Sign in to follow this  
johnpweber

Steve McQueen biopic in the works

Sounds like there is going to be a Steve McQueen biopic hitting the screens in the future.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39758

I couldn't belive that Russell Crowe was suggested, and looking down the talkback list, I see a lot of Daniel Craig name mentions. Both are great actors, but come on. Thomas Jane all the way. He has the look and the ability to nail this one.

schatt.jpg

tjane2.jpg

Guest AdminGuyX

Jeez . . . Daniel Craig? Russell Crowe? These guys are t0o stocky, and they ain't from the good old USA.

This is, like Snake Plissken (I agree with Kurt Russell here) something an American actor should play.

I've been saying for a couple years that Anthony Michael Hall, as he gets older, looks more and more like McQueen.

Eric Close also LOOKS a little bit like him.

But the problem is, they are not cool enough. Just ain't. And they don't particularly sound like McQueen either

Tom is cool enough, can trim down physically, and has the voice for it.

All they need to do is watch Stander. That's a film McQueen would have made.

Have to agree on Stander Noeland. Definitely a McQueen flick. Tom seems to be one of the only guys out there going the way of the classic American badass.

Guest AdminGuyX
Tom seems to be one of the only guys out there going the way of the classic American badass.

Well put.

Even Give 'em Hell Malone has that vibe for me. It (the trailer I mean) reminds me of The Hunter, one of my favorite McQueen flicks.

You want my advice, play the Malone trailer for the producers of this biopic and tell me that ain't the kind of flick McQueen would make.

And we all know Tom likes fast cars, and has done his share of hard living.

i've said for years, Thomas is like a new-school Steve McQueen. No contest. Russell Crowe? Daniel Craig?! Seriously.

But the problem is, they are not cool enough. Just ain't. And they don't particularly sound like McQueen either

Tom is cool enough, can trim down physically, and has the voice for it.

That's the key for this film. They have to have an actor that exudes "cool" and Tom fits that bill. I like Russell and Daniel, but they don't, for me, have that essence. Tom does, and part of it is because I don't think he cares about Hollywood, he just wants to do things on his terms and give audiences a kick ass product that can stand next to a McQueen or Paul Newman film.

Check out this link:

"The younger end of the role might disqualify the most natural successor to the throne of McQueen: Daniel Craig, a flinty, blond man's man who nevertheless turns 41 in March. Thomas Jane is only a year younger than Craig and could probably pass for even younger than that, but the scheduling demands of his pendulous jumbo salami (it has its own show!) might not permit him the opportunity."

http://defamer.com/5131388/who-among-holly...y-steve-mcqueen

Jen

Dougray Scott looks like Steve McQueen?

Since when? :)

I like Dougray Scott but I don't really detect too much resemblance.

DS got a bit of a pencil neck too.

Two ways to go. Star power casting gives better shot at opening weekend plus guarantees a decent budget.

Or they go low budget and cast it properly. Obviously I think Tom could do it.

- tb

Guest AdminGuyX

Dougray Scott is also not from the USA, and doesn't do a very good midwestern accent.

And in that photo - maybe - he looks like him, but walking around in the flesh I would have to disagree that he could play McQueen.

Did you folks know that McQueen was supposed to play Frank Farmer in The Bodyguard with Diana Ross as the singer? I always knew Costner modeled himself on McQueen for the role, but didn't know the script was that old, or had been bouncing around for that long until today.

Turns out Ryan O'Neal was also up for the lead. He was the go to "we can't get Steve McQueen" guy back in the day apparently.

Dougray is just not, um, weathered right. Don't know if that makes sense or not. Daniel Craig I just don't see at all. Jane is much closer to McQueen in appearance and energy than either of these guys.

thomas jane doesnt look like him at all. not even in that mickey mantle movie where he was a blondie. i dont think daniel craig is right either with the bloodshot eyes and the large craneum. tough casting for this movie

thomas jane doesnt look like him at all. not even in that mickey mantle movie where he was a blondie. i dont think daniel craig is right either with the bloodshot eyes and the large craneum. tough casting for this movie

cool. i can see thomas jane playing steve mcqueen. daniel craig's head is too big

So does he look like McQueen or not? Quite a flop in just two hours...

I'm the guy proposing Tom for the inevitable Bullitt remake, so you know where I stand!

Dougray Scott looks like Steve McQueen?

Since when? :)

I like Dougray Scott but I don't really detect too much resemblance.

DS got a bit of a pencil neck too.

Two ways to go. Star power casting gives better shot at opening weekend plus guarantees a decent budget.

Or they go low budget and cast it properly. Obviously I think Tom could do it.

- tb

THAT'S Steve McQueen??????? :blink:

this guy really looks like mcqueen,

dougray scott (age 43, born in scotland)

mcqbic1.jpg

looks alot more like mcqueen than thomas jane

Even if he did look more like McQueen, there is still the fact that Tom has more charisma, which is what the role demands. Most biopic pics in the past fail because it's a larger than life figure that is portrayed by someone who can not bring that added bit to the part. Jane has that charisma needed, Scott I have yet to see a film where he stands out for me.

i think thomas jane could play him, just dont think he's the ideal person for the part. brad pitt is as good a choice as thomas jane

And that would be an amazing suggestion on Brad Pitt's board. :) I really don't think that ANY other actor has modelled themselves after the classic MAN actors of yesterday (and today in Eastwood's case) like Tom Jane. He DESERVES the role on that basis alone.

Nothing against Pitt. He is an AMAZING actor who I think has been unfairly overlooked by many as a pretty boy. But if he's "just as good", well then I chose Jane.