Some one finally did it, they made a film that's getting buzz on a real "shoe-string" budget. I like the idea of this taking place from the zombie's perspective, and it was made for $70! It's almost unthinkable, but I'm glad someone did it. Somewhere out there Lloyd Kaufman is wondering why he didn't get to this guy first

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/...olin/index.html

A lot more money went into this thing than $70. Pretty brazen to deflate the budget that much as a publicity stunt and damned miraculous that the Cannes-goers are eating it up hook line and sinker. Still, I'm sure it was done on close to nothing and it must be good to get Cannes attention. My hats off to the guy! :) Looking forward to seeing it.

Hey, I shot a zombie flick in Tampa a few years back for $300.

Yeah, but even $300 is more believable than $70. I'll have to see this thing, BUT knowing the tricks of marketing a little bit, I can't say that $70 is anything close to a real budget for something to impress Cannes audiences.

In the artical it sounds like the equipment was donated or borrowed. Same with the make-up. It might have cost other who helped out, but that is just free-will donation. Plus, we live in the age of digital now, so the guy could have bought a two pack of digital tapes (which is less than $20), uploaded the footage and reused the tapes. So technically, probably not $70. As for the film, I guess we'll have to wait and see if it's any good. The fact that he's in Cannes with the film, good for him.

I am courious about how it plays out though. I could be wrong, but I'm sure that this has to be one of the first films that takes place from the zombie's POV.

I am courious about how it plays out though. I could be wrong, but I'm sure that this has to be one of the first films that takes place from the zombie's POV.

I've had a story stewing in my head with a similar POV for several months now. Maybe I should write something down.