What was Thomas Jane's best performance?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite lead performance by Thomas Jane in a film

• The Last Time I Committed Suicide (1997)
    • Thursday (1998)
    • The Velocity of Gary (1998)
    • Deep Blue Sea (1999)
    • 61* (2001)
    • Dreamcatcher (2003)
    • Stander (2003)
    • The Punisher (2004)
    • The Mist (2007)

THURSDAY is a really good fuckin film.

I saw it back in 2000 and it was the first time I stumbled across Jane in a movie.

His performance here is probably the best next to The Punisher and Stander.

This was 1998 and he owns this movie like if he'd been starring in films for years.

THURSDAY is actually his 2nd lead role in a Hollywood picture.

This is the only film I can think of that challenges Pulp Fiction.

Aaron Eckhart is great in this, Mickey Rourke has a cool cameo and Paulina Porizkova is awesome.

Skip Woods did a wonderful job here.

-TL

Thanks for bringing this film up! :) One of Tom's underrated roles - I think he's amazing as the "put-upon" guy - his expressions say it all...

It's funny because he's not exactly a "good guy" in this one, yet we still root for his character.

Mickey Rourke's great in this one too - and Tom and Mickey got to work on Killshot too.

Jen

Thanks for bringing this film up! :) One of Tom's underrated roles - I think he's amazing as the "put-upon" guy - his expressions say it all...

It's funny because he's not exactly a "good guy" in this one, yet we still root for his character.

Mickey Rourke's great in this one too - and Tom and Mickey got to work on Killshot too.

Jen

I love this movie, but I can not find the damn thing any place. I've found it once and it was an obscene fortune. Damn.

Mickey was cool in this movie, he's not in it very long but of course he has his stature and ability to enter a room in his own way.

The disturbing thing that got me was the rape scene between Tom and Paulina Porizkova. Very wicked.

Aaron Eckhart is good in this too. I love at the beginning when he gets a coffee in a big gulp cup and then gives the guy 99 cents to buy it. Hilarious.

-JO

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00...7766&sr=1-1

See if this link works for you.

I bought my copy off of Amazon a whila ago. Russian import, region free DVD. The sound is original English. The seller just had to include a paper to tell me what Russian to click on during setup.

It was worth it.

Love this movie! Tom was great in it, though I have to say the whole cast was pretty damn cool.

Aaron

I think I got my copy of Ebay, a while back. This biggest thing when doing Ebay is to make sure the seller is legit or sounds good (you know, lots of positive feedback, a long record of selling stuff, etc...). That's my opinion for how to get the movie.

Jen

I think I got my copy of Ebay, a while back. This biggest thing when doing Ebay is to make sure the seller is legit or sounds good (you know, lots of positive feedback, a long record of selling stuff, etc...). That's my opinion for how to get the movie.

Jen

I keep hoping they're going to rerelease it. I heard about a 2 disc SE coming out that has documentaries and featurettes, interviews etc. But haven't heard any rescent news on it.

-JO

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

This movie came up in the introductions thread, so I thought I'd add to it here.

Just wanted to say it looks like it's still available on Amazon.com and

I've wondered if the person who cast Thomas in The Sweetest Thing did so because of seeing him in this role. It's a pretty intense movie, but he is great with the comic relief parts. Actually, he's good throughout the whole movie, but you just don't get to see him do much "comedic" type stuff. Too bad this film got buried somewhere along the way.

k-skye

P.S. - See it Tim. You'll like it.

I have not seen this film (not found in DVD french), I just saw a scene on youtube... it seems quite "crazy". :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

This film NEEDS to be re-released on DVD already for an affordable price.

People NEED to see Thomas Jane at his best.

I'm tired of people ONLY associating him with The Punisher.

This was 5 years before he shot that film and he was at his best.

He was raw and completely uninhibited.

thursday3ef6.png

-TL

This was 5 years before he shot that film and he was at his best.

He was raw and completely uninhibited.

thursday3ef6.png

-TL

Damn what the hell...how tall is that Porizkova chick?

Thought I'd share some screenshots of the rest of the cast.

Paula Marshall in what's probably her best role as Casey's wife Christine...

thursday2iy8.png

The ridiculously hot Paulina Porizkova as Dallas, James LeGros as Billy "Hillbilly" Hill and Aaron Eckhart as Casey's former partner in crime Nick...

thursday1vm4.png

Paulina is about to give Michael Jeter The Casey Wells Story...

thursday4yq7.png

*I'm trying to dig up some shots of Casey firing up the twin .45s during the Ballpeen incident.

That's right - TWIN .45s BEFORE The Punisher.

Just give me some time.

-TL

*Paulina is 6 ft. tall

I still try to find it in zone 2... I want to see ! :D

I think that many people have known thomas jane in "the punisher", which is not my case, his presence in the film is the reason for I made so many miles for to see the movie...

I keep hoping they're going to rerelease it. I heard about a 2 disc SE coming out that has documentaries and featurettes, interviews etc. But haven't heard any rescent news on it.

Presumably Tom would have been contacted to see if he wants to make any contributions (Feature Commentary, Interview etc...). Any word from 'The Management' on this?

If there was one coming out that would be cool to know, save people the double dip.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched this. Thursday was pretty good. If anything, the only gripe I had was the Billy Hill character right before he is going to Tourture Casey. The diolouge, I thought, was ripped from Reservoir Dogs. Oh, and Mickey's role was too small.

The scenes with Michael Jeter were too funny, and how about the phone. I kind of want one now.

The best scenes in this film are the flashbacks. Tom compleatly pulled off the toughness of his character, which plays nice because he starts off as a push-over. If you only knew ;)

If you get a chance to see it, check it out.

I just watched this. Thursday was pretty good. If anything, the only gripe I had was the Billy Hill character right before he is going to Tourture Casey. The diolouge, I thought, was ripped from Reservoir Dogs. Oh, and Mickey's role was too small.

The scenes with Michael Jeter were too funny, and how about the phone. I kind of want one now.

The best scenes in this film are the flashbacks. Tom compleatly pulled off the toughness of his character, which plays nice because he starts off as a push-over. If you only knew ;)

If you get a chance to see it, check it out.

I actually still havent been able to see this, I cant find it anywhere!! But from what I hear from people who have actually seen it, they love how TJ transitions from being the dopey, ordinary husband to the hardass that he was in the past...I definitely need to find this movie on DVD.

I actually still havent been able to see this, I cant find it anywhere!! But from what I hear from people who have actually seen it, they love how TJ transitions from being the dopey, ordinary husband to the hardass that he was in the past...I definitely need to find this movie on DVD.

Go to the amazon.com like that Kwiat Skye posted, that's where I bought mine.

My husband didn't particularly care for the movie, except for one particular scene. It gives a whole new meaning to shopping in the hardware store with him when we pass by the duct tape. It's become one of those inside jokes you have with someone you've watched a movie with.

k-skye

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.