I know that most people here are stateside and might have a bit of trouble getting their hands on this, but if you get the chance try watch a BBC series called 'Being Human'

It's a drama/comedy/horror (in that order) about a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost who share a house together.

It's only 6 episodes (another series has been commissioned as the first one was so well received), but each of them is an hour long (BBC don't have commerials).

Wikipedia Summary

Being Human is a British television supernatural drama-comedy series, broadcast on BBC Three. It stars Lenora Crichlow, Russell Tovey and Aidan Turner[1] as three apparent twenty-something characters sharing a house in Bristol, trying to live a normal social life, despite being a ghost, a werewolf and a vampire. It is one of the most popular shows on BBC’s iPlayer and the creator Toby Whithouse has said he is thrilled that the BBC has decided to commission a second series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Being_Human_(TV_series)

I know that most people here are stateside and might have a bit of trouble getting their hands on this, but if you get the chance try watch a BBC series called 'Being Human'

It's a drama/comedy/horror (in that order) about a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost who share a house together.

It's only 6 episodes (another series has been commissioned as the first one was so well received), but each of them is an hour long (BBC don't have commerials).

Wikipedia Summary

Being Human is a British television supernatural drama-comedy series, broadcast on BBC Three. It stars Lenora Crichlow, Russell Tovey and Aidan Turner[1] as three apparent twenty-something characters sharing a house in Bristol, trying to live a normal social life, despite being a ghost, a werewolf and a vampire. It is one of the most popular shows on BBC’s iPlayer and the creator Toby Whithouse has said he is thrilled that the BBC has decided to commission a second series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Being_Human_(TV_series)

Sounds great! I wonder if BBC America will show it. I used to watch Wire in the Blood, Prime Suspect and Second Site (along with a few others), but now it seems that BBC America is riddled with reality shows. I never watch it anymore.

Amy - You might want to check this site out, TVCatchUp - It's a free and legal way to watch UK TV online - I just don't know if it works outside the UK (I know the BBC iPlayer is locked down to UK IP addresses only).

That's such a shame about BBC America (which strangely shows many non BBC shows). BBC in the UK is mostly great (especially for a publicly funded broadcaster). Lots of quality programming, covers many niche programming and best of all, no commericials... ever.... but yeah, some reality crap finds it's way on there too sometimes.

The pilot of Being Human is on YouTube, but they made loads of changes (most of the cast, tone) before they shot the show, so it's not really a fair representation.

For the proper first episode, try here: And if you like it, do it and yourself justice and go buy it on DVD (from the BBC, or from Amazon UK - both Region 2, sorry)

If anyone does track down Being Human and likes it, another TV show they might want to try hunt down; Ultraviolet (not to be confused with the supposedly horrible Milla Jovoich movie). It's about Govt. vampire hunters in London, but handled seriously. It's over 10 years old now, but holds up pretty well. Jack Davenport (Pirates of the Carribean) and Idris Elba (The Wire) are in it.