Sign in to follow this  
Tiara

THE SURROGATES

brucewillis.jpg

Walt Disney Pictures has released the first official photo for U571/Terminator 3 helmer Jonathan Mostow’s big screen adaptation the Robert Vanditti graphic novel Surrogates. The sci-fi thriller has an interesting concept, but I found myself unimpressed by an early sizzle reel that was shown at the Walt Disney Showcase in September. Click on the photo above to enlarge.

The official plot synopsis follows: FBI agents (Bruce Willis and Radha Mitchell ) investigate the mysterious murder of a college student linked to the man who helped create a high-tech surrogate phenomenon that allows people to purchase unflawed robotic versions of themselves—fit, good looking remotely controlled machines that ultimately assume their life roles—enabling people to experience life vicariously from the comfort and safety of their own homes. The murder spawns a quest for answers: in a world of masks, who’s real and who can you trust?

The film also stars Rosamund Pike, James Francis Ginty, Boris Kodjoe and VingRhames. Surrogates hits theaters on September 25th 2009.

Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/12/17/first-...-in-surrogates/

Love Mostow. I'll be on the lookout for this.

Is there a release date yet?

- TB

Looks like September 25, 2009

Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=39442

Touchstone Pictures is presenting director Jonathan Mostow's upcoming sci-fi thriller Surrogates at the New York Comic-Con on Saturday (stay tuned for more on that), and the studio has launched an in-depth viral site in advance. You can find the site at ChooseYourSurrogate.com and it's for the company that makes the surrogates in the film.

In the film, opening September 25th, FBI agents (Bruce Willis and Radha Mitchell) investigate the mysterious murder of a college student linked to the man who helped create a high-tech surrogate phenomenon that allows people to purchase unflawed robotic versions of themselves—fit, good looking remotely controlled machines that ultimately assume their life roles—enabling people to experience life vicariously from the comfort and safety of their own homes. The murder spawns a quest for answers: in a world of masks, who's real and who can you trust?

Click here: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52641

Man, I got handed a flier for a test screening of this flick, but I called and they were no longer taking reservations. Would have loved to see it.

Today we finally have the official trailer for Surrogates!

Bruce Willis’ upcoming action sci-fi thriller is based on the 2005-06 comic series of the same name (but with “the” in front) where in the future, people live their lives through remote-controlled robots (the Surrogates). The story follows Agent Greer, played by Willis, who must leave his home to investigate the murders of other Surrogates and their respective users.

Watch the trailer and see what you think:

If you saw the footage that was revealed online the other week, most of what was shown there between the interviews shows up in this trailer. The trailer looks cool but isn’t very exciting. I get a strong sense of the style we saw in Minority Report (loved that movie!) and I, Robot while watching this and it therefore doesn’t come off as something unique or special.

What really worries me is that this movie looks alright from the trailer but I think the final full product may be very underwhelming (the same way I felt about Terminator 3 which was directed by the same guy, Jonathan Mostow). Most of the effects look polished but everything else (from the story, drama and excitement to the action) is a little bland.

It certainly has potential and I hope it’s good as I’ll definitely be seeing it.

What do you think of the trailer?

Surrogates opens September 25, 2009.

This looks fun...

and the fact it isn't a sequel, prequel, reboot or spin-off DEFINITELY bumps it up my must-see list.

I keep getting this 'Matrix' feel to it. But I am definitely going to see it as well.

Salon has a witty review of Surrogates. If anyone sees it, can you let me know if its worth the babysitter? Seeing Willis w/ hair would be funny but his spread in W the other month gave me enough Willis-funny that he, alone, isn't enough to cough up the smackers for a sitter.