relias33

The Expendables

In a letter sent to several sites, Sylvester Stallone confirmed that Forest Whitaker has been replaced by Curtis ("50 Cent") Jackson due to Whitaker's schedule, and has added more names:

Hale Caesar is Curtis Jackson

Toll Road (new character) is Randy Couture

Monroe is Eric Roberts

Tool (an ex-Expendable) is Mickey Rourke

Bao is Jet Li

Lee Christmas is Jason Statham

Lacy is Charisma Carpenter

Sandra is Giselle Itie (famous Brazilian actress)

And

Barney 'the schizo' Ross is Yours Truly.

Lionsgate is targeting an April 23, 2010 release for the action-adventure, which follows a team of mercenaries on a mission to overthrow a South American dictator.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=53843

IMDB has most of the actors and characters names mixed up. Sly didn't list Dolph on there. I hope he's still in the film! Also, I thought Steve Austin was cast as well?

IMDB has most of the actors and characters names mixed up. Sly didn't list Dolph on there. I hope he's still in the film! Also, I thought Steve Austin was cast as well?

I saw that as well. In the actuall letter he mentions Dolph, but it's in reference to Rocky. I hope he's still in.

Where did you read that J? I wonder why he mentioned Dolph in reference to Rocky? I pray he's in this. I want to see Dolph on the BIG SCREEN and not on straight to dvd shelves

50 Cent has as much charisma as a wooden plank... Noooo, that would be an insult to planks. He sucks.

I wouldn't worry too much. With a cast so big, unless the movie is 3 hours, I'm sure 50 Cent won't get too much dialogue and what not.

Where did you read that J? I wonder why he mentioned Dolph in reference to Rocky? I pray he's in this. I want to see Dolph on the BIG SCREEN and not on straight to dvd shelves

Aint It Cool News has it posted. Here's the link:

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/node/40487

I'm still trying to figure out how they go from Forrest to 50...

Good cause I love Terry Crews. He's the man.

Thank the lord! Crews is great!

That would be cool if Carl Weathers and Stallone reunited. It's been 24 years since Rocky 4 when they were together last.

If I remember correctly, Stallone wanted to use footage of Carl Weathers in ROCKY BALBOA and Carl wanted a ton of money for it, which Stallone wasn't too happy about. I doubt he'll work with him again.

I heard the same story. Stallone was not too thrilled with Weathers' monetary request which was supposed to be rediculously over priced. Stallone didn't come out and say anything too bad about Carl, but he suggested their last talk was probably just that. I think that was on AICN, they did some talkbacks with Stallone during the last Rocky and Rambo films.

This is what Stallone said:

Actually Mr. T and Ivan Drago are in a quick montage before the main event in ROCKY BALBOA. It’s only for a second or two, but I appreciate their agreeing to participate. Apollo Creed is not in ROCKY BALBOA because he wanted many thousands of dollars for a two-second piece of he and Rocky boxing. Unfortunately we couldn’t afford it. Then again, what ever happened to loyalty? Apollo Greed?

Wow, I didn't know that. Jeez. I think it's just that Weathers is going broke ;)

The man is poised to become a governor for some state, well him or Shane Black.

Just get the whole cast and crew of Predator why don't we? Weathers did a skit on SNL about that.

28 Photos From The Expendables Set! http://tinyurl.com/ck6rbt

Sylvester Stallone is currently filming action-adventure The Expendables in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and we've got 28 photos of the writer/director/star filming as well as Jason Statham on the set. The scene that was filmed features the 62-year-old running down a pier with a hand gun and jumping off the end.

Co-starring Terry Crews, Randy Couture, Eric Roberts, Mickey Rourke, Jet Li, Charisma Carpenter and Giselle Itie, the Lionsgate release is coming to theaters on April 23, 2010. It follows a team of mercenaries on a mission to overthrow a South American dictator.

You can also follow unit publicist Sheryl Main on Twitter as she updates from the shoot.

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=54307

The production Blog for Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables has posted this new behind-the-scenes video featuring several scenes being filmed for the action film. Opening April 23, 2010, the movie follows a team of mercenaries on a mission to overthrow a South American dictator.

Stallone, Terry Crews, Randy Couture, Eric Roberts, Mickey Rourke, Jet Li, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Charisma Carpenter, Giselle Itie, Brittany Murphy and David Zayas star in the Lionsgate release.

Click here to view the video

Guest AdminGuyX

I just watched the trailer over on Joblo.com and I have to say I was immediately brought back to 1987, when I was just a junkie for action and didn't care for plot or character or . . . logic. :) In a good way. I can't wait to see this! It looks like great fun.

And what struck me, oddly, is that Stallone is giving Jet Li a performance here. The way he carries himself, the lines he delivers here, I don't know that we've ever seen Jet Li this relaxed on screen before!

Noeland, Li is a bit relaxed as the Monkey King in "Forbidden Kingdom" which is a surprisingly good Kung Fu film. Mixed reviews from my conspirators on FB. I for one think this is the Ocean's Eleven of action. Stallone and Statham are Clooney and Pitt. Li is Damon.

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS FILM!!!