But you know, the next movie Peter Jackson wants to make involves Nazi zombies going back in time to kill baby Jesus, now that would be a hell of a thing.

I can hear Glen Beck and Sean Hannity screaming already!!! lol

But you know, the next movie Peter Jackson wants to make involves Nazi zombies going back in time to kill baby Jesus, now that would be a hell of a thing.

Ahoy. I saw this in Norway in January. I both love and hate when you start to shed tears from laughing so much, but this one was absolutely great. During the movie there were lots of people (mostly girls) leaving the cinema half way as well (I would presume because of all the gore and vulgarity).

They filmed far up north were it's normally -20 Celsius and more during the winter. The only way to get to the location was with snow-scooters and they didn't have any cellphone reception, except for a village that was a couple of hours away. This was their work conditions for two months. Some days they would just have to abort shooting because of the bad weather. I don't think it was as hard work conditions as Ofelas (Pathfinder) though, as that was made even further up north and in the 80s. I think the Dead Snow budget was about $1 million as well, making it a decent budget in Norway (Max Manus had about $10mill or more, which prolly is the most expensive in Norway ever).

The story is pretty basic though, but it's all the black humor that's so great with it. It's very obvious that they are fans of early Raimi and Peter Jackson, but I love those movies they reference. If you're a Ash purist then you'll prolly cringe as they shoot some scenes almost idententically from his movies.

This is independent film making at it's best imo. It's basically a bunch of friends that's made a movie together. And imo it's one of the best Norwegian movies I've seen.

A warning though, the movie contains many jokes that probably will only be understood by Norwegians. For instance famous songs in Norway being used on the most inappropriate of times and using well-known actors in type-cast roles, but that's prolly the same with every foreign movie, having lots of internal references I mean. I'm just glad that they made the characters/story purely Norwegian.

It's going to be remade in the US later, but check this one out first. I'm also glad that the director will make his Hollywood debut because of the response of this one. There aren't many Norwegians that get that chance. :)