Deadpool

relias33

According to SuperHeroHype.com, 20th Century Fox is moving forward with a Deadpool Spin off!!!!

Here's the link.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8308

It's nothing most people didn't know would eventually happen but it's in writing now and that's what counts! Can't fucking wait to see my 2nd favorite comic character on screen. At least this film will be successful at the box office.

You think this should be PG-13 or R for that matter?

-Raffi

It'll probably be PG-13 and most likely horribly made, because it's 20th Century Fox, they basically only want director's for hire that they can push around. They didn't get that with Bryan Singer but I think he was a fluke.

I'll go and see it if David Goyer doesn't direct. What a horrible director! I can't believe I actually went to see "the unborn" in theatres. It should have been called "The abortion".

Anyway, this is the reason why the whole Deadpool thing in Wolverine didn't piss me off, because it made sense IF there was going to be a spin off. I wonder when it will come out. Would late 2010 be too early? My guess would be early 2011.

I'll go and see it if David Goyer doesn't direct. What a horrible director! I can't believe I actually went to see "the unborn" in theatres. It should have been called "The abortion".

Anyway, this is the reason why the whole Deadpool thing in Wolverine didn't piss me off, because it made sense IF there was going to be a spin off. I wonder when it will come out. Would late 2010 be too early? My guess would be early 2011.

:lol: Quoting my wife "Let's see The Unborn, it's directed by one of the writers of The Dark Knight." Boy, did I fall into that one face first. Abortion is right! Looking forward to Deadpool on the big screen again. Wasn't sure about Reynolds, but for the time he had, he did pretty good.

According to SuperHeroHype.com, 20th Century Fox is moving forward with a Deadpool Spin off!!!!

Here's the link.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8308

It's nothing most people didn't know would eventually happen but it's in writing now and that's what counts! Can't fucking wait to see my 2nd favorite comic character on screen. At least this film will be successful at the box office.

You think this should be PG-13 or R for that matter?

-Raffi

Thats awesome, I never read any Deadpool comics nor didnt know anything about him until X-Men: Wolverine but what I read through comic images on google, he's an awesome character. Im actually excited to see this.

• 3 weeks later...

An interview with Ryan Reynolds on the state of the movie.....

"We're just trying to break a story right now and figure out who the villain is going to be and all that stuff. But, it's going to be just like the comic books. I'm gonna have a messed up face and you may see some flashbacks of Wade earlier in his life, but primarily what you see is what you get in the comics and that's the goal. And there is no better place to draw material from then the comics which are incredible."

COOL

-Raff

He sounds like he gets it! I'm impressed.

I think he got the character from day 1. It's just that he probably didn't care to be dead on balls accurate in Wolverine because he knew he would get his own film. They weren't far off in the film anyways. Just some modifications that can easily be corrected or simply forgotten in his own spin-off.

It would be cool if it were rated R but I would settle for a PG-13 Deadpool film. Reynolds is one of the very few comedic actors out there who can make a PG-13 film just as funny as an R film.

I think he got the character from day 1. It's just that he probably didn't care to be dead on balls accurate in Wolverine because he knew he would get his own film. They weren't far off in the film anyways. Just some modifications that can easily be corrected or simply forgotten in his own spin-off.

Honestly, I thought that he played "Wade" almost perfectly in the Wolverine movie... Some of the best lines. (Cheese? Yup, but delivered perfectly :))

Logan: Oh my God, do you ever shut up, pal?

Wade Wilson: No, not while I'm awake.

• 6 months later...

An update here:

Actor Ryan Reynolds told MTV Splash Page that he has a dream director in mind for the planned 'Deadpool' movie.

"You think directors for a movie like this and you immediately picture [Quentin] Tarantino or somebody like that," Reynolds told MTV News. "Obviously Tarantino is a guy that likes to direct his own material, so there's a good chance he wouldn't be the guy. We all have our lists of dream directors."

Indeed, last week Tarantino said if ever directed a superhero movie, it would be an original story of his own creation so it's hard to picture him coming aboard 20th Century Fox's 'X-Men' extension.

Reynolds also told MTV that things will click once the script is ready and that the powers-that-be are in talks with various writers.

Almost as if in response, CHUD.com comes up with the scoop on who those writers may be. According to their report, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick of 'Zombieland' fame are looking like the go-to guys for this one. CHUD admits they have no solid confirmation of the rumor, but their sources tell them a 'Deadpool' writer will be announced in the trades as early as this week.

When I think of it, Tarantino would actually be a good director for this film.... I don't think he would ever go for a gig that he can't take total control of himself. I love the idea of Reese and Wernick writing it however. We'll see what happens.

-Raffi

Woody wouldnt fit as Deadpool. Even though Wilson has the healing factor and is old in a sense, Harrelson doesn't have the personality to be Deadpool.

It seems like you're against Reynolds as Deadpool ha J? Why is that?

Woody wouldnt fit as Deadpool. Even though Wilson has the healing factor and is old in a sense, Harrelson doesn't have the personality to be Deadpool.

It seems like you're against Reynolds as Deadpool ha J? Why is that?

No, I think Ryan was perfect casting. I was dissapointed in how they delt with the character. That was one of the bigger reasons for me wanting to see Wolverine.

I just thought it would be funny to see what Woody would have done with the charcter. He's good at being a smart ass without knowing/caring.

Yeah but I remember reading somewhere Reynolds saying that they were going straight to the material and disregarding what had happened during the Weapon X program in a sense. The damn laser eyes, the blades from the hands....etc.

Harrelson is probably one of my favorite smart asses on film these days. Him and Robert Downey Jr.

Reynolds Talks DEADPOOL Costume, Vibe

MTV Splash Page continues their series of Ryan Reynolds sound bites, with the latest focusing on the actor's casting as Marvel's wise-cracking anti-hero 'Deadpool'.

Reynolds has promised from the start that Deadpool will wear the red and black costume that fans know and love from the comics.

"Oddly enough, I think the suit is the easiest task," he told MTV. "It's such a cool-looking suit, too. It's just deciding on the material and stuff, but that comes into play once you get a script."

However, the actor said that there have been no costume fittings or movie designs for the suit that he's seen yet, which makes sense as they still seem to be working out the script.

"You want to find the best version of what's in the comic books, but like a lot of [characters], Deadpool has one of the more inconsistent narratives," he said. "It's tough, because the series has been dropped and reopened so many times. You really have to pick and choose so many of the best elements and cobble those together and create the movie of your dreams."

He also said fans needn't worry about him confusing this role with the other big screen superhero he's playing: 'Green Lantern'.

"I think there was some concern that I would make Green Lantern some kind of wise-cracking Wade Wilson-type, and that's not the case at all," he explained. "If that's what they wanted, why would I have screen-tested for the movie?"