inkmachine

Jason Moore Introduction

Hiya folks!

Glad to find this forum as I've been a big fan of Bradstreet for many years. It's been years since I've seen Tim and I'll bet ya any money he's completely forgotten who the hell I am LOL! Anyway, we used to have some good conversations about inking at conventions and such, but I ended up disappearing from the comics scene about 5 or 6 years ago and have now decided to try to get back in the 'biz'. Quite a lot has changed in comics since the last time I was published as inker for Kelley Jones on the first 4 issues or so of The Crusades. I know the digital age of comics is at it's beginning stages really as far as comics being completely created on the computer and if that day ever truly comes, it will be a sad day for me. There's nothing quite like taking a brush and making a beautiful smooth line or the gritty, rough scraping of the quill nib on the paper as you're inking. Although, I'm sure someone will come up with some sound effects that will play on your speaker as you're pretending to ink with a quill in Photoshop or Illustrator eventually LOL.

Anyway, enough rambling....here's some examples of my past published works.

Various published inks over pencillers Kelley Jones, Kyle Hotz and Jerry Beck.

l_c08588f17972b38a5c09b0a8f686f432.jpg

l_9befcaaeb268a1cc3e4a134755a83c41.jpg

1053495936_l.jpg

l_d91ec2cd3740be829e8a977d418ed08c.jpg

l_5a69bb22dedb947da38ab105df58e748.jpg

l_1879ae88823c73f4976fdc9aa0c2751c.jpg

Some of these scans didn't turn out to great because they were from poopy copies LOL. They were pieces that Kyle Hotz and I did for Madison Square Garden in NYC for their annual Halloween events that they used to hold back in the 90's.

l_7605780f9e09332779859e0a8a661311.jpg

l_d80f7e8fe088cac4c7b2e2857131bd29.jpg

l_70759cae611a1026884f7ea3f8351d96.jpg

Thanks for taking a peek and in case you were wondering, my influences are listed below in no particular order.

Influences~

Frazetta

Wrightson

Kelley Jones

Jeff Jones

Kyle Hotz

Bradstreet

Ploog

Eisner

and of course, Graham Ingles

Best,

Jason Moore

Ink Machine Productions

Beautiful work Jason, welcome aboard!...gotta dig somebody who loves the work of Wrightson! And Ploog too!

Welcome to RAW!

Cheers Jason!

No pal, I ain't forgotten you.

Anyone who has had to ink Kyle Hotz for more than 8 pages automatically forms a brotherhood ;)

And that is no slight to Hotz, on the contrary, it's a compliment.

Kyle's one of those guys who draws so much detail . . . to do it right takes time. Lots of time. Lots and lots of time.

Brian Pulido once told me that if I wanted to continue working with him that I had to eat, sleep, and breathe Evil Ernie (which I was inking over Kyle at Kyle's request).

I said Brian. I HAVE been eating sleeping and breathing fucking Ernie for 2 months to the detriment of every other project I was involved in.

I asked BP for another 10$ a page cause I wanted to pay the guy assisting me with blacks a little more. He was spending as much time blacking pages as I was inking them.

The rate was crud to begin with. So just for asking for more $ Brian tells me that maybe Ernie doesn't need Tim Bradstreet (and yes, that's how he said it). I was like huh? You don't think I'm dedicated? Are you fucking kidding me?

So I said "Am I hearing you right? You are letting me go?" He says yes. I need to find someone who deserves to ink Ernie. I said. "OK. Let's backpeddle 3 minutes . . . I quit, you unbelievable megalo-weirdo." Jason stepped in to finish the book and kept the quality of inks right where I left off with them.

Way to go Jason. There is more to the story . . . Pulido is a strange dude. I haven't spoken a word to him since. When we see each other at shows we don't acknowledge each other and walk on by. He's the only guy in this business, in 23 years that I lose no love or sleep over.

OK, with that off my chest, great to have you here Jason ;)

xo

- TB

Hey Tim! lol glad you replied here :)

First off, thanks alot for the compliment! It's greatly appreciated :)

Second...man o man, we need to share stories about our pal Pulido LOL. I had to hold some pages hostage until I got paid for some work. I had some MAJOR problems getting paid from Chaos! and some of those conversations are classics LOL. To say Pulido has an odd perspective on his position in comics and his quality of work is an understatement. I looked up the word 'Ego' on google and low and behold Brian Pulido's picture and history showed up. LOL

Anyway, enough about that guy :)

So...ya know any editors lookin for an inker??? LOL I'm really lookin forward to getting back in the industry, but dreading the whole process of getting my foot back in the door as all of the editors I knew back in the day have moved on really. Ah well, it's part of the biz!!! :)

Glad to see you're doing so well Tim! Man, did ya ever think way back in the days of the REAL ChicagoCon at the Ramada O'Hare that you'd be doin what yer doin now?? I really miss those old shows!!!

I suggest you check in with Shawna Gore over at Dark Horse.

Tell her I sent ya. She is editing the new Creepy Magazine.

You show her some of this stuff and she'll go ga-ga.

PM me if you need her email.

I'd love to give you some work here at RAW on one of our projects but we're in a holding pattern on a couple of projects waiting for financing.

When we get going I'll be sure to keep you in mind mon frere.

xo - tb

Hey Tim! lol glad you replied here :)

First off, thanks alot for the compliment! It's greatly appreciated :)

Second...man o man, we need to share stories about our pal Pulido LOL. I had to hold some pages hostage until I got paid for some work. I had some MAJOR problems getting paid from Chaos! and some of those conversations are classics LOL. To say Pulido has an odd perspective on his position in comics and his quality of work is an understatement. I looked up the word 'Ego' on google and low and behold Brian Pulido's picture and history showed up. LOL

Anyway, enough about that guy :)

So...ya know any editors lookin for an inker??? LOL I'm really lookin forward to getting back in the industry, but dreading the whole process of getting my foot back in the door as all of the editors I knew back in the day have moved on really. Ah well, it's part of the biz!!! :)

Glad to see you're doing so well Tim! Man, did ya ever think way back in the days of the REAL ChicagoCon at the Ramada O'Hare that you'd be doin what yer doin now?? I really miss those old shows!!!

Wondering it this might be the same Jason Moore that I knew from CompuServe... shared a couple of beers with during Chicago Comic-Con in the 90's.

Wondering it this might be the same Jason Moore that I knew from CompuServe... shared a couple of beers with during Chicago Comic-Con in the 90's.

It most likely is. =) I was on CompuServe ALL the time back in the day and the ol Chicago-Con was my favorite con...still many many fond memories of that show.

So, who are ya exactly? I didn't see much info in your profile yet =)

Best,

Jason

It most likely is. =) I was on CompuServe ALL the time back in the day and the ol Chicago-Con was my favorite con...still many many fond memories of that show.

So, who are ya exactly? I didn't see much info in your profile yet =)

Best,

Jason

Troy Zurel.

Think we had an entire night we were drinking.....wanna say it was in the bar downstairs and there was something where Everett from London Night was being followed around by his entire staff all night....and when he was ready for bed....he made everyone leave.

Like I said it was a long time ago. Always wondered what you were up to.

Troy