Jump to content
kwiat_skye

Deep Blue Sea

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByCxtDOFpyB/ clip from last nights Q & A. 

Nice clip but, boy, does he fidget?!  Seen him like that in a couple of interviews - is he not entirely comfortable talking about himself, or is it the sign of an overactive mind and it's just the rest of his body desperately trying to keep up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 years and 24 hours... in my whole life I've never been so late to an appointment!

The situation was quite fast desperate and then rapidly increasing worse and worse 😉 fun movie! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I enjoy the word "chomp" 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gail Bentley said:

Nice clip but, boy, does he fidget?!  Seen him like that in a couple of interviews - is he not entirely comfortable talking about himself, or is it the sign of an overactive mind and it's just the rest of his body desperately trying to keep up?

Hmmm... I guess all the energy has to flow somewhere?

My wild guess would be that he was actually thinking about something else, maybe not really wanting to be there? So many projects run in parallel, be it movies, comics, own production and directing... I believe it's possible to enjoy the moment but your subconscience puts pressure because there's so much to be done.

Really this is nothing more than a wild guess and I probably even project too much of myself here 🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, been a while! Saw the Screamfest listing of Deep Blue Sea with Thomas Jane and bought tickets immediately of course. Always liked this flick, TJ's leading man performance and Renny Harlin's exciting direction. Plus a killer supporting cast, jokes and plainly a lot of fun.

The Jane snuck in mid-way through to watch the film then after some giveaways, the Q&A started. It moved quick with TJ not needing much prodding, talking about getting involved with the film, establishing his career and how it was also super uncomfortable since you were wet all day long and how he still gets skin irritation 20 years later from the tank water. He commented about Harlin always having 13 cameras rolling and some mishaps with the robotic shark while he was strapped to it. It was stated that prior to The Meg, DBS was the most successful shark movie after Jaws and during press they couldn't mention Jaws or Spielberg! There was some smattering of Boogie Nights, The Predator, Dreamcatcher, method acting, his first crappy car in LA and other topics as well.

My question to the man started with my declaration that DBS is way better than The Meg then asked which was harder to make physically for him, DBS or The Punisher? Mr. Jane commented that he was training with all kinds of specialists for The Punisher and really enjoyed it but did not like the fact his trainer made him workout twice a day in final weeks leading up to the shoot.

Afterwards TJ hung out meeting the fans, taking photos and signing. It took me back as I guess I first "met" him way back at The Dark Country screening in 2008 or so and subsequently sought him out at Long Beach Comic Con (where I got my first and last photo before DBS night), San Diego Comic Con, I Melt With You premiere and most recently Conan O'Brien during Con among other events over the years. If I were still doing events I'd try to make a The Punisher reunion screening happen!

1689995407_DBS2.jpg.0befdcbcb5c9d62296d9cc4e202751ec.jpg1954375550_DBS1.jpg.72c31aa45669263467de10bc93420a3e.jpg101824118_DBS3.jpg.c4ef518dce0e3b6841ff3dfd6f05252b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow thank you Viendammage!

Looks like we had a RAWwarrior inside after all to report all the juicy details. It sounds like a great evening and a perfect occasion for reunion. How many people were taking pictures at the end with him and did you have a specific discussion with him considering you're such a long time fan?

Could you elaborate more on what issue the shark had while he was strapped on it?

Great to have you back here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, viendammage said:

Hey all, been a while! Saw the Screamfest listing of Deep Blue Sea with Thomas Jane and bought tickets immediately of course. Always liked this flick, TJ's leading man performance and Renny Harlin's exciting direction. Plus a killer supporting cast, jokes and plainly a lot of fun.

The Jane snuck in mid-way through to watch the film then after some giveaways, the Q&A started. It moved quick with TJ not needing much prodding, talking about getting involved with the film, establishing his career and how it was also super uncomfortable since you were wet all day long and how he still gets skin irritation 20 years later from the tank water. He commented about Harlin always having 13 cameras rolling and some mishaps with the robotic shark while he was strapped to it. It was stated that prior to The Meg, DBS was the most successful shark movie after Jaws and during press they couldn't mention Jaws or Spielberg! There was some smattering of Boogie Nights, The Predator, Dreamcatcher, method acting, his first crappy car in LA and other topics as well.

My question to the man started with my declaration that DBS is way better than The Meg then asked which was harder to make physically for him, DBS or The Punisher? Mr. Jane commented that he was training with all kinds of specialists for The Punisher and really enjoyed it but did not like the fact his trainer made him workout twice a day in final weeks leading up to the shoot.

Afterwards TJ hung out meeting the fans, taking photos and signing. It took me back as I guess I first "met" him way back at The Dark Country screening in 2008 or so and subsequently sought him out at Long Beach Comic Con (where I got my first and last photo before DBS night), San Diego Comic Con, I Melt With You premiere and most recently Conan O'Brien during Con among other events over the years. If I were still doing events I'd try to make a The Punisher reunion screening happen!

1689995407_DBS2.jpg.0befdcbcb5c9d62296d9cc4e202751ec.jpg1954375550_DBS1.jpg.72c31aa45669263467de10bc93420a3e.jpg101824118_DBS3.jpg.c4ef518dce0e3b6841ff3dfd6f05252b.jpg

Nice to hear from ya pal. Glad you got there, nice to see Anna there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Enaira said:

Hmmm... I guess all the energy has to flow somewhere?

My wild guess would be that he was actually thinking about something else, maybe not really wanting to be there? So many projects run in parallel, be it movies, comics, own production and directing... I believe it's possible to enjoy the moment but your subconscience puts pressure because there's so much to be done.

Really this is nothing more than a wild guess and I probably even project too much of myself here 🙈

Thomas is a story teller. His loves to talk and share. Sometimes the large scale environment can be a bit off putting, not cause of the people just the spotlight on him. No matter his experience with crowds its always nerves. 

However his mind will often go a million miles an hour too. Hence one of the reason things like meditation is so important to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spoke with Thomas last night and he had a blast, we are waiting on formal pics but will get them up as soon as poss and add them the blog Ive done for the retrospective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Thomas is a story teller. His loves to talk and share. Sometimes the large scale environment can be a bit off putting, not cause of the people just the spotlight on him. No matter his experience with crowds its always nerves. 

However his mind will often go a million miles an hour too. Hence one of the reason things like meditation is so important to him. 

Yeah, I get the impression he’s a bundle of creative energy - God knows what he’d be like without the meditation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Enaira said:

Wow thank you Viendammage!

Looks like we had a RAWwarrior inside after all to report all the juicy details. It sounds like a great evening and a perfect occasion for reunion. How many people were taking pictures at the end with him and did you have a specific discussion with him considering you're such a long time fan?

Could you elaborate more on what issue the shark had while he was strapped on it?

Great to have you back here!

Thanks! Mmmm I'd say a good 30-40 stayed after to get things signed and take photos. When we got up to him it was pretty brief, just some light chat about The Punisher, I mentioned watching I Melt With You recently and he seemed surprised and commented something about it being a dark one (I love that movie, it's dark but not really in a depressing way). Like I said earlier, I kind of forgot all the times I've seen him in person or chatted briefly. After so many years of watching his work I actually forgot about a lot of things he was in!

I can't recall all the of specifics but basically that they had this really expensive robot shark and a guy to radio control it but it would do what it wanted sometime so in one scene it was supposed to go straight but it dove erratically, he reached for his mini-air tank but something went wrong then it reversed course and shot straight up, etc.

And to @Geoff Anna and I have been friends since we met at a Stallone triple feature at Quentin Tarantino's theater shortly after The Dark Country screening which we both attended but didn't know each other yet! That's the power of movies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, viendammage said:

Like I said earlier, I kind of forgot all the times I've seen him in person or chatted briefly. After so many years of watching his work I actually forgot about a lot of things he was in!

Lucky guy you are 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pics received from Thomas and new Blog up on RAW news.

 

rCBsgaEI.jpeg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Geoff said:

http://www.mikethefanboy.com/deep-blue-sea-q-and-a/

Another nice little bit from someone who attended. 

Nice report, sounds like it was a great evening - not sure how Thomas does it but people that meet him just seem to fall under his spell.  Call it charisma, call it cool, whatever 'it' is, he's clearly got it in spades!  I live in hope of finding out first hand one day 🤞🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ZkJzrpXeAeJv

Some dude filmed the whole thing and here it is. You're welcome. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another cool fan pic. 

60154938_382279825966345_8128280318265436222_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They both look great indeed! Wish I had been there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Geoff said:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1ZkJzrpXeAeJv

Some dude filmed the whole thing and here it is. You're welcome. 😎

Wow Geoff you are a hell of a source! How do you find all this?

And thanks unknown dude!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Enaira said:

Wow Geoff you are a hell of a source! How do you find all this?

And thanks unknown dude!

Its ma job - Almost like working! 😎 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Its ma job - Almost like working! 😎 

😂 you two really fit well together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Enaira said:

Wow Geoff you are a hell of a source! How do you find all this?

And thanks unknown dude!

I think Geoff is actually wired in to The Matrix........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...