sidewaysgaze

Tom at Dallas Comic Con - January 24 - 25, 2009

Ah, sorry, I know this is last-minute and all, but Tom is scheduled to appear at the Dallas Comic Con this 24th and 25th of January! :D

I just got official confirmation from Tom that he will be there, unless plans change at the last minute, which hopefully won't happen. :)

Here's the link to the official Dallas Comic Con site:

http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/Home/Home.html

Check out the cool banner to the left of the page promoting Tom's appearance at the Con!

I'm sure that those of you who are going already know that Tom's scheduled to be there, but peeps, please post info in Tom's section here if you know what he's up to, so that we can all be in the loop...

Oh, and if you do go to the Con and see/meet Tom, please post here and let us know the deets. :D

Jen

Hi Jen!

Thanks for your post. The US residents should thank their lucky stars for living in a country where events like these are hosted and people have the opportunity to meet their favorite stars. I live in the UK and have never had the chance to meet TJ in person. Please keep us posted on any public appearances you're aware of as I would really make the effort to meet him, if he ever came to the UK! For the rest of you guys attending the event; please bring back lots of lovely piccies of the man himself!!!

Till Later x

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for letting us know!!!!!!!!!

Im going to start work on the car Tonight!!!!!

Amelia - well do !!! Well take as many pics as we can. last time i went i was so beside myself with seeing Mr, Jane, I was just lucky my buddy took the few pics we got.

Again thanks so much and well be counting the days!

Hi Jen!

Thanks for your post. The US residents should thank their lucky stars for living in a country where events like these are hosted and people have the opportunity to meet their favorite stars. I live in the UK and have never had the chance to meet TJ in person. Please keep us posted on any public appearances you're aware of as I would really make the effort to meet him, if he ever came to the UK! For the rest of you guys attending the event; please bring back lots of lovely piccies of the man himself!!!

Till Later x

Hey Amelia -

Yeah, it's too bad that Tom couldn't do some meet 'n greet while he was filming Mutant Chronicles in the U.K., but from the sound of it, he was deep in the muddy trenches during the shoot and didn't have the time to do anything like that. I know he's been to the Cannes (I think?) and Venice Film Festivals in the past, but now I'm wondering he has done any promotion of his films in other countries...? Well, there's always hope for the future! :D

Jen

Lol, that banner was so cool.

Was that 4 Give Them Hell Malone?

I know how u feel Amelia, I live in the US of A and there's no way i'll be able 2 go.

Hope u guy's have a good time, and take some good pics of TJ. :lol:

That's what I would like to know as well ...

I love that poster of Tom at the Dallas Comic-Con site gateway - it does look like a Bradstreet-esque Malone!

That is actually taken from a Bradstreet poster illustration, which was done for THE LURKERS. Not sure what's going on with the film, but the poster rocks. I used it because it's got Tom, and it's Timmy's art. Two great tastes that taste great together... ewwwww.

That is actually taken from a Bradstreet poster illustration, which was done for THE LURKERS. Not sure what's going on with the film, but the poster rocks. I used it because it's got Tom, and it's Timmy's art. Two great tastes that taste great together... ewwwww.

LOL @ Mark!

Thank you for the info - it is a great poster (which has now been changed to one of the The Punisher)!

Have a great Con!

I didn't get to see the banner, darnit! All that's there now is the Punisher pic. I've seen Bradstreet's Lurkers poster though. Is that what it was from?

Too bad I'm not in TX right now. I'd be at DCC too! But hey, LA's not too far from San Diego and I hear there's a little con down there every year. :lol: Hmm, maybe? ^_^

Tom had a frosty at the convention today. He punished that frosty. Seems like an amazing guy and I think he's a great actor anyhow but hearing him chat about past and future projects made me feel like we can keep the faith alive that some good influential work will come out of the western corporates.

Here are some links to a few pix of Tom at Dallas Comic Con Flickr.com:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stardust_dream/3227208629/

and

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21812155@N02/3226368215/

and

Patti found this link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rileysautogra...com/3225919890/

Jen

Mr. Jane Thanks so much again for the kind words on the car. I wish I could of showed you the detail in the painting more. I know they had us rushing threw. The time you did take meant the world. I gave Tim my card , So if you ever need two big Tx boys to help you guys out we are here to help buddy.

My thoughts are with you buddy and hope for happier days.

Your Biggest Fan and Friend

John

Check out this link to someone's blog who was at the RAW Studios panel

discussion at the 12th annual Dallas Comic Con on January 24, 2009.

I think they have 21 audio clips; I just listened to the "Thomas Jane

vs. Burt Reynolds" one (about working on Boogie Nights) and it's

hilarious!

Plus there are a couple of photos of Tom from that event.

http://www.lullabyes.net/blog/2009/02/thom...ane-012409.html

Jen

Tom mentions that he would love to make the movie "Homeless Dad" (if reference to Arrested Development episode he was in), and that there's an Arrested Development movie in the works, and I couldn't quite catch what he says about that - that he'd like to do a cameo in the movie, or it's possible that it could happen... That would be so cool if he could pop in and do a cameo for the movie! :D

Jen