was really cool. And Willem Defoe was awesome.

I'm gonna kill this interface.

I was attempting to delete a double post, thought I'd accidentally deleted Padre's post cause after I deleted the first one it still showed the double post and no Padre.

SO, I then deleted the double post and when I refreshed the page Padre's was still there (yay!) but it seems somehow, miraculously, I deleted both of indieflick_chick's posts!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry IF_C. I suck. My apologies.

- TB