Bad Planet and Alien Pig Farm 3000 - trade collections!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine yesterday but was soooooooo damned busy I couldn't sit down with it until late last night.

I can't even begin to explain just how damned goosebump creating good this book looks in black and white. Jweb is correct it is totally off the charts freaking awesome just to look at....and read yet again!

JMD3's sketch is just simply FANTASTIC (like he'd do anything less?) Thank you Jim for the great art work that makes this book just that much more damned special. I'll try and get mine scanned in soon!

So besides the normal RAW perks, great friends, snappy dialog and informative postings,...er... along with some brain rotting postings... I now have an extra special RAW perk in the form of this book. Thanks guys for making them available to us...SWEEEEET!

Let's see some more of those sketch scans!!

;)

- TB

Ok.

As Daffy Duck would say..."It's mine, mine, all mine I tell ya!"

JMD3-badplanet-sketch.jpg

Once again Jim, Thank you for the fine, fine, fine piece of art work.

Glad y'all like the sketches and the book!! I had tons of fun drawing the convict and friends again, the noir one was especially fun to do. :)

I love the over sized trade in black and white, Tim and Tom did a super classy job with it.

-cheers!

--Jim

Glad y'all like the sketches and the book!! I had tons of fun drawing the convict and friends again, the noir one was especially fun to do. :)

I love the over sized trade in black and white, Tim and Tom did a super classy job with it.

-cheers!

--Jim

Glad you had fun drawing it, cause I fuckn' love my sketch! I'm actually a little dissappointed I can't frame it and hang it on the wall.

I want Bad Planet 2! :lol:

awesome guys. we have a few hundred copies left here and we will be selling them at the RAW STORE that should be opening in the next 60 days. other than that, you can pick one up at the LONG BEACH COMIC CON, and possibly in NYC in OCTOBER! and we'll be soliciting through DIAMOND sometime soon. ALSO the COLOR VERSION of BAD PLANET will be seeing the light of day sometime before the end of the year. but these special books will NOT be printed again - once they're gone, they're gone! we might reprint other versions but this special limited edition will remain limited! so enjoy 'em guys. so happy to hear the positive feedback. TJ

If I only had one complaint about the book, and its so minor that its not really even a complaint... a dust jacket would have been groovy. After all the Dark Country dvd covers, I'm tempted to design one just to print out for myself. However, everything about the book is great. The printing was superb, and I even took the time to compare it to some of the single issues I have (cool to see how the sound effects were switched around just so slightly).

I'm definitely buying up the colour version when it hits. Anyone know if there will be a hard cover?

We have any other sketches to share? My jaw is on the floor looking at all these!

MediumFan has one too but she's not at her home base currently.

I'm sure she'll give us a looksee at her first opportunity.

Also - I sent Kwiat a book originally intended for someone else. It had a partially completed Convict sketch in it by Jim D and myself.

Honest mistake, I just chucked the wrong book in her package.

She got a bonus!!! It was totally my bad and we hadn't personalized the sketch or anything so I told Kwiat that I'd be honored if she kept it.

Maybe she'll throw us a scan.

Please do so!

- TB

Also - I sent Kwiat a book originally intended for someone else. It had a partially completed Convict sketch in it by Jim D and myself.

She got a bonus!!! It was totally my bad and we hadn't personalized the sketch or anything so I told Kwiat that I'd be honored if she kept it.

Please do so!

- TB

Whoa, talk about getting a good prize in the proverbial cereal box!

This marks the third piece of original artwork I've gotten, and its definitely my favourite (right next to a page from My Demon Baby).

Please do so!

- TB

It is my intent, if I can convince my old scanner to communicate with the PC. Apparently, they're not talking at the moment. I'll devote more time to their relationship problems once the rest of the crap hitting the fan around here slows down.

The partial sketch was unexpected and Tim is very gracious to let me keep it. I promise to share it as soon as I can get the wires to be nice.

Please do so!

- TB

Of course I'll share it, Tim. Just as soon as I can get my grubby li'l mitts on it, I'll post it. I hope to have it in the next few days (Fingers crossed!)

K-Skye, you hit the JACKPOT!! You lucky thing!

awesome guys. we have a few hundred copies left here and we will be selling them at the RAW STORE that should be opening in the next 60 days. other than that, you can pick one up at the LONG BEACH COMIC CON, and possibly in NYC in OCTOBER! and we'll be soliciting through DIAMOND sometime soon. ALSO the COLOR VERSION of BAD PLANET will be seeing the light of day sometime before the end of the year. but these special books will NOT be printed again - once they're gone, they're gone! we might reprint other versions but this special limited edition will remain limited! so enjoy 'em guys. so happy to hear the positive feedback. TJ

Great news about the store coming online soon, TJ. Can't wait to see what other kinds of goodies you guys have. (Hopefully you'll have some of those wicked RAW t-shirts! ;) ) I can't wait to see my books.

Any more news about NYC, e.g. dates, screenings, appearances, etc.?

Courtesy of Kwiat Skye -

Here's the scan of the sketch in her book.

It's rather light but you can just see a butterfly escaping the hand of the giant Phaedon Warrior.

Pencils by Jim D, partial inks by TB

PhaedonsketchC.jpg

- TB

Courtesy of Kwiat Skye -

Here's the scan of the sketch in her book.

It's rather light but you can just see a butterfly escaping the hand of the giant Phaedon Warrior.

Pencils by Jim D, partial inks by TB

PhaedonsketchC.jpg

- TB

Thanks for fixing up that scan and posting it for me Tim. I clicked on enough things and eventually the wired boxes talked to each other. No chocolate required. Just endeavouring to persevere.

If I only had one complaint about the book, and its so minor that its not really even a complaint... a dust jacket would have

Hmmm.... If that had been the case, I would have removed the dust jacket, so that it wouldn't have gotten messed up, and stuck it in a drawer somewhere. I like the simple elegance of the deathspider logo impressed into the cover of the book. (Black on black and more than 8 inches in diameter, for those who haven't seen it yet.) There may not be any 3D in the black & white hardbound, but you can run your fingers over the baby deathspider impression right there on the cover. The orangey/gold lettering on the spine of the book pops nice off the black as well.