BAD PLANET Vol. I Black and White Trade Edition

here's a place to talk about the BLACK & WHITE oversize edition, due to debut at Comicon this July. i'm very excited about this book. it'll be 9" x 12" stripped down to the bones of the pen and inks, to be gloriously poured over at ones leisure. if you're lucky enough to get a copy of this limited edition (1000 prints) , please tell us what you think here. the oversize will bring the beautiful lines of Tim Bradstreet and James Daly into stark relief. when i was proofing the pages as they came in, i immediatley hit on the idea of an oversized B&W edition, so that others could see what i saw before it was reduced and colored. inspired by RUSS COCHRAN's labor of love with his E.C. reprints, this book is for fans of the old fashioned pen and ink renderings that started it all! we wouldn't have the Batman or Superman or X-Men films of today if it wasn't for guys in white shirts with rolled up sleeves slaving over the drawing boards in cramped NYC offices, drawing into the wee hours and creating some of the best picto-fiction heroes and villains ever created. TJ

All I can say is that I pray I can order this fucker online, since I live no where near any comic con.

Just curious, will this be like looking at the grayscale original art (seeing the ink strokes, maybe some whiteout) or just straight up black and white crisp scans? I tell yah, grayscale would be the bee's knees.

• 2 weeks later...
This will be available to order online, won't it? I don't think I'll be able to make it to the Con either, but I have to have a copy.

YES. we'll figure it out and let everyone know where to get it. we should move this thread up to the 'pinned' one at the top. anyone know how to do this?

• 5 months later...

Just got my copy not 10 mins ago.

Beautiful! Great job all around. Have the single issues already

but, there's nothin like classic pulp black & white.

There wasn't a dust jacket to this limited edition hc, was there?

When I see it advertised online, I just figured the pic you use

promoting it (which is also the first page of the book) was the cover.

Either way, beautiful piece of work!

• 2 weeks later...