Hi everyone,

thought it was time to unlock some of the elements that are unfolding. Alongside A BULLET WAITS FOR YOU I have another project HIRED GUNS. It is a smaller character driven ensemble akin to The Wild Bunch mixed in with a bit of Rio Bravo/Assault on Precinct 13 sensability. The screenplay was written as part of my PHD (still in progress). It is very minimalist in nature and layered with strong visual narrative.

While we are working on casting for ABWFY I've shifted up the tempo on HIRED GUNS. Going to a similar creative team - Sergio Donati Executive Producing. Original Score by Ennio & Andrea Morricone. Production Design - Tim Bradstreet. DOP - David Eggby. Editor - Paul Seydor.

What is getting really interesting is the cast. WILL PATTON will be playing the lead of Sanderson. Will loves the script and is presently calling up all his friends to come join the cast. I've also been talking to the likes of Danny Trejo, Tom Savini and Keith David as well.

Due to the flustering SAG situation Hired Guns will most likely go prior to ABWFY - which helps in the creative sense of me as first time director then rolling onto the bigger project.

My plan for the week ahead is to roll this out into the public and move it along.

Stay tuned.

warmest regards

Andrew

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't wait Andrew! It sounds awesome so far!!! Good luck man!

Will Patton is so underrated and so damn talented. Just caught his cameo in WENDY AND LUCY. He's always good. Always interesting.

Congrats!

Yeah Will is amazing in WENDY AND LUCY. In fact Will is always amazing. The fact that he loves the script, loves the character and is now helping us pull it all together just puts a big smile on my face.

The character of Sanderson is akin to William Holden in The Wild Bunch - so expect a maturity in character and minimalist exposition.

regards

Andrew

Guest AdminGuyX

Andrew, you fucking go!

While I like "A Bullet Waits For You" as a title so much more then "Hired Guns" I want to see them both, so ultimately which one you make first doesn't matter to me.

:) Very happy for you!!!

Will Patton.

Card carrying member of his fan club.

Andrew, you fucking go!

While I like "A Bullet Waits For You" as a title so much more then "Hired Guns" I want to see them both, so ultimately which one you make first doesn't matter to me.

:) Very happy for you!!!

Will Patton.

Card carrying member of his fan club.

Don't judge a film by the title - haha. Hired Guns is lighter in tone - has a romantic sensability to itself but very much a strong character based narrative. It minimalist in the sense that the first twelve minutes of screen time has no dialogue. These are character that act rather than speak.

I'm also really excited about who Will brings in.

regards

Andrew

Good golly kdedu, that album cover you have as your profile pic is a blast from the past! I have a few vinyl records around here still, and that is one of them. Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass: Whipped Cream & Other Delights. I pulled it out of the pile and am looking at it right now.

Sorry for the off topic. I just had a brain jolt there.

Andrew, I am looking forward to seeing your story on the big screen. Where are you filming Hired Guns?

This project isn't a homage retrospective. Instead it is it's own story told visually. The first twelve minutes are actually three or four scenes that establish character relationships all through visual interaction. Their boundaries rules and lifestyles are all displayed.

When there is dialogue in scenes it is minimal, subtle, layered with subtext. In some ways you could argue it was an intellectual western. There are no big monologues about where characters come from or where they are going. They live in the present, but reveal so much about their past by their actions. That is similar to the masterful writing of Once Upon a Time in the West where Sergio Donati wrote all the character naunces the water droplets, the fly wih the gun - that isn't Leone - that is ALL Donati.

regards

Andrew

Andrew, I am looking forward to seeing your story on the big screen. Where are you filming Hired Guns?

Still working that one out - depends on what sort of cashflow we can pull in. The SAG situation means there are a lot of actors looking for work - which helps with the ensemble cast. However finding the cashflow for an Indie produciton is always tricky.

Andrew

Woo hooo! I love him, he does deserve a resurrection!

Keith was great with Mickey Rourke in The Last Outlaw as well as Quick and the Dead.

His work is Carpenter is legendary. I just love They Live and The Thing. He brings a real depth to his characters even if it is a bit part in films like Crash. What made me smile was that both his manager and he are rooting for me with HIRED GUNS and A BULLET WAITS FOR YOU. Means a lot especially when you suffer the knocks and blows of film development. Great to have them on the team.

Also Will Patton is suggesting Alision Elliott (his partner) for one of the key roles. I've always admired Alison since The Spitfire Grill and she was enchanting in The Assassination of Jesse James.

All coming together.

regards

Andrew