origin1950

Thursday

What was Thomas Jane's best performance?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite lead performance by Thomas Jane in a film

• The Last Time I Committed Suicide (1997)
    • Thursday (1998)
    • The Velocity of Gary (1998)
    • Deep Blue Sea (1999)
    • 61* (2001)
    • Dreamcatcher (2003)
    • Stander (2003)
    • The Punisher (2004)
    • The Mist (2007)

Does anyone know what happend with the character of aaron eckhart? he was killed but who killed him?

His "friends" or the character played by mickey rourke?

Does anyone know what happend with the character of aaron eckhart? he was killed but who killed him?

His "friends" or the character played by mickey rourke?

Yeah, Kasarov (Rourke) and the cops decapitated him after he squared offed with them before the phonebooth scene.

*I will not rest until this movie is re-released in theatres in its uncut form.

Pulp Fiction is outstanding, but to my eyes THURSDAY has what it takes to go a long way in theatres as well.

Skip Woods needs to sell this to a big studio now that Mickey's big and Jane's a bit more recognizable.

For $4 Million this could be playing in your local stadium seating auditorium.

-TL

I finally got to see this, though through less than legal means (torrent). But hey there was no other real option, if it ever gets another DVD release I'll buy the fucker in split second.

On to the film, I thought it was pretty cool, it was violent and funny in all the right ways.

I finally got to see this, though through less than legal means (torrent). But hey there was no other real option, if it ever gets another DVD release I'll buy the fucker in split second.

On to the film, I thought it was pretty cool, it was violent and funny in all the right ways.

one of the GOOD things torrent is good for - checking out stuff people have no other means of seeing. this is the film that just won't die. it's one of the better scrits i've gotten. i have to say i'm not a fan of the flat lighting or the dull wardrobe. and that fuckin hair! but the story is awesome, and the performances are good all around. it's the kind of film that i'd love to see remade someday, because it's a cult favorite at best and the story is so good and the writing is tops. can you imagine it with a great DP and killer score? T

Honestly I was kinda expecting a Tarantino knock off, with all this pop culture infused dialogue after watching the opening scene. But I was pleasantly surprised that the movie didn't fall into that hole, the movie really needs a new DVD release.

can you imagine it with a great DP and killer score? T

Sure. But I'd be content to have a copy that has the credits and time of day subtitles in English instead of Russian!

I bought this movie on Ebay about 2 months ago ...maybe less. It was about 30 bucks.

It was a good movie, kept my hubby entertained, especially the red rubber dress that Paulina Porizkova was wearing. Her character was a real freak and i hope there's not many of those biotches in real life!! Loved that Mickey was in it too. Jane played the part well, his character really kept his "cool" through all the WHAT NEXT?????????!!! kinda day. Although, at the end, I think he should have got on the plane without his ungrateful wife.

thanks Tom, well done!

An article at FilmSchoolRejects about TV shows and movies that should be on DVD, but aren't; Thursday movie is mentioned:

"There are also countless DVDs that come out, get printed, then disappear forever. The Thomas Jane flick Thursday can sell for $150 for a bootleg DVD. Honestly. I mean come on. If some idiot will pay $150 for a rip on eBay, how are we not selling this thing for $10 in stores? It’s ridiculous."

Read more at Film School Rejects: Boiling Point: Bring it to DVD - Film School Rejects http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/features/...p#ixzz0aSTvKOOF

Jen

The picture on Tom's avatar is it from a movie or from a fotoshooting?

does anyone known it

Finally saw it again after about 10 years. It holds up pretty well for the most part. It’s definitely one of the better Tarantino inspired thrillers from the 90’s. It’s a got a nice lean script and the cast is just awesome. Watching it again I think it’s a shame Tom and Aaron Eckhart don’t get a bit more time together on screen because the characters have great chemistry.

I think the Tarantino influence is probably what dates the film the most. For example the black and white scene where Nick talks about Ballpean’s “accident” just feels a little too much like Pulp Fiction. There are a couple of other scenes like that where the influence really comes through and it’s a little distracting. I don’t want to get too nitpicky because it’s a fun film and it just flies by when you watch it.

Something about the film I’ve always loved is the how the mood changes in the flashback to Casey’s last job. The way Dallas tells it he’s a cool headed badass and the set is really colourful and garish. When he tells it his way there’s no colour in the sets at all and he’s yelling and freaking out. Always thought that was a nice touch.

The opening with the cop talking about Star Trek was the worst bit of the movie. What was the point of it other than to try and do a bit Tarantino pop culture dialogue.

Just saw Thursday yesterday on a Sunday night 😉 really good! I enjoyed it all over. It's full of surprises and it isn't afraid to be raw at places. Great movie, and even if the telephones are a bit outdated, the rest isn't!