relias33

Arquette and Jane split

Well I'm not offended at all. News of Tom and Patricia's filing hit the web before they got home from the court house.

E Online probably has their phone tapped.

Plus, I don't really like Eric.

. . . heheh, kidding naturally.

- tb

News of Tom and Patricia's filing hit the web before they got home from the court house.

Seriously? That is appalling ... but not surprising, unfortunately. :(

- - - - -

On a lighter note, the invitation sounds lovely; two grown-ups can co-host an evening, yes?

Here's to Tim scoring an invite! ;) Yeah baby! :lol:

heheh, meeting the guy who is scoring the film would be cool, no doubt.

But I won't cry in my Diet Coke if I miss it ;)

I'm just teasin' s'all.

- tb

Tim, why would you get invited to this? Do you know Tom or Patricia? Seems presumptuous to think they would invite you to their house just because you post on this forum a lot.

Tim, why would you get invited to this? Do you know Tom or Patricia? Seems presumptuous to think they would invite you to their house just because you post on this forum a lot.

LOL @ Brian! You guys are cracking me up! :lol: Cheers!

Lol, i read something about them hosting a party. Thats great news! :lol:

They are a good couple. Have fun Mr. Jane and Mrs. Arquette!

I was sad to hear about them splitting. I think they made a great couple.

But that's life, I guess. :huh:

Don't worry Tim, you can come to my party in stead. Mean old Thomas Jane.

Don't worry Tim, you can come to my party in stead. Mean old Thomas Jane.

Heheh, nah, I got the invite, I just couldn't get out of SD for the shindig.

Busting some OT on a vid game project for a shoot this week.

Farmer is standing in for me tonight ;)

I really would have loved to go but alas.

I'm saving myself for TJ's birthday party ;)

- TB

Heheh, nah, I got the invite, I just couldn't get out of SD for the shindig.

Busting some OT on a vid game project for a shoot this week.

Farmer is standing in for me tonight ;)

I really would have loved to go but alas.

I'm saving myself for TJ's birthday party ;)

- TB

Will Todd be clothed for the event?

Big thanks to MediumFan for the head's up about this exclusive article at Celebuzz that speculates that maybe Tom and Patricia are trying to reconcile. A member of the Patricia Arquette Forum at http://www.absolutely-divine.com/ found the article.

According to this article, it looks like Tom had a belated birthday celebration on Friday, March 13 at h.wood in Los Angeles, and Patricia was there. Check out more info at this link:

http://www.celebuzz.com/arquette-ex-still-...ds-more-s93731/

I also looked up the club online because the article didn't print the name quite right. Find out more about the decor and ambience here:

"...celebrity crowd mixing with fashionistas, modelesque beauties, and artsy types."

http://losangeles.metromix.com/bars-and-cl.../545471/content

Jen

Was there cake?

Maybe RAW Entertainment should go into the catering business too, on top of everything else. :lol:

Jen

Thanks for the mention, Jen, but you didn't have to do that. I wasn't even sure about mentioning it either, as it is only speculation, and the gossips have been rumoring that Thomas and Patricia have been reconciling ever since the news of their split, so as hopeful as I am for a reconciliation, (and I am fervently hopeful for that), I'm still takin' these reports with a grain of salt unless we hear something more official from someone more reliable.

But I am still heartened by this news, and am still praying for Thomas and Patricia, and for their continued happiness, hopefully together. I hate to see anyone split up, but especially two people who I have such deep affection for. Good luck to both of them.

I hope they'll work things out. But I also won't speculate until I hear anything from official sources.

The way I see it? Who are any of us to say what "together" really means? The American cultural norm is towards monogomous co-habitation, but not all relationships fit into this mold.

I'm reading a wonderful book right now about the Moso people in central China (Leaving Mother Lake). They are a matrilocal socitey, where kinship is determined thorugh the mother's line. A woman lives in her mother's home and her mother's wealth is determined by how many grown daughters and grandchildren she has in her home. Women choose their own lovers. When they tire of a lover, they leave his bag on a special nail in front of her door. Fathers do not live in the same house as their progeny but live in their mother's house. A man's most important role in this society is as an Uncle, not so much as a father. During the Cultural Revolution, when the Chinese forced them to live in monogomous co-habitation, it did not go well.

There is no "contract" of the heart. There are hundreds of solutions for lovers to be "together". Tom and Patricia will always be bound by their daughter. One can only wish for their harmony and happiness - regardless of the formula they choose.

Something tells me comparing the odd culture of a central China matriarchy to Hollywood relationships is spot on.

Personally, I find moral relativism a bit dangerous, but that's just me. I don't really have to answer for anyone else. :)

Something tells me comparing the odd culture of a central China matriarchy to Hollywood relationships is spot on.

Personally, I find moral relativism a bit dangerous, but that's just me. I don't really have to answer for anyone else. :)

FADoss - Tee hee! You're clever! :P

The funny thing is, my next book is Moral Relativism: Big Ideas/Small Books? One sentence alone made me bump it to the top of nightstand - "Who are the real barbarians?" ;)