Zombieland

Mike V

I've been spreading the trailer on FB for a bit now. Between this and "The Goods" I should be a pretty happy camper.

Anyone else see "Fido", speaking of zombie comedy?

I've seen it, and I thought it was pretty good.

My wife and I both laughed a lot with "Fido". Good flick, I would recommend it! Zombieland looks awesome, I was amped when I first read about it, and the trailer really was great. Now when my wife and I play Resident Evil 4 or 5, whenever we get a crazy kill during game play, we say "What do you think, zombie kill of the week?" :P:lol:

• 3 months later...

I thoroughly enjoyed it! Great sense of humour, the "cameo" is awesome, and Woody kicks ass!

Hey Mike V, was I imagining it, or did the standoff at the beginning reference For A Few Dollars More? I could have sworn I heard a chime in the music that was really close to the pocket watch at the end of FAFDM.

I enjoyed this movie very much. Woody Harrelson was the fuckin man in this movie.

Bill Murray's scene's were instantly classic

. I think Emma Stone is hott for some reason. I'm pretty sure I wanna bone her. Is that inappropriate? ;)

I love how Woody keeps looking for a fuckin twinky and how he plays Ghostbusters with Bill Murray.

This was one of the funner movies I've seen in a while. I recently have been saying that no good movies have been coming out. This to me might have been the best of the year. I think I'm gonna see it again.

A sequel would be nice if done right. Fuckin A shoot it in Michigan like many other films are so that I can audition!

-Raffi

I enjoyed this movie very much. Woody Harrelson was the fuckin man in this movie.

Bill Murray's scene's were instantly classic

. I think Emma Stone is hott for some reason. I'm pretty sure I wanna bone her. Is that inappropriate? ;)

I love how Woody keeps looking for a fuckin twinky and how he plays Ghostbusters with Bill Murray.

This was one of the funner movies I've seen in a while. I recently have been saying that no good movies have been coming out. This to me might have been the best of the year. I think I'm gonna see it again.

A sequel would be nice if done right. Fuckin A shoot it in Michigan like many other films are so that I can audition!

-Raffi

Now why would you think she is hot for some reason? She is.

Yeah, if they shot it in Detroit they really wouldn't have to work that hard on making it look like an apocalypse was going on.

Now why would you think she is hot for some reason? She is.

Yeah, if they shot it in Detroit they really wouldn't have to work that hard on making it look like an apocalypse was going on.

OUCH Mikey! lol...... it's a good thing I live in Metro Detroit

.... I say for some reason because I typically don't go for the rocker type of girl. She strikes me as that type. I love her voice though.

Just saw it last night. My new favorite Zombie movie. Blows Shaun of the dead right out of the water. Everyone in the movie was perfectly cast, and it never missed a beat, and it is the perfect length too. Loved all the kills, and especially loved the cameo. Possibly the best Cameo in a movie ever, or at least in the last decade or so. It had just enough heart in it, as well as action and comedy. Fuck, I`ll have to go see it again :D

I don't think I would say Shaun of the Dead is a Zombie movie first.... I'd go with a comedy first on that one. I'm sure Simon Peggs intention was to a comedy different than all the others.....adding Zombies to the mix. There weren't any scenes in Shaun of the Dead that were intended to scar the crowd. Zombieland had those intentions in certain scenes

I don't think I would say Shaun of the Dead is a Zombie movie first.... I'd go with a comedy first on that one. I'm sure Simon Peggs intention was to a comedy different than all the others.....adding Zombies to the mix. There weren't any scenes in Shaun of the Dead that were intended to scar the crowd. Zombieland had those intentions in certain scenes

I gotta disagree, I'm pretty sure his and Wright's intentions were to do a zombie film in the mold of the Romero films. It's a romantic comedy and a zombie film, and Romero's Dawn of the Dead is very much in the vein of a comic book, Land of the Dead is action and Survival of the Dead is suppose to be a modern western.

And hell Wright and Pegg weren't the first to do a zombie comedy, there's The Return of the Living Dead, Dead Alive (Braindead), Night of the Creeps.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a big kick out of this last night. There have been talks about a sequel in 3D, which I think would have been perfect for this one, especally during the rollercoaster shoot-out. Been a while since I had a good laugh at a movie. Only two gripes, I wish there was more of Woody dispatching Zomibes with lawn tools, and now I have a hankering for Twinkies ;)

Got a big kick out of this last night. There have been talks about a sequel in 3D, which I think would have been perfect for this one, especally during the rollercoaster shoot-out. Been a while since I had a good laugh at a movie. Only two gripes, I wish there was more of Woody dispatching Zomibes with lawn tools, and now I have a hankering for Twinkies ;)

Also the woman doing the face slid on the pavement.

Did you stick around after the credits?